Sign in to follow this  
nu_matik

RVW... When will we....

...See our record signing in the yellow and green? Getting quite frustrating just seeing pictures of him in his Lisbon shirt. It will all seem more real when we see him the new city kit!

[quote user="nu_matik"]...See our record signing in the yellow and green? Getting quite frustrating just seeing pictures of him in his Lisbon shirt. It will all seem more real when we see him the new city kit![/quote]Ah (taps side of nose significantly) but will he still be our record signing by then?

I imagine that the club will want a publicity photograph as soon as possible after he joins us, if only to help other signings to occur. So I would guess sometime early in the week beginning July 1st. At that point he will have had his various bits of gear given to him - track suits, etc., and they will surely find a shirt for him.

Good point, maybe we will sign Rooney by then? Cant wait to see RVW in a city shirt though... and shorts and socks of course, not just running round with his van winkle out

[quote user="Salopian"]I imagine that the club will want a publicity photograph as soon as possible after he joins us, if only to help other signings to occur. So I would guess sometime early in the week beginning July 1st. At that point he will have had his various bits of gear given to him - track suits, etc., and they will surely find a shirt for him.[/quote]You''re right.I can see loads of professional footballers on their laptops. Browsers pointed canaries.co.uk. Constantly hitting refresh. No one in their right mind would sign for a club until their new striker is seen in the team colours![:$]

Just a pity that when we first see him in a Norwich shirt it''ll be the new one.

Seriously, does ANYONE like the new kit? I havent seen anyone be positive about it.

For me its too green and the shorts are far too baggy, reminds me of the awful shorts we had in the late 90''s

I personally love the new kit and have been begging for green sleeves and sides for ages. Whats the point of having the same kit over and over with a little tweak, it just makes the paying customer feel ripped off, right?

Its bold and beautiful.

As for the kit when I first saw it...I hated it. I thought it was boringggg and had the looks of a small pub team. Boring and Plain and then after seeing them on at the Man City game I was like wow they actually look really nice. I might have to buy one now myself. I still think personally we as fans in that one post have created better but this new one isn''t bad at all and a lot better than I thought.

Well, he''s scored quite a few penalties this season!

Didnt our first Errea kit win best shirt of the season? (Although Im not sure how official that award was). I personally dont like the new kit, can make my peace with the design but the fit looks awful, especially the shorts. Least it makes Holty look trimmer though!

Completely agree with the comment that the shirts should make an attempt to be different to previous seasons (else it is simply a rip off) so for that alone it has my respect

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Technically still a Lisbon player until July 1st - wouldn''t expect much before then.[/quote]

39 days, 7 hours and 48 minutes. But who''s counting?