Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Florent Malouda

Being released by Chelsea and available on a free. Anyone think this might be a good addition, or at 32 would be too old etc?

IF he was willing to accept wages in line with our current levels then I''d be interested in having him here, a genuine quality player who''s got left out in the cold at Chelsea just because they signed players like Mata and Hazard.

Has he been out on loan this season at all?

If he hasn''t, and even if he were willing to take a probably massive pay cut, still wouldn''t be keen. If he hasn''t been out on loan then he''s had most of a year out, is in his 30s now isn''t he? I''m sure he still has some class about him, and wouldn''t be a bad addition to the squad, just personally a no.

Wages would be the issue - also I''m not sure where he''d really fit into our system - or if he''d do better than half the players we have now. Not sure he''s a "Norwich" type player

He wanted to go on loan Ginge but Chelsea wouldn''t let him, he was frozen out for some reason. I remember reading a report in one of the newspapers not so long ago.

I don''t think I''ve seen a player have a more hot and cold time at a club. Started rubbish, then was amazing, then went back to rubbish. I think it''s best for him if he goes back to France. Decent enough league for him to prove himself there.

Im sorry but no. I think he refused to train with the development squad and was cast out at Chelski this season and we don''t need characters like that at our club. If we were going on we should get him because he is free and out of contract, its still a no. Simply because his wages are far too much. Plus we would never see a solid return for the money invested in him given his short potential career left at the top level.

I can see somebody suggesting Steven Harper being a good replacement for Camp soon enough!!

With the change in finances, do we now change our recruitment strategy?

It was always ''young and hungry'' before. Is this something we maintain? Hasnt served us badly before, and perhaps we can now look at better quality of young and hungry.

Malouda certainly doesnt fit into that category. QPR took the opposite approach and look what happened to them

I think there''s too much obsession around the "young and hungry" mantra, which completely ignores the ability and experience that players like Malouda can offer over the shorter term.Players of his standard will help people like Pilks, Snoddy and Benno - not to mention younger players like the Murphy twins as well.We''ve all seen Carlton Morris doing very well for the youth team, and how working with Holt has apparently helped him develop, yet who do we have on the wings to provide a similar type of assistance?As long as the wages are sensible and the guy genuinely wants to come (rather than simply sticking in the prem at wherever will take him) and work for a place then I can''t understand why we wouldn''t snap him up.Being displaced by the likes of Hazard and Mata is certainly not shameful, and a player with his ability and experience shouldn''t be getting totally frozen out and being asked to purely play in development squads, it''s wasteful and disrespectful.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]We''ve all seen Carlton Morris doing very well for the youth team, and how working with Holt has apparently helped him develop, yet who do we have on the wings to provide a similar type of assistance?

[/quote]

I thought Mr. Huckerby does some coaching at the Academy?