Sign in to follow this  
Browno

2013-14 Home Kit

[quote user="pablofarmer"]It is growing on me![/quote]

Some things often look better after a couple of pints.[;)]

[quote user="Bunns Armpit"]

I know we are in the Prem now but really these one year kit deals....come on do we not pay enough throughout the year in season tickets etc, etc, I have four children & myelf, they all have season tickets & we attend most away games all this & we now have to buy a new shirt every year too. I usually end up with the previous years when the club shop knock them out cheap. Man Utd used to get slatted on message boards like this a few years ago for launching a new kit every year, now it seems the norm....Come on City buck the trend two years is all I ask for, maybe new home kit one year & the away the following year!!!!

[/quote]This argument (moan) comes up all the time.1) You do not have to buy a new kit every year. It''s your choice to do so if you want to and can justify the price.2) You could have picked up the old (current years) version a few weeks back for the perfectly reasonable £15. A 67% saving to today''s model.3) Compared to other professional sports around the world, £45 is very reasonable. For example, fan of the MLS? Want to get the latest Sporting Kansas City "replica jersey"? That''s US$120 - around £80.

I like the new kit. I''ve always wanted more green in it, not quite like that, but I got what I asked for.

Keeper kit looks horrible though.

Video is kind of what you expect from people who AREN''T ACTORS. Can people get over this please?

I actually thought Snoddy''s delivery was pretty good. It''s just a shame that his Weegie accent made his offer to play football sound more like a threat in a local boozer. The bulge in his shorts look....unfortunate

"I actually thought Snoddy''s delivery was pretty good. It''s just a shame that his Weegie accent made his offer to play football sound more like a threat in a local boozer"

Thanks for that chunky, now I just spat out my tea through my nose.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Why is it a bunch of our fans can do a better job after 20 mins in photoshop than so-called professionals in kit design???[/quote]As a graphic designer I have to put up with this type of comment all the time. Unfortunately we have no idea what the client''s brief was… there may have been some very specific input from the board and the team as to what they wanted. Any design, be it architecture, automotive, fashion or sports apparel will appeal to some and not to others. And fortuantely opinions are like ar*eholes… we all have one.That being said, there were a couple posted on the other thread that I would have preferred.As you were…

Some of the YouTube comments are hilarious.

"Di-Erea"

"Snoddy''s invitation to a game sounded more like he was starting a fight in a pub with his accent"

"These kids aren''t aiming high with wanting to be Johnson and Martin"

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Indy_Bones"]Why is it a bunch of our fans can do a better job after 20 mins in photoshop than so-called professionals in kit design???[/quote]As a graphic designer I have to put up with this type of comment all the time. Unfortunately we have no idea what the client''s brief was… there may have been some very specific input from the board and the team as to what they wanted. Any design, be it architecture, automotive, fashion or sports apparel will appeal to some and not to others. And fortuantely opinions are like ar*eholes… we all have one.That being said, there were a couple posted on the other thread that I would have preferred.As you were…[/quote]
That is very true Andy, the board could have been very specific in what they wanted, i.e. green sleeves and V neck etc. As fans we just don''t know what Errea was told to design.

[quote user="YellowBlood"]hat is very true Andy, the board could have

been very specific in what they wanted, i.e. green sleeves and V neck

etc. As fans we just don''t know what Errea was told to design.[/quote]A fair point by Andy and yourself YB.That

being said, if the client input lead to that ''quality'' of design, then

maybe they should stick to ruthless transfers and baking cakes instead

of coming up with new shirt ideas...[;)]

Morison''s Prozac: Some of the YouTube comments are hilarious.

"Di-Erea"

"Snoddy''s invitation to a game sounded more like he was starting a fight in a pub with his accent"

"These kids aren''t aiming high with wanting to be Johnson and MartinSome guy called Luke Stronach just copy and pasted my post on here. What a rotter!

Just ordered mine, they better not do a name printing offer in a month or twos time like they did last season. I always love the excitement of a new kit!

I quite like it. Anyway, always leave yourself somewhere to go. Don''t design the ultimate in football kits because the next one......

Also Ruddy, in that blue (as opposed to black), will look mahoosive out the corner of a CF''s eye, as they are trying to line up a shot next season :)

Anyone else thing the green parts at the sides of the shirt were designed specifically to make Holt look slimmer after his comments in the paper? xD

Anyone else think the green parts at the sides of the shirt were designed specifically to make Holt look slimmer after his comments in the paper? xD

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Stig, I''m pretty sure McNasty said on Twitter that they''d be doing a RVW shirt deal....[/quote]
Yeah, hopefully the away kit will be out by then so I''ll get him on that [;)]

Looks like Plymouth Argyle wearing their yellow training bibs. 

Hey, depending on next year''s success, we may yet learn to love it - look at the positive associations of the bird poop / children''s pyjama kit from ''93

We are in the Premier League right? It looks like some boring plain kit that a non league team like King''s Lynn or a team without an art department would come out with.So very disappointed. I def will not buy this one nor many of the future ones if they keep coming out with the same boring look year after year and that goalie top is horrible...all my opinion but so very boring to me.

Sorry nochain just read your post, and another one, saying the same thing as me. In fact there was nothing original in my post. Must try harder!

I really like it. There''s no way it''s anywhere near one of our worst kits. I am however, pleased that the Pink''Un forum has something to moan about again. Normal service resumes.

Its not the kit i''m worried about. Can''t believe Ruddy got beat in that goal size. Ship him out while we''ve still got time.

This bloody awful design has got Hughon''s stamp all over it.

No wonder he couldn''t get his team line- ups and tactics right for months he was too busy over complicating the new shirt.

The pansy blue colour looks very Spurs old school, a definite tribute to his genuine love and the shorts are so tight they''re not even circumcision proof!

WTF Bassong is dressed in or doing is anyone''s guess and the whole thing looks like it was shot on Holt''s mobile phone. Wasn''t this the manufacturer who launched their teaming up with us with a high production video and soundtrack.

Funicli- funicular has move on to F@ck me - F@ck you an all.

Hughton out!