Sign in to follow this  
MrFruit

Pre season USA & ???

2 of 3 games announced by City for there trip to USA the 3rd game was announced in USA last Friday so why the secret NCFC media department?

Further most clubs have announced other pre season matches but us? Oh no - why?

If I''ve missed announcements then apologies

It was announced the other week. A mexican team i believe, but being played in the US.

Will try and find a link

Norwich City have confirmed a three-game USA summer tour in July

with scheduled matches against Portland Timbers and Darren Huckerby''s

former club San Jose Earthquakes.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:31 PM

Norwich City have confirmed a three-game USA

summer tour in July with scheduled matches against MLS sides San Jose

Earthquakes and Portland Timbers already confirmed along with a third

fixture to take place in Sacramento.

City are due to fly out to California on Monday, July 15 before

their first fixture takes place in Sacramento on Thursday, July 18.

Sacramento have recently launched a new professional club called Sac Pro

Soccer, and City are part of a special Sacramento Soccer Day being held

to mark the new club’s start to life in the Californian state capital.

City’s

next game will be on Saturday, July 20 against Darren Huckerby’s former

club San Jose Earthquakes at their Buck Shaw Stadium. The final game of

the tour will see City travel north from California to Oregon, where

they will take on Portland Timbers at the Jeld Wen Field on Wednesday,

July 24.

“We’re delighted to have made arrangements for a summer

tour to America where we will play two games against MLS sides and

another side to be confirmed,” City boss Chris Hughton told the club’s

official site. “The games will provide an important part of our

pre-season build-up for the 2013-14 domestic campaign and of course it’s

a great opportunity for the Club to engage with football fans in the

United States.”

• Norwich City USA Tour – key dates

• Monday, July 15: Arrive in California

• Thursday, July 18: Game one, opponent TBC

• Saturday, July 20: Game two, Buck Shaw Stadium v San Jose Earthquakes (7.30pm)*

• Wednesday, July 24: Game three, Jeld Wen Field v Portland Timbers (kick-off TBC)*

• Friday, July 26: return to the UK.

Yes, all as announced by NCFC but 3rd game was confirmed stateside last week - as post below. So why the delay here?

Plus where/when are other pre season games? Most clubs have sorted & announced

The NY Canaries are organizing a meet-up at at least both CA matches. We will have a tailgate party and hope to meet as many other stateside Canary Supporters as well as those making the long haul from the UK.

We''ll post details about it a bit closer to the matches.

Florida Resident here...I plan on going to at least 2 of them if anyone wants to meet up maybe split the cost of a rent a car or hotel. Let me know :)

Looking to stay in San Francisco area for the first 2 games and fly to Portland for the third,

looks to be  frequent trains from S.F to San Jose for the 2nd match but does anyone with a local knowledge know the best way of getting to Sacramento (and back) on a Thursday night - approx 90 miles....for the first game.....any suggestions please?

GLD - If you are over 25 years old, rent a car. Outside of the main city''s like NY, Chicargo.......etc, public transportation is not so good and often dangerous.

[quote user="mississauga_canary"]More about the other game against the Mexican team here http://insider.sacprosoccer.com/ Weird how the club havnt said anything though[/quote]

could be "Behind closed doors" game?

Tickets now on sale guys!

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/us-tour-13-tickets-832927.aspx

Looking forward to traveling down from Canada for the De Sinola and San Jose games! Roll on July!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Looking to stay in San Francisco area for the first 2 games and fly to Portland for the third,

looks to be  frequent trains from S.F to San Jose for the 2nd match but does anyone with a local knowledge know the best way of getting to Sacramento (and back) on a Thursday night - approx 90 miles....for the first game.....any suggestions please?

[/quote]

If you can stay on match night in Sacramento then go by train

From San Fransisco take "BART" to Richmond & then take Capitol coridoor train to Sacramento (1hour 40 mins approx) - see Amtrack site for CC trains - approx $52 dollars return + BART

Thanks Mr. Fruit, very helpful indeed, by your suggestion I''m assuming youre saying that there would be no return trains on the night?

thanks also Texas canary, sadly, yes I''m over 25 by a few years now, but I''ve never driven on the "wrong" side of the road before and am not about to start now!, looking to make use of internal flights & public transport wherever possible.

Hey I wanna find someone to room with and share costs of a rent a car if anyone wants too let me know. I am buying my tickets for the gamehttps://www.facebook.com/roger.mallett1980 I wanna meet some of you all if you plan on coming on over :)

btw I will be going to the Thursday and Saturday game in the San Jose and Sacramento area...can''t do Portland that is too far for me and too much time off work.

Noticed that Mexicoan football legend Cuauhtémoc Blanco places for Sinaloa. That''s quite something (but he''s 40).

They''re currently a mid table team in the Mexican 2nd tier (no doubt a strong division though considering the quality of Mexican football).

This season they lost in a playoff-final for promotion to the top tier.

They''re definitely some players in the Mexican division we might be having a look at. Considering they''ve won a number of trophies in younger ages recently (Olympics, U-17)

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Thanks Mr. Fruit, very helpful indeed, by your suggestion I''m assuming youre saying that there would be no return trains on the night?

thanks also Texas canary, sadly, yes I''m over 25 by a few years now, but I''ve never driven on the "wrong" side of the road before and am not about to start now!, looking to make use of internal flights & public transport wherever possible.

[/quote]

That''s correct last train departs before end of match

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]

This might please a poster on here as Kathy''s a fan of holidying in the States. She''s even in the EDP today. On page 2!

[/quote]

By the looks of the photo she''s been caught in the storm - rough!

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]Anyone going to Portland, can I recommend you read "Dies the Fire" by SM Stirling first.[/quote]

Are you implying that''s what Portland is actually like and people should read it as a survival manual? [;)]

Absolutely gutted I can''t afford to make it back to Portland [:(]

[quote user="MrFruit"][quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]

This might please a poster on here as Kathy''s a fan of holidying in the States. She''s even in the EDP today. On page 2!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Blimey if anything will bring Wiz to the messageboard this comment will and surely Yankee will be having a word with MrFruit as well ?[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="MrFruit"][quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Blimey if anything will bring Wiz to the messageboard this comment will and surely Yankee will be having a word with MrFruit as well ?[;)]

[/quote]

No takers TIL 1010, obviously they are in full agreement!