Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

Crystal balls

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

Sorry to inform you Mr.Caventosh but your ''predictions'' are not that clever or informative

[/quote]

I keep getting it right.
[/quote]

Ok then tell us who will make up the numbers then as replacements and in case you have not heard RVW is on his way on July 1st.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]I keep getting it...right.[/quote]I shouldn''t think you''ve ever had it...you come across as someone who is much too young! [:''(]

Feed the troll

Feed the troll

Feed the troll and it will troll

Feed the troll and IT will troll

Feed the troll

Feed the troll

Feed the troll and it will troll (it will troll)

Feed the troll and it will troll

Predictions my arse! More like piecing together already established facts, very strong rumor and no brainer guesses and coming to very obvious but open to interpretation statements. There''s no all seeing mystic here just a trollollolloll. You may as well start a thread entitled I predict RVW will score more than 10 goals and then smartarse in with a i predicted this thread once no. 11 goes in.

"Forward (to replace departing Jackson)2 Central midfielders (to provide badly needed goals and pace from midfield)Left winger (to stand in for Pilkington when injured)Left-back (to replace departing Tierney)Central defender (to replace departing Barnett)"

I personally think we will buy just one central midfielder. But there is little here that demands great insight.

[quote user="Brightside"]Predictions my arse! More like piecing together already established facts, very strong rumor and no brainer guesses and coming to very obvious but open to interpretation statements. [/quote]There are hundreds of different opinions on here but as you can see mine are proven to be accurate. I used to do some scouting for a Premier League manager and a Premier League coach (who are not working at the same clubs) so I have some insight.

Well let''s see some evidence of this insight then!! Can you use your scouting expertise to name our next three signings?

[quote user="tom cavendish"]
There are hundreds of different opinions on here but as you can see mine are proven to be accurate. I used to do some scouting for a Premier League manager and a Premier League coach (who are not working at the same clubs) so I have some insight.
[/quote]

Well now this is the biggest piece of bigging yourself up ever posted on here.I used to think you were seriously misguided but now think you are a troll. Surely nobody can be so conceited ?

"There are hundreds of different opinions on here"

True, but the consensus view is pretty much in line with what you have come up with, Tom.

It is also reflected in the ongoing reports that we are interested in:

Olsson (left back)

Curtis Davis (centre back)

Gary Hooper (striker)

Left wing is a standout position for strengthening because we missed Pilkington when unavailable and he currently does not have a natural standin.

Ditto central midfield, where we have no real pace to play the counterattacking game that Hughton favoured this year. It has also been devoid of goals (until Howson''s efforts at the end of the season).

So where is the real insight here?

[quote user="tom cavendish"]I called it right last season Here is the start of my latest crystal ball predictions... 10 players that won''t make it into next seasons squad:Lee CampGeorge FrancombSimeon JacksonDaniel AyalaElliott WardTom AdeyemiKorey SmithJames VaughanChris MartinMarc Tierney[/quote]

The following piece was extracted from a rival board and was posted three days before your astounding predictions.

''The following players are out of contract and I think are likely to be let go:

Adeyemi - Ayala - Camp - Fox - Francomb - Jackson - Smith - Tierney - Ward''.

It''s hardly rocket science is it? Or does that make him/her a better Mystic meg than you?As already pointed out, Martin had already gone by then.

Lee Camp - out of contract

George Francomb - out of contract

Simeon Jackson - out of contract

Daniel Ayala - out on loan all season

Elliott Ward - out of contract

Tom Adeyemi - out of contract

Korey Smith - out of contract

James Vaughan - out on loan all season

Chris Martin - out of contract

Marc Tierney - out of contract

In early January (I think) Johnson (I think) signed a new contract. Hughton''s words were something along the lines of ''all of the players we have been looking to extend the deals of are now complete''. At that time I predicted that this meant that all players out of contract in the summer would be moving on to pastures new. I wasn''t the only one that saw it this way either.

It''s hardly a prediction.

Plus, just to balance things out you should have stated the things you got horribly wrong.

Also, Wilfred Bony - hahahahaha. He''s been linked to much richer clubs offering better contracts.

It''s a bit like saying ''Hughton will struggle to sign a creative midfielder, Wilshere would be our best bet but he won''t get him''.

Seriously, you should not create posts like this unless you are going to put yourself in stocks in front of Lloyds on Gentleman''s walk so people can get hold of the off fruit and veg from the market to lob at you.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="birchfest"]
I think your biggest prediction about a new stadium and the now infamous ''pepper corn rent'' balances out everything you got right, because frankly there is no chance of any of that happening.
[/quote]

No, I predicted that the Board wouldn''t be going ahead with plans to replaced the City stand as quickly as had previously been hoped and that funds would instead be directed towards staying in the Premier League, and so they would have to consider alternatives. I was right, and I think the board made the right decision.

I suggested ideas as to how to achieving a bigger capacity stadium without having a detrimental impact upon the playing budget, and I am sure that the board will consider such ideas in the future.
[/quote]

I am absolutely certain that the board will give very serious and careful consideration to anything you suggest.

@Orford:

"The following players are out of contract and I think are likely to be let go:

Adeyemi - Ayala - Camp - Fox - Francomb - Jackson - Smith - Tierney - Ward''."

I agree with the sentiment but I think you will find that Ayala''s contract is not up yet (signed two seasons ago on a three/four year deal) and Fox was given a new two year deal last summer.

The others are as stated though.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="tom cavendish"]
There are hundreds of different opinions on here but as you can see mine are proven to be accurate. I used to do some scouting for a Premier League manager and a Premier League coach (who are not working at the same clubs) so I have some insight.
[/quote]

Well now this is the biggest piece of bigging yourself up ever posted on here.I used to think you were seriously misguided but now think you are a troll. Surely nobody can be so conceited ?

[/quote]

I didn''t realise that if you got sacked on Football Manager, you could apply for scouting jobs?

Gotta check that one out.

If you are actually a scout then you know what? I am in the wrong job. Brain cells to rub together or what?

Tilly, what would be the correct turn of phrase in establishment terms for a crock of plop?

I''d just like to point out that Tom''s original post was made on 20th May at 5:23pm - the following tweet from the Norwich City account was made at 10:11am that day - so Tom''s magic prediction was posted 7 hours later than the news had been broken (and even then he missed out some players).

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/336529520519700480

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

I''d just like to point out that Tom''s original post was made on 20th May at 5:23pm - the following tweet from the Norwich City account was made at 10:11am that day - so Tom''s magic prediction was posted 7 hours later than the news had been broken (and even then he missed out some players).

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/336529520519700480

[/quote]

hahahaha!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="tom cavendish"]There are hundreds of different opinions on here but as you can see mine are proven to be accurate. I used to do some scouting for a Premier League manager and a Premier League coach (who are not working at the same clubs) so I have some insight.[/quote]

[/quote]All the sweeter then when it inevitably goes t*its up Tilly [:D]