Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

Crystal balls

I called it right last season * as to which players would go and which positions would be signed.* CH would struggle to sign a good new striker and that we should go for Wilfried Bony.* tactics would be more geared towards not losing rather than Lambert''s style of being gung-ho trying to win.* Turner would have a bad start but get a lot better. Garrido wasn''t great at defending but would be good going forward.* Holt wouldn''t be very good as a loan striker unless Wes plays to support him.* CH would give far too much respect to the poorer teams but do better against the better teams.Here is the start of my latest crystal ball predictions... 10 players that won''t make it into next seasons squad:Lee CampGeorge FrancombSimeon JacksonDaniel AyalaElliott WardTom AdeyemiKorey SmithJames VaughanChris MartinMarc Tierney

[quote user="tom cavendish"]I called it right last season Here is the start of my latest crystal ball predictions... 10 players that won''t make it into next seasons squad:Lee CampGeorge FrancombSimeon JacksonDaniel AyalaElliott WardTom AdeyemiKorey SmithJames VaughanChris MartinMarc Tierney[/quote]WOW some bold predictions there.... [:|]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="tom cavendish"]I called it right last season Here is the start of my latest crystal ball predictions... 10 players that won''t make it into next seasons squad:Lee CampGeorge FrancombSimeon JacksonDaniel AyalaElliott WardTom AdeyemiKorey SmithJames VaughanChris MartinMarc Tierney[/quote]WOW some bold predictions there.... [:|][/quote]Some people say that the likes of Vaughan, Ayala, Adeyemi, Camp should get chances next season but I don''t think any of those will be in the squad next season.

Bold predictions, really ncfcstar?

It''s pretty obvious none of them will have a part to play next season.

Two have gone already...

You missed the sarcasm SYG.

Personally I''d be more surprised if any of them stay.

So what exactly have you predicted there Mr. Caventosh that numerous other posters on hundreds of threads throughout the season have not said. ?

Anyway how is that  stadium coming along in Bristol ?[;)]

I dont understand these threads? I mean I get having an opinion, but turning it into predictions and then opening a thread to show everyone you right... urm... a Medal will be in the post? I think your biggest prediction about a new stadium and the now infamous ''pepper corn rent'' balances out everything you got right, because frankly there is no chance of any of that happening.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]It achieved planning permission. Planning permission has also been achieved for building a supermarket on the site of their current stadium (which is financing the cost of the new stadium on uni owned land).

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

It achieved planning permission. Planning permission has also been achieved for building a supermarket on the site of their current stadium (which is financing the cost of the new stadium on uni owned land).

[/quote]

Whooooooooooooooosh.[:D]

[quote user="birchfest"]I think your biggest prediction about a new stadium and the now infamous ''pepper corn rent'' balances out everything you got right, because frankly there is no chance of any of that happening.[/quote]No, I predicted that the Board wouldn''t be going ahead with plans to replaced the City stand as quickly as had previously been hoped and that funds would instead be directed towards staying in the Premier League, and so they would have to consider alternatives. I was right, and I think the board made the right decision.I suggested ideas as to how to achieving a bigger capacity stadium without having a detrimental impact upon the playing budget, and I am sure that the board will consider such ideas in the future.

"* Holt wouldn''t be very good as a loan striker "

Why on earth would Holt go out on loan? Or would it by any chance be part of a financing scheme with the Council/University?

[quote user="SYG"]Bold predictions, really ncfcstar?

It''s pretty obvious none of them will have a part to play next season.

Two have gone already...[/quote][^o)]

Just to add... if anyone from the club is reading this, I had no inside info about this, it was just a prediction. The club then announced it a few hours later.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Just to add... if anyone from the club is reading this, I had no inside info about this, it was just a prediction. The club then announced it a few hours later.[/quote]

Priceless!  [:D]

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Just to add... if anyone from the club is reading this, I had no inside info about this, it was just a prediction. The club then announced it a few hours later.[/quote]You are David McNally, I claim my £5

[quote user="tom cavendish"]I called it right last season * as to which players would go and which positions would be signed.* CH would struggle to sign a good new striker and that we should go for Wilfried Bony.* tactics would be more geared towards not losing rather than Lambert''s style of being gung-ho trying to win.* Turner would have a bad start but get a lot better. Garrido wasn''t great at defending but would be good going forward.* Holt wouldn''t be very good as a loan striker unless Wes plays to support him.* CH would give far too much respect to the poorer teams but do better against the better teams.Here is the start of my latest crystal ball predictions... 10 players that won''t make it into next seasons squad:Lee CampGeorge FrancombSimeon JacksonDaniel AyalaElliott WardTom AdeyemiKorey SmithJames VaughanChris MartinMarc Tierney[/quote]

Well, Holt was never on loan so you got that one wrong !! 

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="tom cavendish"]I called it right last season * Holt wouldn''t be very good as a loan striker unless Wes plays to support him.[/quote]Well, Holt was never on loan so you got that one wrong !!  [/quote]Ironically, it was a ''predictive'' text spelling mistake  ;)

Tom cavendish...a troll?

Nobody could seriously claim that 10 players who are obviously going to leave is a "prediction" and then try and act as if the club listens to his every word and will be on him soon.

[quote user="BWs Cat "]Tom cavendish...a troll?

Nobody could seriously claim that 10 players who are obviously going to leave is a "prediction" and then try and act as if the club listens to his every word and will be on him soon.[/quote]Someone from the club might have thought that the info had been leaked as they made the announcement just a couple of hours later, but it was

just my prediction and not based upon any inside info.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Just to add... if anyone from the club is reading this, I had no inside info about this, it was just a prediction. The club then announced it a few hours later.
[/quote]

Martin agreed to join Derby weeks ago which has been well documented and Tierney going to Bolton has been on the radar all day. Jackson is out of contract as is Camp so those two are no brainers. Anyone taking off their yellow and green tinted specs would have known that Korey Smith,Tom Adeyemi and George Francombe were nothing more than promising youngsters who came through the youth ranks which of course is good to see but they will only carve out careers in lower League football and are the unfortunate casualties of our continuing rise in Premier league status.

Sorry to inform you Mr.Caventosh but your ''predictions'' are not that clever or informative but if you can remove your head from your own backside for a moment and tell us the numbers for tomorrow nights Euromillions then i will take you seriously but until then you are making yourself look a fool.

But not an anagram of "Nostradamus" or "Peppercorn rent".

I can only imagine it was that other poster''s correct 4-0 West Brom prediction that has wakened Tom from his slumbers.

I look forward to playing University Challenge in the ensuing thread: one point scored for every mention of the phrases "Showground", "Council", "leaseback" and "parking". Bonus point for "the Bristol example".

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Sorry to inform you Mr.Caventosh but your ''predictions'' are not that clever or informative

[/quote]I keep getting it right.