Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 40

To Malaysia:ATM to win at home against Negeri Sembilan.ATM in second with a so-so 5-1-2 and 13/4 home record. Negeri Sembilan bottom with a 0-2-6 and 5/11 away record. It doesn''t shout "home win" as much as some others, which may explain why the current odds are a reasonable 1/3. And if ATM, which is the armed forces team, isn''t winning it can always stage a coup d''état and declare a victory.[;)]Good luck to all!

Brilliant job thank you Ginger Pele. Puts my tired old efforts to shame! And thanks all for your kind words and support all season long. We''ve had a great season which I''ll report on after the weekends results. Doing this really is always a pleasure and never a chore!

If it''s not too late Dave my pick is in Austria where Austria Vienna (W10 D3 L3 F35 A14 at home) take on Wiener Neustadt (W2 D3 L11 F12 A36 away)

Austria Vienna               v               Wiener Neustadt               Home Win.

Good luck Dave and all you PUPs.

You did give me the easiest week to add some extras, final week of the season and after the FA Youth cup final win!

Anyway thank you, and thank you to everyone else for your kind words. Really am proud to have been given this responsibility this week by Nutty.

Fingers crossed for CTID!!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]When do my 6 have to in?[/quote]I think I''m right in saying anytime tonight or early tommorrow morning Dave.

Hello everyone, and sorry for the lateness - just got back from a very sunny Ibiza!

With lots still to play for at the top of the table, it seems hard to pick one of the champion league spot games.

Chelsea would like to finish third but face a tough visit from an Everton side who will want to win their last game for Moyes.

Arsenal play Newcastle who are obviously now safe

And Tottenham, who have a history of bottling it, have an arguably easier task at home to Sunderland.

Just going to pick the team I feel most likely to come through with three points, and that will be Arsenal - away win.

Thank you CTID. These look really good and with a great potential return. I think we have every chance of ending the season with another win. I''ve placed the bet with Bet365 and if successful the winnings would be £47.51. Here are the details : -

Dortmund

2/5

2:30 Sat

NYC, GrahamH, Greg, Meth

PSG

1/7

8:00 Sat

Mandie, Mister, Leeds, Swindon, CTID

FC Utrecht

13/20

3:30 Sun

Lapp

Barcelona

2/7

5:00 Sun

MKat, Bump

Benfica

8/13

6:30 Sun

Tilly, Beaus, Cosmic

AC Milan

1/5

7:45 Sun

Chelle

As Statto would say here''s hoping for a PUPs win and a City win. Good luck everyone[Y]

That''s a good return for those teams :-)

Thnx again for the opportunity NN

I Think i can speak for all Pups when saying "A massive pat on the back NN for keeping this going season after season"

Fingers crossed now let the footballing gods smile on us this weekend.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Thank you CTID. These look really good and with a great potential return. I think we have every chance of ending the season with another win. I''ve placed the bet with Bet365 and if successful the winnings would be £47.51. Here are the details : -

Dortmund

2/5

2:30 Sat

NYC, GrahamH, Greg, Meth

PSG

1/7

8:00 Sat

Mandie, Mister, Leeds, Swindon, CTID

FC Utrecht

13/20

3:30 Sun

Lapp

Barcelona

2/7

5:00 Sun

MKat, Bump

Benfica

1/6

6:30 Sun

Tilly, Beaus, Cosmic

AC Milan

1/5

7:45 Sun

Chelle

As Statto would say here''s hoping for a PUPs win and a City win. Good luck everyone[Y]

[/quote]

Tilly just pointed out to me that I had the wrong odds for Benfica. They were 1/6. This was a typo from me and not the odds on the bet so have no fears the potential return IS £47.51. : -

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
Borussia Dortmund @ 2/5
AC Milan @ 1/5
Benfica @ 1/6
FC Utrecht @ 13/20
PSG @ 1/7
Barcelona @ 2/7
6 Folds, 1  bet * £10.00
17/05/2013 22:48:2110.000.00
Total for this period  10.000.00

Once again the first game lets us down. Dortmund took an early lead but then conceded two late goals to lose 1-2. Unlucky CTID.

I can confirm that after todays results we have a new name on our PUPs league trophy...

Congratulations to Tilly[<:o)]

I''ll be back tomorrow with all the stats from what has been a hugely successful Rays Funds season!

Hard luck everyone this weekend, we''ll have to stop picking early games at this rate!

Many congrats to Til!

And well done everyone for all the funds raised this season

Here''s our final league table showing those who got at least 50% correct from at least half the available weeks. The top 40 are the Fab40 who will make the final selections next season.

Til 1010374093%
Mr. Bump364090%
Jed Exodus343987%
Mister Chops333887%
Norfolkbroadslim323786%
Cosmic Twin344085%
Yankee Canary344085%
Sports Desk Pete172085%
Beauseant333985%
Statto313882%
Hissing Sid324080%
gregt283580%
Swindon243080%
Scooby303879%
Hughesy293778%
Mandie Moo''s Mear Kat 283678%
Newyorkcanary314078%
Norfolkchance1314078%
PurpleCanary 314078%
Trent Canary162176%
Jellytot192576%
Excited Canary222976%
Fonejacker283776%
Mandie Moo263672%
nutty nigel283972%
City-Til-I-Die273871%
Boyo121771%
Diesel Doris284070%
GMF284070%
Meth Canary233370%
Brendo162370%
Snake-eyes152268%
Graham Humphrey263967%
Lappinitup263967%
Bore Bore Bor223367%
Newcastle Uni Canary223367%
NCFCStar253866%
Kathy264065%
NWC223465%
1st Wazzock254063%
Leedscanary183158%
Vindo234058%
Twidio112055%
Chelle213954%
Ginger Pele214053%

Congratulations to Tilly once again and also 13 PUPs on 80% or more is impressive. It''s been a great season for us and the quality of selections has been better than ever. I honestly think this team of PUPs is our best ever. Thanks to all your efforts we have won £381.91 this season which we will present to the academy when they start playing again next season. Nine winning weeks is terrific! That''s nearly one in every four attempts. Here are the details : -

Win week 4 (Scooby)18.68
Win week 5 (Mandy)53.85
Win week 9 (Mr Bump)39.77
Win week 10 (Kathy)30.9
Win week 12 (Tilly)60.84
Win week 21 (Wazzy)37.51
Win week 28 (Leeds)35.15
Win week 34 (Norfolkchance1)67.57
Win week 35 (NewYorkCanary)37.64
Total Wins 2012/13381.91

We have no funds to carry over into next season so I will be back on here during the summer asking for the £10 commitments needed to keep these threads going. There could also be more good news when Kathy returns from the storms and announces the Canary Challenge results. But for now I''d like to thank you all for making this so easy for me to administrate. Have a great summer and see you next season.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Looks like Tilly already made his acceptance speech...

About your acceptance speech..........[/quote]

Tilly already called me 28 times last night to see if I''d heard. [:S]

I''m expecting similar tonight asking if I''ve seen the thread! [|-)]

But still......

Well done Tilly and hard luck Mr Bump.

But most of all....Thank you Nutty Nigel. [Y]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Looks like Tilly already made his acceptance speech...

About your acceptance speech..........[/quote]

Tilly already called me 28 times last night to see if I''d heard. [:S]

I''m expecting similar tonight asking if I''ve seen the thread! [|-)]

But still......

Well done Tilly and hard luck Mr Bump.

But most of all....Thank you Nutty Nigel. [Y]

[/quote]

Agreed!

Thanks for running this thread every week NN, it''s one of the best things about this message board.Congratulations TIL1010, and well done PUPs for some good picking all round.