Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 40

Greets PUPs and welcome to week 40, last of our Rays Funds for the Academy season. This week we have City-Til-I-Die in charge. Dave has been in good form this season, as of last week he had a 72% win ratio with 26 in 36, a regular PUP this season and for many a year and has been very valuable to the team! Last week NUC was very unlucky in his selections, he went in bold and brave and unfortunately on this occasion it didn''t work out. But in our final week this season we all need to get behind Dave and provide him with some corkers to choose from and hopefully end the season on a high. And as always, make sure your selection is played on Saturday/Sunday/Monday and available on the Bet365 website.

As you can see I''m not Nutty Nigel, he''ll be back to place the bet on Friday, but left me in charge of starting the thread this week. Of course the big news this week, on the off chance you haven''t already heard/didn''t watch the game, our Under 18 youth side won the FA Cup Youth Final over two legs, a stunning 4-2 win on aggregate after a 3-2 victory at the bridge. An impressive victory, made even better when you look at the last few winners of the cup, and the fact Chelsea have players from all around the world in their academy. I heard around 3000 supporters travelled to London to support the boys and that is fantastic. And all the PUPs on here, past and present should feel extremely proud to have contributed to the success, however small that contribution may seem, this wonderful thread started all those years ago by the late Arrdee, and continued by Nutty Nigel. Both these gents deserve our thanks and respect as do all PUPs for being part of this wonderful achievement. Now we haven''t seen an updated table yet, but I believe Til has taken a clear leads after Mr Bump''s pick last week was unsuccessful, so big pressure at the top this week as we''ll find out who win the league. I''m sure theres a possibility of change at the bottom of the top 40 as well, so many sure you get your picks in and fight for your place on the table while helping City-Till-I-Die.

And just to add a personal thanks from me to Nutty Nigel for all his hard work, and to all the PUPs and I hope we see you all next season!

Now over to City-Till-I-Die. No pressure, we''re all in this together and will do our best to help you get that final six down and your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame.

We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs..…Take it away Dave ... the Rays Funds Thread is yours....... ...

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary,2, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010 yes Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the Academy,so far.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Ahh one job and I mess it up :P

Should of course say week 40 in the title, ops.[/quote]You haven''t messed it up GP, you''ve done very well. I remember you as a young lad when you first joined up on this board and I sent you a link to a spell-checker when others were giving you grief. You''ve come on in leaps and bounds since then and are now a highly respected member of this board. I know how nutty holds you in such high regard as do we all so well done. [Y]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Ahh one job and I mess it up :P Should of course say week 40 in the title, ops.[/quote]

You haven''t messed it up GP, you''ve done very well. I remember you as a young lad when you first joined up on this board and I sent you a link to a spell-checker when others were giving you grief. You''ve come on in leaps and bounds since then and are now a highly respected member of this board. I know how nutty holds you in such high regard as do we all so well done. [Y]
[/quote]

Lapp, I would go as far as saying he is on the very edge of the inner circle. [;)]

Cheers GP great intro btw :-)

Last chance to add some funds this season.

With a cracking weekend for all involved with NCFC with Prem status next season and the youth lads doing us all proud against the mighty chelski

Its a pleasure and honour to have a crack at the weeks picks

Lets get as many in possible please pups i will need all the help I can get :-). OTBC.

Thanks Lapps! Very much appreciated. And thanks Pete for changing the title in the OP!

And Broadslim NN is away for a few days, left Sunday, said he''d be back to place the bet on Friday!

Anyway, i''ve got my pick. Not a very adventurous one this week i''m afraid. Staying in the PL, and QPR to end their season on a miserable note and get thrashed away to Liverpool who seem to be playing better football without Suarez!

Liverpool vs QPR- Home win!

Good luck :)

Nice intro GP!

Good Luck CTID and all PUPs for the final week of what has been another enjoyable and fruitful one for us all.

Many thanks as always must go to Nutty for the amount of time he puts into this keeping Ray''s fantastic idea going.

Brentford v Yeovil - Home Win

Nice intro GP. I''m sure we all echo your thoughts about Arrdee, Nutty and the fantastic success of the Youth Team.

And so, to finish the season, something a little different and a trip to the MLS for me

Houston Dynamo (4-1-1 9-4 home) v New England Revolution (1-2-2 2-5 away)

Best of luck CTID, and all you PUPs

Premier League for me. Spurs to beat Sunderland.good luck

Lovely intro GP, well done. I was an extremely proud "pupette" as I stood at the shed end on Monday night watching those brilliant boys win the FA Youth Cup!! Think there was a tear in the eye once or twice as I thought about the lovely Arrdee who would have had the biggest smile ever seen up there!! A great weekend and an even greater Monday. Anyway for my last pick of the season I''m off to Austria and:

FC Red Bull Salzburg  -v-  FC Wacker Innsbruck ( Love it!! [;)]HOME WIN

Good Luck CTID and all you Lovely PUPs[Y] and a big big thank you to NN for keeping this wonderful thread going. Hope you all have a lovely summer[ap][ip]

Good evening to you GP,very good luck to you CTID and to all you other lovely PUPs out there.

Off to the land of the sardine catchers and a HOME WIN please for BENFICA v Moreirense.

Great intro GP, and I echo the sentiments other posters have already mentioned.  This has been my first season on Rays funds, and I''ve thoroughly enjoyed being a part of it.   

I''m sticking with the Premiership this week, and I was going with Liverpool to beat the miserable Hoops at home - I think that''s already been picked, so in the interests of attempting to widen the choice, I will instead plump for West Brom v Man Utd AWAY win.  Hopefully the Baggies will stay on the road to Ineptville that they have been travelling recently, and there''ll be no doubt that Man Utd will want to send off their manager with a win.

Good luck all, especially CTID.

Dutch Eredivisie on Sunday where FC Utrecht entertain Heerenveenin in the 2nd leg of the UEFA Europa League Play-offs'' where they are tied at 0-0 after the first leg. FC Utrecht (11-3-3-27-12) won their last four league games whilst Heerenveenin (3-6-8-21-33) lost their last three.FC Utrecht v Heerenveenin.......Home win. Good luck Dave. [Y]ps Yankee...I think being a PUP automatically qualifies for the inner circle too...pps Doris...Just as well Jimmy Bone didn''t play for your ''Wacker'' club back in the day. [;)]

Evening all and Good Luck to everyone for the final time this season!!

MMMK - BARCELONA -v- Valladolid HOME WIN

MM - PSG -v- Brest HOME WIN

Have a great Summer everyone and hope to see some of you if we have a get together.

Well done GP.Right then.This week, I''m for a bit of this....PARIS SG to beat Brest.  And yes, I''ll feel a right tit if it doesn''t come in.Paris SG 12-4-2 at home, +22 GD.  Brest are 3-2-13 away, -19 GD.Good luck PUPs, and see you all next season.

GP - you''ve done a fine job mate, well done!

Now then big Dave how about I go with PSG to win against Brest too!

Good luck mate, I think you''ll crack it this week!

Leedscanary

I''m going for a home win for Benfica too. They must be smarting after last night!

Good luck Dave and all the Pups!

Well done for a great intro GP!Last pick of the seasonn (sniff) and I will bravely go for second-from-top Borussia Dortmund to beat second-from-bottom Hoffenheim at home in the German league.Good luck CTID and all PUPs, and I look forward to August for another nine months of misery, depression and failure - or is that just my Saturday nights out...?

Liverpool vs QPR - Home win. Good luck one and all