Sign in to follow this  
canarycat

Apologies Due

"Should Wigan have sacked Martinez anytime over the last couple of years, and was Man City right to sack Mancini for finishing second in the Prem?"

Should they have sacked him? I don''t really see why. He was keeping them in the league, which would have been his main target every year. Other boards might have lost their bottle/patience and given someone else a try, but I''d guess that Whelan understood the limitations he was working under and didn''t see the need to get rid.

Mancini...I can kind of see why he''s gone. I don''t like the impatience that clubs seem to have, but it wasn''t just finishing 2nd in the league. It was probably more to do with his disastrous champions league campaign. If the board don''t see him as capable of fulfilling their main aims then it''s no surprise he''s gone.

6 teams sacked their managers during the season - Chelsea, QPR, Southampton, Reading, Aston Villa and Man City.Chelsea got loads more points than us, obviously. Southampton got 1 more point (that being their renaissance and our bad spell). The others, QPR, Reading, Villa and Man City all obviously did worse.

[quote user="Bill Car"]That''s interesting, where can you get these stats from?[/quote]

Believe it or not Bill from the respective club''s official website.

Is that a hint of sarcasm I detect there Till?!

To be fair, after a hard day’s work and I’m sitting down with a bottle of wine or a can of wife beater I was wondering if someone knew of a site that had all this information in one place? instead of having to check all the respective clubs sites individually?

If you can''t tell the difference between wine and stella you won''t find your way around any site Billy Boy[B][D]

Start with stork and butter and work your way up buddy[;)]

Thanks, it depends on how many I’ve had!

I’ve always found stalks intriguing, probably the closet you can get too eating a swan without committing treason!