Sign in to follow this  
canarycat

Apologies Due

morty: The point being Mr Foghorn, as much as you may not like it, Mr Hughton knows 42 million* times more about football than you do.

-------------------------------

Not a very good point though is it. Glenn Roeder knows 42 million* times more about football than you and he still did a crap job here. Worthington did a decent job here for a few years before he lost the plot.

The moment the teamsheet was out for the Stoke game, it was quite clear we were going to lose in dismal style.

The only answer I have for you Mr Foghorn, is you''re a whiney knob. And if you own a season ticket please give it to someone else.

You confirmed the above fact by even trying to compare Hughtons Norwich City record to the two previous managers you mentioned.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]nutty nigel: Yeah but Hughton''s tactics got 44 points from 38 games. That''s 2 less than the master tactician Laudrup. -------------------------------------------- Laudrup won them a cup. And lets be fair to Swansea, they have been on the beach since making 40 points. But why would we want Laudrup anyway. Our manager is currently successful.[/quote]

Laudrup and Swanselona have been the stick CUSDP has used to beat Hughton with. In the end it was a fine margin. That is if you discount that "on the beach" bollox.

You say that nutty, but what let a lot of people like you down is saying we would''ve been found out playing like we did last year.

The truth is the same arguments are just going round and round.

Everybody no matter what side they are on all have this "told you so " feeling.

The pant wetters in the way that "they knew we could play like we did v WBA & man city."

The "keep the faithers" are saying "knew we wouldn''t go down."

Can''t we all just agree, move on and discuss er.....hang on.

I''m struggling.......

Who has the prettiest wag?! I saw falcao''s today. Never seen nothing like it.

Google her.

[quote user="morty"]The only answer I have for you Mr Foghorn, is you''re a whiney knob. [/quote]Thanks mortymark.  [quote user="morty"]You confirmed the above fact by even trying to compare Hughtons Norwich City record to the two previous managers you mentioned.[/quote]Well, I wasn''t comparing them. But if you do want to compare, Roeder took a side at the foot of the Championship to safety, before losing the dressing room during a dismal second season.  With a tiny budget Nigel Worthington took us to a play-off final and promotion to the Premiership.Worthy certainly ranks higher than Chris Hughton at the current time in our manager hall of fame.Of course talking about the man who alienated both squad and fans, it is you who likes to quote Glenn Roeder''s famous put down.

My whole point about Swansea was continuity. They continue to play attacking football and fared alright.

European football next year after losing 5 first teamers last yr. caulker Allen Sigurdsson Sinclair taylor.

Wouldn''t you rather have had there season?

Now, go google falcao''s mrs. I''m offshore again imminently. See you all on the other side

Remind me how Worthington''s one season in the Premiership went again?

I quote it for a reason, you and everyone else here are just a fan with opinion, a lot would do well to remember that. Playing Fifa on the X-box doesn''t actually mean your opinion is valid or interesting.

There are more than a few here who genuinely consider they actually know what they are talking about. I cringe thinking about any of the players reading some of the rubbish spouted here.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]You say that nutty, but what let a lot of people like you down is saying we would''ve been found out playing like we did last year. The truth is the same arguments are just going round and round. Everybody no matter what side they are on all have this "told you so " feeling. The pant wetters in the way that "they knew we could play like we did v WBA & man city." The "keep the faithers" are saying "knew we wouldn''t go down." Can''t we all just agree, move on and discuss er.....hang on. I''m struggling....... Who has the prettiest wag?! I saw falcao''s today. Never seen nothing like it. Google her.[/quote]

The people aren''t like me because I have never said that buddy.

The truth is under Hughton we got 44 points from 38 games. Swanselona and Laudrup got 46 from 38 games. Both sides picked up more points in the first half of the season and both sides had good and bad runs throughout the season winning games they weren''t expected to and not winning games they were expected to. That''s football and how football seasons pan out.

[quote user="morty"]Remind me how Worthington''s one season in the Premiership went again? I quote it for a reason, you and everyone else here are just a fan with opinion, a lot would do well to remember that. Playing Fifa on the X-box doesn''t actually mean your opinion is valid or interesting. There are more than a few here who genuinely consider they actually know what they are talking about. I cringe thinking about any of the players reading some of the rubbish spouted here.[/quote]

Not as badly as people like to point out.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]nutty nigel: Yeah but Hughton''s tactics got 44 points from 38 games. That''s 2 less than the master tactician Laudrup. -------------------------------------------- Laudrup won them a cup. And lets be fair to Swansea, they have been on the beach since making 40 points. But why would we want Laudrup anyway. Our manager is currently successful.[/quote]

Laudrup and Swanselona have been the stick CUSDP has used to beat Hughton with. In the end it was a fine margin. That is if you discount that "on the beach" bollox.

[/quote]What bollox is there about the results of teams with nothing to play for.  This year Fulham, Swansea, WBA and Man City''s results all went down the can as soon as their seasons were effectively over.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

What bollox is there about the results of teams with nothing to play for.  This year Fulham, Swansea, WBA and Man City''s results all went down the can as soon as their seasons were effectively over.
[/quote]

Well then surely we were on the beach last Sunday. Either that or Hughton managed to keep his players focussed where lesser managers lost control of theirs[:#]

[quote user="morty"]Remind me how Worthington''s one season in the Premiership went again?

I quote it for a reason, you and everyone else here are just a fan with opinion, a lot would do well to remember that. Playing Fifa on the X-box doesn''t actually mean your opinion is valid or interesting.

There are more than a few here who genuinely consider they actually know what they are talking about. I cringe thinking about any of the players reading some of the rubbish spouted here.[/quote]You really are a complete ar$e.  Of course we are just fans with an opinion. It is a message board.  If you don''t like reading other fans opinions why stay if all you do is troll?  Yes some rubbish is spouted, but also many good points, both in favour and critical of managers board and players.In hindsight, the Worthy KTFers, and our previous board do not come out well at all. Did Worthy take over a side already with a 12th place finish behind them, and spend a further 12 million on the squad. No he didn''t.  He took a side faltering in the Championship to the brink of promotion through the play offs.  Two years later, on a shoestring, he won the Championship.The Hoot took a side finishing 12th, spent a ton of money on good players and has kept us up finishing 11th, albeit not as comfortably as last season.  The jury is still out, a repeat of 2 wins in 19 at the start of next season and Hoot will be out of the door and Worthy will rightly be regarded as a greater manager at NCFC.

Well then surely we were on the beach last Sunday. Either that or Hughton managed to keep his players focussed where lesser managers lost control of theirs[:#]

[/quote]

Did Man City have a manager? [:#] 

But I agree, it really looked like we went out to enjoy ourselves after the last few months tribulations.  Do I think we would have achieved the same result under different circumstances?  It doesn''t matter.  You can only beat the team in front of you! [H]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Did Man City have a manager? [:#] 

But I agree, it really looked like we went out to enjoy ourselves after the last few months tribulations.  Do I think we would have achieved the same result under different circumstances?  It doesn''t matter.  You can only beat the team in front of you! [H]

[/quote]

Indeed but the game itself wasn''t too different from the game at CR just after Christmas. The result could have been the same if Ruddy had been in goal that day too.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Did Worthy take over a side already with a 12th place finish behind them, and spend a further 12 million on the squad. No he didn''t.  He took a side faltering in the Championship to the brink of promotion through the play offs.  Two years later, on a shoestring, he won the Championship.The Hoot took a side finishing 12th, spent a ton of money on good players and has kept us up finishing 11th, albeit not as comfortably as last season.  The jury is still out, a repeat of 2 wins in 19 at the start of next season and Hoot will be out of the door and Worthy will rightly be regarded as a greater manager at NCFC.[/quote]Now I''ve read it all. 12th is now more comfortable than 11th? It''s a 38 game season, my pedigree chum, and it''s your position at the end of all 38 games that matters. Did Worthington ever achieve premier league survival, let alone 11th place?Oh, and how much is "a ton of money"? By my reckoning we spent about £12m or so on around 7 players. Newly promoted Southampton spent in the region of £30m, including £12m on a striker that mustered 5 goals all season. God knows what recently relegated QPR spent if you include January.We hardly spent a "ton" of money, did we?

[quote user="QHcanary"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Did Worthy take over a side already with a 12th place finish behind them, and spend a further 12 million on the squad. No he didn''t.  He took a side faltering in the Championship to the brink of promotion through the play offs.  Two years later, on a shoestring, he won the Championship.The Hoot took a side finishing 12th, spent a ton of money on good players and has kept us up finishing 11th, albeit not as comfortably as last season.  The jury is still out, a repeat of 2 wins in 19 at the start of next season and Hoot will be out of the door and Worthy will rightly be regarded as a greater manager at NCFC.[/quote]Now I''ve read it all. 12th is now more comfortable than 11th? It''s a 38 game season, my pedigree chum, and it''s your position at the end of all 38 games that matters. Did Worthington ever achieve premier league survival, let alone 11th place?Oh, and how much is "a ton of money"? By my reckoning we spent about £12m or so on around 7 players. Newly promoted Southampton spent in the region of £30m, including £12m on a striker that mustered 5 goals all season. God knows what recently relegated QPR spent if you include January.We hardly spent a "ton" of money, did we?[/quote]Comfortable because we were pretty much home and dry after the win against Wolves with 8 games to play.   Clearly that is more comfortable than a ''must win'' last home game of the season.As for the survival in this division. based on where Worthy started YES, he achieved far more in his tenure as manager than Hughton has in this single season.As for ton of money,  if you want to talk net spends... Norwich sit 12th in the spending league. Yes we spent a ton of money.

Anyone with half a brain must surely be able to at least shed some of their anti Hughton bias now.

Maybe just a leetle bit?

Or clearly not.

[quote user="morty"]

Anyone with half a brain must surely be able to at least shed some of their anti Hughton bias now.

Maybe just a leetle bit? 

Or clearly not.

[/quote]Clean slate for me, he did a great job keeping us up, and signs good players.  Roll on next season. [8-|]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="QHcanary"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Did Worthy take over a side already with a 12th place finish behind them, and spend a further 12 million on the squad. No he didn''t.  He took a side faltering in the Championship to the brink of promotion through the play offs.  Two years later, on a shoestring, he won the Championship.The Hoot took a side finishing 12th, spent a ton of money on good players and has kept us up finishing 11th, albeit not as comfortably as last season.  The jury is still out, a repeat of 2 wins in 19 at the start of next season and Hoot will be out of the door and Worthy will rightly be regarded as a greater manager at NCFC.[/quote]Now I''ve read it all. 12th is now more comfortable than 11th? It''s a 38 game season, my pedigree chum, and it''s your position at the end of all 38 games that matters. Did Worthington ever achieve premier league survival, let alone 11th place?Oh, and how much is "a ton of money"? By my reckoning we spent about £12m or so on around 7 players. Newly promoted Southampton spent in the region of £30m, including £12m on a striker that mustered 5 goals all season. God knows what recently relegated QPR spent if you include January.We hardly spent a "ton" of money, did we?[/quote]Comfortable because we were pretty much home and dry after the win against Wolves with 8 games to play.   Clearly that is more comfortable than a ''must win'' last home game of the season.As for the survival in this division. based on where Worthy started YES, he achieved far more in his tenure as manager than Hughton has in this single season.As for ton of money,  if you want to talk net spends... Norwich sit 12th in the spending league. Yes we spent a ton of money.[/quote]£9m net spend. Look at some of the clubs below us in the league table and then look at where they appear in that net spend list. Are you stuck in the 80s? We''ve spent very, very little and that''s before we even consider wages. Some of the clubs appearing below us in the net spend only do so because they sold on some overpriced tat (Dembele aside) or failed to invest adequately. 2 of those sides play championship football next year. We punched well above out weight compared to out financial clout.

And now CH is already investing BIG with RVW and in the opinion of the Spanish and Portugal media,he is a massive potential signing...The guy knew straight away where our problem lied last year,though I thought it was wrong to ship out Wardy and especially AYALAL! As they were showing quality,but in Bassong and GARRIDO CH proved me wrong..now his shrewdness in the market can be and has already been backed by a bigger budget.. In CH I TRUST :)

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

As for ton of money,  if you want to talk net spends... Norwich sit 12th in the spending league. Yes we spent a ton of money.
[/quote]

No, lets not talk about NET spends, lets talk about ACTUAL spends - which should give a more accurate figure (especially as neither CH nor NW had any multi million pound players to sell!)

Actual Spend - £ 9,548,000.

Only 4 teams spent less:

WBA - £4,400,000 (lowest spend in the PL)

Fulham - £8,800,000

Wigan - £9,270,800 (£277,200 less than we spent)

Reading - £9,521,600 (£26,400 less than we spent)

So I would hardly say CH spent "a ton" of money - he spent £5m more than the lowest amount spent, and less than £1m more than the next 3 teams combined!

Given the way that our previous manager "dropped us in it" when he left and the circumstances under which CH arrived at this club, I would say that by not only keeping this club in the PL but also improving our position and squad, that he has achieved more than NW.

We finished 11th (better than last year) in a League where, it was widely recognized by the footballing world, was stronger than last season.

Just because Man City didn''t have a manager, didn''t mean the players were running around like headless chickens.

I will make no apology, but was very happy to be proved wrong. The fact still remains that had we not have beaten WBA, we would have been in trouble. I don''t think anyone can argue wih that.

I never once called for Hughton''s head, but did question is methods and tactics. I very much want him to continue as our manager and am already looking forward to next season

[quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]As for ton of money,  if you want to talk net spends... Norwich sit 12th in the spending league. Yes we spent a ton of money.[/quote]

No, lets not talk about NET spends, lets talk about ACTUAL spends - which should give a more accurate figure (especially as neither CH nor NW had any multi million pound players to sell!)

Actual Spend - £ 9,548,000.

Only 4 teams spent less:

WBA - £4,400,000 (lowest spend in the PL)

Fulham - £8,800,000

Wigan - £9,270,800 (£277,200 less than we spent)

Reading - £9,521,600 (£26,400 less than we spent)

So I would hardly say CH spent "a ton" of money - he spent £5m more than the lowest amount spent, and less than £1m more than the next 3 teams combined!

Given the way that our previous manager "dropped us in it" when he left and the circumstances under which CH arrived at this club, I would say that by not only keeping this club in the PL but also improving our position and squad, that he has achieved more than NW.

[/quote]Net spend is far more important.   Hughton was lucky none of his players were poached in the summer.  Swansea lost their best players and have grown since.  And lets be clear, Hughton has had a budget of at least 16 million this season as the RvW signing has proven.As for his record compared to NW... Hughton could easily be sacked by Christmas.  He has not achieved anything like what Worthy did.  There is nothing he has achieved which compares to our promotion season and play-off season.  Worthington is a worthy legend at the club for good reason. Hughton could easily surpass this, but not on this season''s performance by any stretch,  He took a side finishing 12th and has taken them to 11th during a dismal season of negative football.

Yeah but Hughton''s tactics got 44 points from 38 games. That''s 2 less than the master tactician Laudrup.

[/quote]

That would be the chap who CUSDP praised for his evolution at Swansea as opposed to the revolution carried out by Hughton. Remember as well Nutty that those 44 points are 3 more than the messiah achieved at Villa. [;)]

[quote user="canarycat"]To all of those who unfairly critisised and villified our manager, our centre forward, & our attacking midfielder perhaps you now have the decency to admit you were wrong? we have finished 11th in the most competative premier league in the world on very limited resources and the club is now in a fantastic postition to move forward. Have the decency to stand up and apologise for some of the histrionic drivel that hes been posted over the past few weeks on this forum. Get behind your team, support them and enjoy what has been a fantastic success story with more to come.[/quote]Is it wrong to question a manager when they''ve won 1 match in 17 and got knocked out of a cup competition by a side 4 four leagues below them?Is it wrong to be concerned when your team fails to beat the side in 17th in the league and have the team 8th and 2nd to play respectively at the end of the season to potentially stay up (you couldn''t guarantee Wigan would be shit)?Is it wrong to question a striker who has scored 5 goals all season and gets booked for petulant hacks on opposition players on the half way line?I can assure you if we were 11th all season and had gained safety in mid-April they wouldn''t have "vilified" (i.e. questioned his judgement and ability) Mr. Hughton. Likewise if Howson was doing what he did against WBA every week he''d be our star player. Unfortunately you can''t get by on one good game a season. Key word for next season is consistency.Alas next year if we''re 10 games into the season and haven''t won a game rooted to the bottom of the table I''ll question him again. If we''re top and unbeaten after 10 games I''ll delightfully declare him the second coming. As will the board I''m sure.

Perhaps Canarycat wasn''t talking about people who were concerned though. Perhaps Canarycat was talking about those who unfairly criticised and vilified our manager, our centre forward, & our attacking midfielder. Do you think that''s possible Holtcantshoot? And that could have been a valid criticism don''t you think?

It never fails to make me grin when I read posts that say "oh but we only beat WBA and Man City because they were on the beach" YET in the very same sentence gives credit to other teams that go out and beat "teams on the beach".

It seems, to some people, that Hughton simply cannot win. I guess he just isnt the "messiah"- who by the way finished BELOW Norwich despite spending a lot more money!

Why when we''re talking about the "poor run of form" do we never take into account that for certain refereeing decisions we would have been more comfortable?!Still not forgiven that **** Richard West... He couldnt even see it FFS!

[quote user="Yellow Bird"]I will make no apology, but was very happy to be proved wrong. The fact still remains that had we not have beaten WBA, we would have been in trouble. I don''t think anyone can argue wih that. I never once called for Hughton''s head, but did question is methods and tactics. I very much want him to continue as our manager and am already looking forward to next season[/quote]

Absolutely, without doubt, 100% correct, indubitably, unquestionably, etc etc your statements would have been true if our overall points tally was less than 36 points - but by that stage, it wasn''t! The season is defined over 38 games and we had already amassed the required points total BEFORE the WBA game. It was peoples perception that we were in trouble - not reality

You are correct Holtcanshoot, its not wrong.

It is, however, fickle and whiney, if Hughton had been here 3 seasons he would likely have been sacked. It was his first season here, the sensible person would use that information to view the whole thing with perspective.

Can I take it, like me, you are the sort of person that would laugh at a football club sacking a manager after a short time in charge, and mock the idiocy of such decisions?