Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Marc Tierney off to Bolton

Shame really. I guess football isn''t like FM in that if it was, perhaps an ''offer him out to clubs'' could have been done last summer and we''d have had a couple of million to play with.

Still, we signed him for a bag of crisps didn''t we?

Was instrumental in our championship success and first half of last season was a standout performer til the injury. I rate javi better but take nothing away from Tierney, he always gave 100 % and should leave with our best wishes. Seemed like a great bloke to have in the dressing room too.

Would be a good move for him, you''d think.

Not really up to Premier League level and I always thought his performances for us in the Prem were a bit overrated.

Jimmy Smith wrote the following post at 20/05/2013 12:39 PM:

Shame really. I guess football isn''t like FM in that if it was, perhaps an ''offer him out to clubs'' could have been done last summer and we''d have had a couple of million to play with.

No, football isn''t like FM. For a start transfer fees are more realistic. .......... £2M?

Good luck Marc. A terrific fullback for us and great character. Until his injury last season there was talk of POS if form continued. Loved his overlapping and his somersaults. Most certainly not overrated. I think he will do a good job for Bolton.

Really disappointed about the Tierney thing. Thought he was arguably our best player in the first half of last season, if not then definitely in the top 3. Seemed to give an 8 out of 10 performance every week and looked like he had adjusted to the Premiership superbly. Then came the injury and he''s never had a look-in since.

Gather he was poor in the league cup and one of many who were poor against Fulham, but look at how Turner recovered given time and a run of games. Never really saw him have a bad game and thought he had lots to offer.

Clearly offended CH somehow though, and this was always going to happen. Found myself asking what had to happen to see him play, seeing as he had Garrido, Martin, Whittaker and I think Bennett once preferred to him.

If we could have gotten the player from last season back, I would say this would be a big loss. Hope he does well in the championship

If he''d been a contracted player, i don''t see why £2m would have been unrealistic. Proven Championship winner.

Sad to see him leave Chris *** Hughton really starting to destroy this club from within. Sad sad day, never want to see a club legend leave

Are you for real? as much I liked Tierney he certainly is not prem standard if he was he would be playing week in week out.I think maybe you should support the manager after all we finished higher than last season.....what more did you want the prem title?

[quote user="Divs crew"]

Sad to see him leave Chris *** Hughton really starting to destroy this club from within.

Sad sad day, never want to see a club legend leave

Are you for real? as much I liked Tierney he certainly is not prem standard if he was he would be playing week in week out.I think maybe you should support the manager after all we finished higher than last season.....what more did you want the prem title?

[/quote]

No, no he/she is not.

Fantastic in the champ, and a few decent performances in our first prem season but then injury hampered his chances here. Garrido is a quality signing, and with him now a permanent fixture here, you just cannot see Tierney getting a look in, seemingly behind both Garrido and Whittaker in the picking order.

Wherever he goes I wish him luck. He only played 39 games for us, but he was still part of the squad that got us where we are today. All the best Marc

Thought he did really well in the first part of last season. Can only wonder how it would''ve panned out had he not got injured.After the way he collapsed like he''d been shot he''s probably relieved that the player who '' head butted '' him, Ivan Klasnic, is now plying his trade in the Bundesliga !!Good luck at Bolton.

Yes, a top player for us in the Champ and looked like he''d made the step up to the Prem, but was never the same after the injury.  I think he was caught out for the first two goals against Fulham and CH was never willing to let him have another go really.

Dont get the CH destroying our club and Marc Tierney legend response to be honest, whats that about? BUT, enjoyed watching Tierney he put in some good shifts for us. However, unfortunately not good enough for a place this season obviously, and will certainly not get a squad place next season, so its time to move on with thanks.......suggest we all get used to saying goodbye to some of our previous "legends" as CH systematically dismantles our club!  

Rentaprick Canary is fed up because he has been found out, hence he is lashing out at everything and everyone.  Players come and players go,  we are upgrading and getting better cover for all positions in the team.  Left back is one of those areas.  Good luck to Marc Tierney,  a key member of the team until his injury and hopefully will benefit from a fresh challenge elsewhere.   

Have always liked Tierney, good character and enjoyed watching him play, it really is a measure of our success that we can now let players like him go without worrying about who will replace him. I''m sure he will be very successful at Bolton.

A quick mention for THOSE backflips!

"Sad to see him leave Chris *** Hughton really starting to destroy this club from within.

Sad sad day, never want to see a club legend leave"

Whatever

My experiance of Iceland was they get totally rat ar@ed at the weekend , maybe this is part of the hangover !!

[quote user="Reykjavik Canary"]Sad to see him leave Chris wanker Hughton really starting to destroy this club from within. Sad sad day, never want to see a club legend leave.[/quote]

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/dingy1010/media/troll_spray.jpg.html][IMG]http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv72/dingy1010/troll_spray.jpg[/IMG][/URL]