Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

RIP Ben, you legend

Got told the very sad news last night that Ben Parkin (aka only one mark rivers, sing up the south stand) passed away at the age of 25, he suffered from a rare condition called duchenne muscular dystrophy.

Ben had long been a supporter for the muscular dystrophy campaign and also played in goal for NCFC power chair football team.

I only met him on a few occasions but it was obvious to me he was so passionate about helping others out in the same situation as him, he loved NCFC and would do anything to help his club

I always said I would set up a football tournament for him so we could raise money for his charity and also raise awareness this is something i never got round to doing but this summer I will certainly be doing in Ben''s memory.

A top bloke who will be sorely missed, my thoughts go to his family and friends at this time

Rip Ben

Always used to see him around school wearing his Norwich shirt with pride. Sad day, and condolences to his family and close friends. RIP Ben

Ben was a big part of the official site message board when it was going (I didn''t realise he was on here :(  ). I always found him to be a really keen and knowledgeable supporter who done his best to not let his disability affect how he lived his life, and how he supported his team.RIP Ben.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]RIP Ben Parkin you achieved a lot in your short life
[/quote]

I am finding it very hard to come to terms with this, As my 10yr old Grandson has the same disease, I tried to organise a concert at Carrow road this time last year, Ben sold some tickets for me and unfortunately the Concert had to be called due to the lack of Interest, seems to be the story of my life really, But I get to thinking what the hell have I done so wrong in life to have 3 grandsons with life threatening illness''s, I would just like to point out to people that feel so hard done by that their are people in more need and never show or ask for it. REST IN PEACE BEN.   

I didn''t know Ben but after reading the article and other''s comments here I would echo their sentiments:

RIP Ben, my thoughts are with his family & friends.

Very sorry to here that news. Deepest sympathy to all friends and family.

Rest in peace, Ben.An absolutely lovely lad for whom nothing was too much trouble and always a friend for those in need.For you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZOW8ZuLG2o

Very sad news.

Like Jez I only met Ben a few times (I also got to know him through posting on the official Club messageboard) but I''d echo the sentiment about him being very passionate about everything to do with music and football. He was a genuinely nice bloke.

RIP Ben. Best wishes to all his family and friends.

I never knew Ben, but I saw a couple of posts on here from time to time and I can echo everyone''s sentiments.

RIP Ben

Never met the lad but from what i have now read on here and in the EEN was obviously a top chap. RIP Ben.

I too remember him from the official message board where he was always passionate, friendly and well-informed.  This was back in the dark days when we had so much more to moan about than negative tactics from Hughton.   But as far as I recall Ben was someone who was always reasonable and considerate and unlike many didn''t make his criticism personal.

I think he was nominated for fan of the season once - I''m sure he came on at a final home game one year, possibly the League One Season, but lost out on that occasion.   I think the winner had been around for many years longer and I thought then "Your day will come".

So sad to hear that it won''t and many commiserations to his family who must rightly be very proud of him. 

He was a lovely lad. I met him a couple of years ago through my friend who plays for the Norwich City Power Chair Football team with him. He loved his football, and was a very kind and funny guy! I made a friend in him, and he''ll be greatly missed

Sad news, RIP Ben, and sympathy to family and friends.