Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Ipswich 'friendly'?

It''s not that McCarthy will encourage them to challenge hard. But what''s a good way for a new Ipswich player to endear himself to his supporters and get a rousing reception, put in a heavy challenge on our players. A friendly between us and them is just degrading to the fixture. I can''t believe that a friendly that neither set of fans want can go ahead. The fact that they talk about charity and donations is because they know it''s not right, as if a donation makes it acceptable.

Well 69 per cent of people on the poll, the replies to mcnally on Twitter, the opinions on here would suggest that at least 1 set of fans don''t want it, I can''t see why Ipswich would want it either.

The idea has ''money-making exercise'' written all over it and is amateurish thinking in the extreme. You cannot have a ''friendly'' match with your most-hated rivals and expect it not to cause problems either on the pitch or off it and probably both.Should''nt think the police would be too happy with the idea either.

If it is at FCR, I don''t know of many Prem teams who would play a mid table Championship team at home in a pre season game. Normally Prem teams would play those sort of fixtures away. If so, why on earth should we put money in their pockets? (Actually, on second thoughts, we could take our tenners with us I suppose)

Heart says yes yes yes !  ....Wave some tenners, give them another hiding, you cant beat an old farm derby.

Head says no no no ! ...Injuries damaging the season ahead, risk losing the bragging rights we have been enjoying for months.

I''m leaning towards a No vote , but if tickets did go on sale.... I would go and relish every minute of it!

I have read some posts mentioning the Hospital Cup.

Does anyone know why isn''t this played anymore, and who are the current holders?

No thank you, we have a pre season tour in the us, probably some Norfolk based teams with squad player teams and I hope some European teams come to carrow road. It gives us a chance to play against opposition with a premier league style or certainly top top players.

I usually go to see new players and then world class players. I do not want to see the boys from down the road, I worry that the intensity, summer heat could mean a less friendly game. Injuries can happen anytime but a derby n preseason is a game where I would worry for our players.

Yes it is a money spinner, but I think when Ajax etc come we get good attendances. I am sure policing etc would be a worry for preseason.

So it is a big no from me.i want to see two European teams at carrow road who play in their domestic top leagues.

Not a chance, t would be like having a friendly Ashes game against the Aussies ! What on earth can we seek to gain from this, if it is a serious suggestion it really shows a disappointing lack of understanding.

[quote user="Ketts Rebel"]

I have read some posts mentioning the Hospital Cup.

Does anyone know why isn''t this played anymore, and who are the current holders?

[/quote]

Because there aren''t any spare beds.

errr, my ''friend'' has this problem ....etc

go on own up, you have been grubbing about on the binsite(folk do worse)

I think this is something Norwich need to be seen to be doing.....it''s called ''Care in the Community''......

I would have thought more on the lines of Bin Aid

[quote user="he likes paella "]I will have a nice bet with you Til it will be on - call it a £20 bet for a charity of others choice ;-)[/quote]

You are on.

If you guys are looking for a charity for your bet, perhaps go for the muscular dystrophy campaign, for that guy who sadly died the other day.

From 1P5WICHTWTD understands that the proposed pre-season friendly between Town and Norwich City at Carrow Road will not now take place.

We understand that the game, which had been

pencilled in for Sunday 28th July, has been scuppered by safety concerns

and the potential cost.

TWTD revealed that the clubs were in discussions regarding the game late last month with Canaries chief executive David McNally confirming that the match was under consideration in a tweet last week.