Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Ipswich 'friendly'?

I think that was what many in the South Stand were thinking when the binners were last up

[quote user="he likes paella "]As any decent gentlenman would say - good luck![/quote]which charity are you donating your £20 to? and to confirm you have done it please copy and paste the charities thank you email on here.

Once it is confirmed I will have no problem donating to the Charlie''s Angels fund which the evening news started for little Charlie Ryan a 5 year old boy with terminal neuroblastoma (was a mascot vs Swansea)

I have donated to his cause already and will be a privilege to donate another £20

on the basis of the news today I am happily donating £20 to the Charlie Ryan UK Fund.

If anyone wants to read about his illness see below:

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/health/we_will_treasure_each_day_norwich_family_appeals_to_help_give_five_year_old_son_lasting_memories_1_1985535

[quote user="he likes paella "]on the basis of the news today I am happily donating £20 to the Charlie Ryan UK Fund.[/quote]

That''s a nice gesture paella. Perhaps your generosity could extend to the binners as their plight becomes more obvious by the day........

"Mick McCarthy’s side will travel to West Sussex on Wednesday, July 10th in what will be their first warm-up match on home soil.

Confirmed pre-season games so far are as follows:

July 6- Shelbourne (A), Tolka Park Stadium, 5pm

July 10- Crawley (A), Broadfield Stadium, 7.45pm

July 13- Chippenham (A), Hardenhuish Park, KO TBC

July 20- Barnet (A), The Hive, 3pm

July 23- Colchester (A), Weston Homes Community Stadium, 7.45pm"

Hardly a mouth-watering line up after their world tour of Ireland. No wonder they were so keen to play us.

I think the paupers are lining up games that reflect their aspirations/limitations. Though thankfully for them there is to be an East Anglian derby, albeit at the level that now befits their status as they are now closer to Colchester in the way of attendances and income, and I suspect league position. Unfortunately for our not too bright neighbours, many still cling to the belief that these things are cyclical. That at some point we will blow our money and implode and they, with one bound, will leap free of their eye watering debt and  build a squad capable of winning promotion.However looking at both clubs shows there never has been such a massive gap between the two clubs and their prospects as exists now . A gap is that is steadily growing, as both clubs head in opposite directions at a rapid pace..... as in -City will be looking at around £100m next season, whereas the paupers will see their income falling again to something below £12mA packed out Carrow Road with queues to get in or a half full poorman road half with attendances falling year on year.Debts cleared at one end of the A140, against an n horrendous £90m - £100m owed at the other end !Colney is seeing massive expenditure with the youths recently picking up the FA youth cup - whilst the paupers have had their training ground handed over to meet Evans interest charges.But the true measure is the mindset of each club, for that is what the above facts and figures reflect. They haven''t happened in isolation. City have a highly professional and determined set up, geared to success. The paupers are struggling under the weight of Evans trying to screw every last penny out of them with the day to day running in the hands of two company yes men who haven''t a clue about football administration.On the 23rd July City will be in the states flying from California to play in Oregon whilst our impoverished neighbours will be heading the few mile down the A12 to play at Cuckoo Farm.

oh dear, poor old binners