Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Ipswich 'friendly'?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Jim"]Sorry if a repeat, but just perusing other message boards and noticed a current discussion on TWTD about a possible city v ipswich friendly this summer at Carrow Road being lined up. Some1 reckons macnally has mentioned it?? Portaloo pitch has been dug up so no home games until new season for them. They are already playing col u I think. No idea if true. Thoughts?[/quote]

Makes sense. What do you reckon they''re gonna grow on it? The soil should be rich after all that sh......

[/quote]

I may be wrong but I thought ours was also being dug up, because there was a feeling it hadn''t lasted as well as in previous seasons. And the Ipswich Town pitch was always one of the best - one of the many things that club has been able to boast about compared to us over the years.[;)][:P][:D]

[/quote]

One of the many things Purple? Are you about to give us a history lesson? All I see now is debt and statues..

[/quote]

But we are still in debt and we have no statues to boast of. So Ipswich ahead of us again...[;)]

[/quote]

You have to spoil everything don''t you! They also have a proper rich investor to get them to the promised land whilst all we have is a drunken cook and her cohorts....

It''s just not fair[:''(]

[/quote]

We all have our roles on this message-board, nutty! Mine is to be the spectre[6] at the feast[<:o)].

curious (or not) how the paupers reacted to the news that this ''binvestor'' had made off with their training ground

had it been announced that Delia had transferred Colney to some subsidiary of her own company there would have been uproar whereas in the land of the eternal dim there was nothing ..... bar a few murmurs of ''master knows best''perhaps in their infinite stupidity they still imagine that the training ground still belongs to their hapless clubdimwits indeed

I am surprised a thread with the word Ipswich in the title has not been the subjest to this afternoon''s thread cull and moved to other football.[:(]

The Championship season starts 2 weeks before ours, so if we did play them it would be at least 3 weeks before the start of our season.

We''ll be at 1/4 pace at best, in a game that is actually meaningless. I''d much rather play them in a more meaningful game when it actually matters and when we are closer to 100%. Or more to the point, when they finally get their act together and join us in this league (as if!).

A wide berth for this friendly from me thank you very much!

This game must not go ahead. I don''t see why we should let them come to our place and play us for a friendly. It won''t be a friendly. There will be red cards/fouls/scrapping and probably violence and vandalism around the ground and in Norwich.

Surely the club wont pay for extra police costs just for a friendly?

Just shows how big the gap between the two clubs now is. Our friends south of the border are getting really excited at the prospect of playing what will likely be a city reserve squad. I would let them get a real feel of  what its like in the big league, charge them £50 a ticket. Can''t see a lot of interest from city fans for the game so high prices won''t bother us.

Don''t let those s(ummers have the privilege of playing us, unless they somehow earn it by getting us in the cup or promotion.

Please no.

Can''t we turn it into some cruel hoax and not actually turn up at CR, maybe forget to tell them we are in USA on a premiership tour. Put a big fence around the stadium and play the laughing policeman on loop through the gates at them.

Thick as pig sh!+ the lot of them, total scum

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Heated rumour on twitter that a Norwich vs Ipswich friendly has been booked for 28th July?!?!!?!
[/quote]

??? This would seem an odd choice of date?......the squad are due to fly back from the US after nearly a fortnight on Friday 26th, getting back at some stage on the Saturday.....anyone whos ever been to the West Coast of the US will know that the jet-lag will have the players'' body clocks all the place for a match the following day?.....i suppose the blue filth might see it a some kind of ''leveller''? 

Someone on Twitter (seems to work for the Ambulance service) claiming the game is on his rota for Sunday 28th July

https://twitter.com/pjdrummerman/status/340189646367641600

"Can you imagine the glory of beating the scum with our reserve squad? Would be fantastic "

And can you imagine if they beat us comfortably because we field a weak team? Or if they break RVW''s legs?

Really not looking forward to this if true.

So many reasons why this would be a bad idea, not least because it cheapens the rivalry. It''s a derby not a friendly.

Hopefully just a rumour and nothing too it.

The squad are only returning from the States on July 26th so I can''t imagine too many of them would be ready for a game on the 28th....it would be our reserves at best, against the binners in their final preseason game (League starts on Aug 3). I really can''t see the point.

No way I can throw my support to this.

Everyone I''ve spoken to seems to be against it. I won''t be paying to attend.

Can in no way be a friendly, we have far more to "lose" than they do as even if it is branded as a friendly. The bragging rights of the 5-1 4-1 we still own and this would just detract from that should we lose. Lets hope we get them in the cup when it would really mean something.Not for me I am afraid... 

So many factors as to why this is a bad idea. Derbies are supposed to be strong passionate occasions and organising a friendly just makes the rivalry look weak. And they will probably beat us seeing as they have a two/three week fitness advantage and it will wipe away a lot of gloss over the 9-2, all because of a meaningless friendly. It would also make all of us majorly depressed going into the season before we''ve even kicked a ball.

I have to say u are all being very selfish it will be a great day out for our bin dipping friends to play a big big premier league club we have to realise that playing the likes of Dereham gorleston Ipswich is just part of being a big fish in a small pond

We usually play one or two local teams from lower divisions in pre-season, generally fielding a team that is a mix of a few first team and lesser squad members and youngsters ...... so why not Ipswich.......they are local and lower league and fit the bill nicely. I guess that those who are oppossed to this match have a fear of losing to a lower league local team. That said, it would be the ideal last friendly for a full strength eleven before the league season kicks off, rather than an early game in the pre season schedule immediately after the return from the USA........regardless why not, lets do it!     

Sorry Mark,imo, its a bad idea all round, that outft is berift of morals and behaviour, they would take great delight in messing up our season and injury''s to our key players would make their year.

Plus there''s the added expence of fumigation after they bugger off home to their council tip!

I cannot see how this would benefit the club in any shape or form.At

that stage the squad needs to be playing games that will help them get

''up to speed'' for the forthcoming season - not engaging in ''charity

games'' to help basket case clubs. And given the parlous state of their

finances lord alone knows the quality of players City would be playing

against. As it stands, most likely a collection of lower league and

third rate Scottish ''freebies'' cobbled together with the remaining

assortment of earlier cast offs.This is also the cost involved

in policing a game like this, whereby the rustics will no doubt froth

themselves up into a lather of stupidity and see this game as somekind

of ''cup final'' , where the championship of East Anglia is at stake. Does

the city and the ground really need the hassle of having hundreds of

embittered, drunken, dimwits wandering around giving it large innit,

geezer ?I doubt Stoke feel any need to play Port Vale, likewise

Newcastle to play Darlington or either Merseyside club to play Tranmere.

Our club has moved on and fans need to as well.Send them a few

autographed shirt, balls etc so they can auction them off to raise

funds, but let us concentrate on next season. Each to their own, is what I say.