Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Ipswich 'friendly'?

Sorry if a repeat, but just perusing other message boards and noticed a current discussion on TWTD about a possible city v ipswich friendly this summer at Carrow Road being lined up. Some1 reckons macnally has mentioned it??

Portaloo pitch has been dug up so no home games until new season for them. They are already playing col u I think.

No idea if true. Thoughts?

Not us.Suffolk Herald - "Ipswich to embark on tour of Norfolk before next season.   Difficult away friendlies have been arranged at   Long Stratton,   Norwich United, Wroxham FC  finishing in the far north at Wells-Next-Sea FC." -  that''s if their tractors can make it that far.  

Doubt the Police would allow it.

Perhaps they''re trying out Colchester''s ground for size, it''s a little more appropriate to their attendances. A ground share might be good for both of them.

I''d love it. just because we beat them 5-1 last time we played, and our squad has improved an insane amount since.

can you just imagine, RVWs first game, scores 6 past the scum.

Pre season games are all about reaching fitness levels/targets and not so much the opposition or the result which makes me wonder what playing the Scum would actually achieve.Potentially more trouble than it would be worth.

"Sorry if a repeat"

hmmmm, the word Ipswich as the title of the thread already up might have been a clue

I''d rather not give Ipswich a chance to nobble some of our players before the season starts, TBH.Pre-season friendlies are a chance to gain some match fitness. Not get lumps kicked out of you by your bitter local rivals.

Am split. I agree about not wanting to see RVW and Bassong etc get hacked to pieces however I do think pre season games often lack tempo. Playing ipswich would bring possibly closest we could get to a league match as neither would want to lose plus good competitive atmosphere.

[quote user="Jim"]Sorry if a repeat, but just perusing other message boards and noticed a current discussion on TWTD about a possible city v ipswich friendly this summer at Carrow Road being lined up. Some1 reckons macnally has mentioned it?? Portaloo pitch has been dug up so no home games until new season for them. They are already playing col u I think. No idea if true. Thoughts?[/quote]

Makes sense. What do you reckon they''re gonna grow on it? The soil should be rich after all that sh......

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Jim"]Sorry if a repeat, but just perusing other message boards and noticed a current discussion on TWTD about a possible city v ipswich friendly this summer at Carrow Road being lined up. Some1 reckons macnally has mentioned it?? Portaloo pitch has been dug up so no home games until new season for them. They are already playing col u I think. No idea if true. Thoughts?[/quote]

Makes sense. What do you reckon they''re gonna grow on it? The soil should be rich after all that sh......

[/quote]

Rice would do well. [:P]

IMAG0139

Dear God please no. It is no advantage for us let alone the above stated injury risks.

Let them play some Essex minor teams at least they all speak cockanese

Would undermine the rivalry in my opinion. I mean you wouldn''t see the Sheffield, North East, South Coast clubs organising a friendly with each other

I would love it, its going to be a whiole before we face each other in the league so would be good to give them a spanking in pre-season!

[quote user="YellowBlood"]Would undermine the rivalry in my opinion. I mean you wouldn''t see the Sheffield, North East, South Coast clubs organising a friendly with each other[/quote]

It has been done many times in the past, as we use to play for the "Hospital Cup"... hasn''t affected the rivalry in anyway!!! 

Plans are in place for this to go ahead dependant on police approval!

Whether the police agree is another matter although don''t the club have to pay for the policing of games so I would expect an agreement to be made?

OTBC

police dont want the game played  but it will go ahead as both clubs do.gonna be called "the friendly cup", yeah right.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Dear God please no. It is no advantage for us let alone the above stated injury risks. Let them play some Essex minor teams at least they all speak cockanese[/quote]

Ah ha . Mr Dear Bury.

I have strayed onto the board this evening after my sojurn to the Etihad. I must confess to having to trawl through page after page of drivel , but I have alighted on this one and saw your name. I must say that there is more chance of us meeting, by chance, tomorrow evening in the Centre Spot restaurant with our respectives, and ordering the Newcastle Brown in memory of  Bobby Robson , than us having anything other than a Charity match or Under 12''s game agianst the Binners . No chance Jose.

I now think I know who you are GPB. Don''t you sit in the Upper Barclay and come from Bury St Eds?

What a Hoot(s) if we met up in the Centre Spot (Formally the celebrated chicken run). Your wear a yellow rose. I can be easily recognised I will be the one with my knuckles dragging on the ground and mumbling something about Nutty

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I may be wrong but I thought ours was also being dug up, because there was a feeling it hadn''t lasted as well as in previous seasons. And the Ipswich Town pitch was always one of the best - one of the many things that club has been able to boast about compared to us over the years.[;)][:P][:D]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I may be wrong but I thought ours was also being dug up, because there was a feeling it hadn''t lasted as well as in previous seasons. And the Ipswich Town pitch was always one of the best - one of the many things that club has been able to boast about compared to us over the years.[;)][:P][:D]

[/quote]

One of the many things Purple? Are you about to give us a history lesson? All I see now is debt and statues..

[quote user="daisy"]police dont want the game played  but it will go ahead as both clubs do.gonna be called "the friendly cup", yeah right.[/quote]

no it isn''t

and we already play for the friendly cup against Sunderland over the 2 league game.. we are current holders.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

One of the many things Purple? Are you about to give us a history lesson? All I see now is debt and statues..

[/quote]

But we are still in debt and we have no statues to boast of. So Ipswich ahead of us again...[;)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But we are still in debt and we have no statues to boast of. So Ipswich ahead of us again...[;)]

[/quote]

You have to spoil everything don''t you! They also have a proper rich investor to get them to the promised land whilst all we have is a drunken cook and her cohorts....

It''s just not fair[:''(]

"They also have a proper rich investor"the correct term young master nutty is ''binvestor'' ...........pronounced ass et strip er