Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Top European attackers we should sign....

1. Phillipp Hosiner https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philipp_HosinerAge: 24 Price: £3mClub: Austrian WienRecord: 31 goals in just 33 games! (Must Buy)2. Jonathan Soriano https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_SorianoAge: 27Price: £2.5mClub: Red Bull SalzburgRecord: 26 goals in 30 games3. Carlos Bacca https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_BaccaAge: 26Price: £5.3mClub: Club BruggeRecord: 24 goals in 34 games4. Maxime Lestienne (Left wing) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxime_LestienneAge: 20Price: £2.6mClub: Club BruggeRecord: 17 goals in 37 games 5. Andreas Cornelius https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_CorneliusAge: 20Price: £5mClub: F.C CopenhagenRecord: 18 goals in 32 games6. Alfreð Finnbogason https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfre%C3%B0_Finnbogason#SC_HeerenveenAge: 24Price: £5mClub: S.C HeerenveenRecord: 24 goals in 31 games

3 and 4 seem the only ones that would be possibily worth the punt because they''re in a somewhat decent league.

danish and austrian leagues for the rest... how does that come across as "top european"?

With RVW, Holt and Becchio fighting for the lone striker role it would surprise me if we got another forward in. We have bigger fish to fry and money will be spent on the supply line.

Agreed

Can''t see another striker being a priority for Hughton

A much more powerful mid field is what we really need.

Finally someone who recognizes Alfreð.

You can add to that before he was at Heerenveen he was at Helsingborgs, banging in goals in the Swedish Allsvenskan.

In fact he finished last season in Allsvenskan as 7th top scorer and Helsingborgs top scorer while playing about half the season.

Still might think he''d stay put at Heerenveen and wait for a bigger opportunity. He might be playing in the Europa League next season and he''s occasionally linked with clubs like AC Milan and

But he''s a cracking goalscorer and I think he''s definitely above Ricky van Wolfswinkel in ability. Hee also has a much easier name to say.

Well for me that danish fellow Andreas Cornelius seems most interesthing. 193cm tall prospect only age of 20. Could be worth of bid for long term replacement for Holt. Even if he wouldnt get much game time this year there is big possibility that he will only become better and better in few next years and as we already signed Wolfie as mainstriker I could easily see player like him comming in next transfer window for a new "Kamara".

Lestienne is fun to watch, but I think we should aim a bit higher when we are looking for a winger. He could be player for future and depth, if Hughton sees Pilkington as our main LW for next season too and wants to strenghten other areas with more proven players.

Havent seen any of Hosiner''s games and only seen Soriano play in Barcelona B, but by looking their stats and videos, just cant see either of them in Norwich as they look like "good championship" striker. A bit too slow and a bit too small for premier league. But you never know,

Same goes for Alfreð Finnbogason and I have seen him play handful of games. Has eye for goal and decent shot, but nothing you could not find from championship and if we look players like him we should try to get someone that gives us homegrown status.

Carlos Bacca could be something worth of few millions, but still quite doubtful his trickyness would do same damage in Premier league than in Jupiler league.

Few interesting names there from previous season''s in form players :) doubt anyone would find their way in our team, but it is always fun to "play scout" and think could these players fit our team or not.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]With RVW, Holt and Becchio fighting for the lone striker role it would surprise me if we got another forward in. We have bigger fish to fry and money will be spent on the supply line.[/quote]

I think we would want 4 strikers - 3 leaves little cover for injuries/suspension. Also, not convinced Becchio is good enough and Holt is 32. Definitely need at least one more out and out striker. Whether this is Vaughan or we go back for Hooper or indeed an entirely different option then who knows.

However, I agree on the supply line angle. Could see us signing a "No.10" to compete with Wes and probably another wide player - Redmond or Townsend would be great.

@Lavanche

Andreas Cornelius has been touted with a move to Arsenal recently. He''s scored about the same goals as Aron Jóhannsson at AGF before he moved to AZ Alkmaar.

And AGF is a much weaker club than FC Köben, so to score the equal amounts of goals there is very good. The difference is probably similar as if FC Köben is Fulham then AGF is Charlton.

Alfreð Finnbogason. You just haven''t seen enough of him then. He isn''t wowing no one with scissor bicicle kicks. If you find me a championship player you seriously believe is as good as him then please tell me.

The top scorer in the championship is Glenn Murray. The best striker there is Matej Vydra, but he isn''t going to Norwich. He''s going somewhere bigger. David Nugent has scored 15 goals in the Championship, to be fair, the Championship is pretty wack in quality.

A couple of "ifs" but if he is back to full fitness and if Man City are willing to sell or loan him, John Guidetti?And a name from the January transfer window - Ilombe Mboyo of Gent - who said (reliably or not) that we had made an offer for him.

For me difference between Johansson and Cornelius is their size. Big fellow with lot of muscle already can normaly fit better in a league like Premier where there is not much space keep ball at least for mid and lower table teams. With that age and talent he could easily be new Benteke in few years. Or then he would be a big flop ^^ anyway big young guys with good scoring record and some talent already have slightly lesser risk than small fellow with equal stats and even better talent rate.

With Finnbogason you could be right. We all look players with some kind of classes on and what someone likes other dislikes. I personaly like profilic players and as a allrounder Finnbogason could stay out of my radar.

For me he is just one of those strikers who is good running behind opponents lines, but who isnt exactly fast. I at least dont rememer him making his own goals by dribbling nor with wall passes. Our team just dont pass that much behind the line and in Premier league there normaly isnt that much room behind it anyway where to run or pass if you dont have speed to run away with a ball from half way of the field.

But from championship I would rate Charlie Austin and Jordan Rhodes for example higher with similar atributes than Finnbogason and wouldnt want to see them either in Norwich. I agree that championship isnt really that good league and Eredivisie has more quality, but championship is more similar league with premiers league and if we look for poacher type players that doesnt really have much over their clinical finishing I think we should look first for championship.

I can be utterly wrong in this case and watched his games another eye closed and he is new Berbatov who just makes goals out of nothing without moving his legs too much ^^

Purple -

isn''t Ilombe Mboyo the one who went to jail for the participation in the gang rape of a 14 year old?

I it was some time ago, and he was 16 at the time(and served time since,) but I''m not sure if people would be able to look beyond that. not sure if I could either.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

A couple of "ifs" but if he is back to full fitness and if Man City are willing to sell or loan him, John Guidetti?And a name from the January transfer window - Ilombe Mboyo of Gent - who said (reliably or not) that we had made an offer for him.

[/quote]
I was just thinking of Mboyo again, and without trying to spark up the debate again I''d still sign him.

[quote user="Javier''s Deaf Translator"]Purple -

isn''t Ilombe Mboyo the one who went to jail for the participation in the gang rape of a 14 year old?

I it was some time ago, and he was 16 at the time(and served time since,) but I''m not sure if people would be able to look beyond that. not sure if I could either.
.... it says you''ve been here since 2012, but obviously not because otherwise you''d remember the uproar in january over this guy. I''ll try and dredge the thread up from the depths at all if you''re interested.

We need to bring in another forward, three is not enough...

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="Javier''s Deaf Translator"]Purple -

.... it says you''ve been here since 2012, but obviously not because otherwise you''d remember the uproar in january over this guy. I''ll try and dredge the thread up from the depths at all if you''re interested.

[/quote]

That is he. I remember the thread, and participated in it.

@Lavanche

You can check the last strikers Swansea have signed.

Danny Graham top scorer in the Championship. Not good enough for the Premier League ever.

Next signing they make:

Michu. Player in red hot form for a club our size in the La Liga. Clearly much better talent in leagues around us than in the Championship.

But also I could me not factoring in the style of play Swansea and us play. Can''t say we play anything über preetty under Hughton, while Swansea like to pass it around. But generally players who are chipping goals in the highest leagues tend to do the same in Bundesliga or Serie A as in the Premier League.

The question is however is Eredivise a league like that. Because there is a huge gulf between the top clubs and bottom clubs there. Ajax, PSV e.t.c. would all be top Premier division clubs while we have clubs like Heerenveen who would at best be as good as Celtic.

[quote user="SYG"]We need to bring in another forward, three is not enough...[/quote]

Don''t we have four in RVW, Becchio, Jackson and Holt? We play a system with one up front so four is plenty

You really think Jackson will be here next season?

So that makes three...

[quote user="Reykjavik Canary"]@Lavanche

You can check the last strikers Swansea have signed.

Danny Graham top scorer in the Championship. Not good enough for the Premier League ever.

Next signing they make:

Michu. Player in red hot form for a club our size in the La Liga. Clearly much better talent in leagues around us than in the Championship.

But also I could me not factoring in the style of play Swansea and us play. Can''t say we play anything über preetty under Hughton, while Swansea like to pass it around. But generally players who are chipping goals in the highest leagues tend to do the same in Bundesliga or Serie A as in the Premier League.

The question is however is Eredivise a league like that. Because there is a huge gulf between the top clubs and bottom clubs there. Ajax, PSV e.t.c. would all be top Premier division clubs while we have clubs like Heerenveen who would at best be as good as Celtic.[/quote]For every Mitchu there''s a Marco Boogers

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]For every Mitchu there''s a Marco Boogers[/quote]

Marco Boogers is 46 years old according to wikipeda. Don''t think we''re gonna sign a 46 year old player.

[quote user="Reykjavik Canary"][quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]For every Mitchu there''s a Marco Boogers[/quote]

Marco Boogers is 46 years old according to wikipeda. Don''t think we''re gonna sign a 46 year old player.[/quote]

I was referring to his time at West Ham where they thought they were signing a top European striker and it turned into a complete disaster. Just because a player scores loads of goals in a European league is not a guarantee of quality.

[quote user="SYG"]You really think Jackson will be here next season?

So that makes three...[/quote]

We do need four forwards, at the moment we have 5, it''s obviously important to get the best strikers in that we can, but having secured RVW the next priority for me is some top class attacking mid field players.

[quote user="SYG"]You really think Jackson will be here next season?[/quote]I fervently hope not!Jackson has a good attitude and work rate, but his talent is Champ level at very best, League 1 on a normal day, and we simply need better than that available if we are looking to change a game or cover injuries etc...

Jesus, this season has proved our strikers are not. Good enough, I don''t care about the system if you are a good striker you can make a goal out of nothing, be in the fit place. The amount of times you would see the ball just out of reach of holty was too many.

If rvw was injured we would battling premiership relegation next season.

Thank god rvw said said two wingers/ forwards and an attacking midfielder will join. We need mother striker of a very good quality to compete with rvw or even join him, because I do think we will play a more 442 at times.

Jackson, I really hope goes for the sake of his career. Not good enough and had one good month in 3 seasons, quite happy to see him leave. Vaughan who knows but not a second striker... Becchio fine for a number 3 and holt well personally I would sell look to move on, bassong has been our talisman this year not holty. Time for a new chapter and. Rvw and quality signings are coming iN. not former tyre fitters.

If we cansellhim on great we will have a lot of wages to put on a younger man and that is fine with me, the changing room dynamics are going to change, we are going to have invidividual brilliance (finally). Team ethic has been superb but now we can have game winners. But we do need to cater for our injuries and suspensions.

Our strike force

Rvw

Becchio

Holt? Vaughan?

If we sold Vaughan and holty there would be added £££ to spend so I could see two forwards coming in. But I do see the wingers that rvw mentioned being a sort of Kalou style forward. One that runs through a team more directly on goal. So I could see rvw, becchio and another forward coming in with then these very forward thinking wide men.

A totally exciting transfer window where former tyre fitters and squad players realise to expand their playing days they will need to look elsewhere. It is not a revolution as each season under lambert we have brought 6-7 starters in.

We need to do the same. Last season we had 1 clean sheet, this season Hughton brought in a new defensive unit and clean sheets were common place.

This season are attackers failed, if he can bring in rvw and similar style players then our attack is going to score. My worry is with injuries we will be left with the group that struggled so much this season. But hopefully we will bring in enough new talent that injuries will not need us to see the same team sheets we have seen at the end of the season in an attacking formation.

Smooth, if you want 4 strikers, there is absolutely no chance whatsoever that Holt will be going. We can''t afford to bring in two strikers plus the midfielders that we undoubtedly require. I don''t necessarily think we have seen that Holt isn''t good enough. I think we''ve just seen him struggle to convert poor quality delivery and fewer chances than last year. Get in those midfield positions discussed above and he can be a perfectly able back up option.

I personally think that another striker will happen only if one comes along cheap and available and after we''ve got two wingers and a creative/box to box midfielder in.

The problem here is that no one knows what CH plans to do next season. If he wants to play 4-4-1-1 again is he looking for a better option than Wes? Someone with a bit more pace and guile who can create space for himself around the box to actually get a shot off? For all his trickery Wes is often marked so closely that his only option is to release the ball sideways or backwards.

If we are looking for a new "number 10" then I would suggest that with five players vying for the "number 9" (RVW, Holt, Becchio, Jackson and Vaughan) then something has to give.

Joanna Grey wrote the following post at 18/05/2013 10:05 AM:

The problem here is that no one knows what CH plans to do next season. If he wants to play 4-4-1-1 again is he looking for a better option than Wes? Someone with a bit more pace and guile who can create space for himself around the box to actually get a shot off? For all his trickery Wes is often marked so closely that his only option is to release the ball sideways or backwards.

If we are looking for a new "number 10" then I would suggest that with five players vying for the "number 9" (RVW, Holt, Becchio, Jackson and Vaughan) then something has to give.

I would be surprised if we play 4-4-1-1 on anything like a regular basis. I believe we played that way this season through necessity.

If, and when, we play two up front we will need at least another one if not more strikers.

Jackson will move as, for all his good attitude and memories, he is a League One/Championship striker and, unfortunately, not good enough.

Doubts remain over Vaughan as to whether he wants to be here so he may be sold on (but for nowhere near £4 - £5M as suggested earlier) that would leave us with RvW, Holt and Becchio and the latter two may also go as Becchio has not figured much and Holt may want a move nearer home, who knows?

If any case we will be getting more strikers in, coupled with improving our midfield ........ and the summer could be very interesting.