Sign in to follow this  
Captain Obvious

Norwich United

I was just thinking, no one ever hears a great deal about our Ridgeons League league team, i was thinking, if by some miracle of god Norwich United managed to get promoted to a league that gets some national coverage - how long would it take? and, if they got promoted to the same division as us - would they be our new local derby? hmmmmm....

Steve,If you are the Stephen Miller I think you are, I''m sure we had this conversation about 2 years ago, and relised it would take a while before this could happen.Anyway, you should be supporting Cheltenham now!!!

I''ve been playing Football Manager 2005 pretty much since it came out as Norwich United (I edited it by putting them in the conference league south) I''m now in the 2009/2010 season and Norwich united are 2nd in League One.

Norwich are still in the premiership although they are the new Southampton, practically every season they''ve come 4th from bottom and mostly on the last day of the season, a position they are currently occupying. They''ve gone through about four managers all of whom were terrible, they even offered the job to me (I suppose because I have my favourite club listed as Norwich) an offer I found hard to turn down.

Fittingly Ipswich sold all their best players before one season and now they occupy 15th in League One, after I beat them 4-0 at Home.

Only players I can think of that are particularly well known that I have is Zoltan Gera (fantastic) Rohan Rickets, Mikele Leighetwood (not entirely sure how to spell that, think its close enough) and a Mr John Sutton who is as much of a legend for me as his brother was really. I also have a player called Stephen O''Donnell who came from Hibs (I think) if he is half the player in real life as he is in the game we need to buy him.

I can''t see it happening! The whole club structure would have to chance so dramatically to accommodate full time football! Maybe we could give them our reserve players to help them on their way. That would be an awesome local derby?
It would be good to play them in a pre season friendly!!