Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Hm........

The Daily Telegraph today publishes in its sports section a Premiership table which would result  on matches played in 2013. We know that our good run was before Christmas, and that recently we have done less well. It seems that we are not the worst, only nearly so:

Team

Played

Won

Drawn

Lost

For

Against

GD

Aston Villa

QPR

West Ham

Swansea

Wigan

West Brom

Norwich

Reading

Sunderland

Stoke City

I would comment only that every other team except Stoke has won more matches, and they with Reading are the only team to have worsened their GD more than us.                                                                                                                                                                                                 

More positively, of the teams in the bottom half of the Premiership since January, i.e. those in the table, we have to play Reading (H), Stoke (A),

Villa (H) and WBA (H). That is, on current form form of our six games four will be against these lower teams, with three of them at home. I can''t see us beating Villa, but we must be in for points against the other three. It''s all in our own hands.                                                                         

I''m sure someone on here will be able to find a league table where we are actually in the bottom three...

I think we knew as much already OP.

Stoke''s form is staggeringly bad, I hadn''t realised that. They must now be favourites for the drop, followed closely by Sunderland. 

P.S. You gave us an extra point.