Sign in to follow this  
pete

Hughton's Dilemma

At the start of the season CH gave Grant Holt his 3 year contract on the understanding Holt could reproduce the form of the previous season. Spent most of the budget available shoring up the defence which was necessary. Holt has let him down badly but needed to fit in with new system which became glaringly obvious in the first few games.

The Holt gamble failed miserably perhaps should have cashed in on West Hams £4m to find another striker with those funds we could have got another Championship striker.

January came and money became available but no new striker except Becchio replacing the ineffective Moro.

CH and everyone just hoping we can get over the line and RVW can be our lone striker.

Most, if not all, of us were relieved and delighted when Holt signed.

Wasn''t Spam''s interest more likely press-talk?

GH has played his part this season and if we stay up the end will have justified the means.

The real dilemna is what to do with Holt if he continues in his current vein of form/behaviour.

There is little doubt that something is not right with Holty this season.

He appears to be more angry with players on the pitch, fans on social networking sites and most of all he channels his agression on the pitch by trying to damage opposing players rather than focusing on getting on with his game from last year.

I would not be supprised to see Holt depart in the summer, as big a City Legend as he is.

I agree with Indy, he''s not the same player we saw playing last season. Hughton''s dilemna imo is how to work with his favoured 4-5-1 system and still win games...doesn''t work does it? But you can''t deny he has to go with the players he''s got available. Ruddy''s been sorely missed and so was Pilks on saturday imo. Bennett did quite well, but Pilks could have given us that something extra I feel. I definitely would like Whitaker back asap too... What do you think?