Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Another week, another match

There is usually room to play a bit at Arsenal. Anyone take an entertaining 0-0 ?  We have the defence to achieve that,   if the  midfield functions like at Sunderland,  we could even sneak a win.   Stranger things have happened.    Away we have coped well with Spurs, and Everton both top six teams.Well, why not?

Same here, another point would be great result. But they''re gonna get at us, for the top 4 finish... They''ve got talent and we''ll have to be at our best!

I would take 0-0 like a shot. I fear it will be a damage limitation exercise to keep the hiding and its knock-on effect on fragile confidence in check. Only hope for next weekend is fingered crossed for those below us to struggle.

So we are all agreed that it is a no brainer to take a point if it were offered now at Arsenal.
Not sure I would rush into a similar deal at Man City though as it could be we need all three from that game! Would snap your hand off at any other point of the season.
COYY

Yes definitely, no brainer. Arsenal are chasing Champions League and probably see us at home as a must win. I''d be ecstatic with a point with the form they are on at the minute.

Whether we need a win or not there''s not a cats chance in hell we will beat Man City. We need to get it done before then.

[quote user="lake district canary"]There is usually room to play a bit at Arsenal. Anyone take an entertaining 0-0 ?  We have the defence to achieve that,   if the  midfield functions like at Sunderland,  we could even sneak a win.   Stranger things have happened.    Away we have coped well with Spurs, and Everton both top six teams.Well, why not?

[/quote]

"There is usually room to play a bit at Arsenal."

That''s what worries me.

I would take 0-0 with great pleasure!

But we know that it is very unlikely. They are an in-form side with plenty of pace to undo us, and they have the incentive of a place in Europe.

We have shot-shy strikers, hesitation and a lack of confidence, and no manager is likely to change this in just six days. I think that we will do well not to lose by more than two.

This game and the last of the season, against Man C., were always  going to be a problem. We need to concentrate on the winnable games against Reading and Stoke (- in even poorer form than we are), and even WBA, who are performing badly. The Villa game could go either way, and there will be needle.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Our form looked awful prior to entertaining Arsenal on a pleasant Monday night in October.I''ll settle for the same result [;)]
[/quote]
Being pedantic it was a Saturday.
Remember well because it was the day my grandson was born. He seemed content with my overtures that he become a canaries supporter in his first couple of months of life, now he just gives me an are you absolutely sure about this look!