Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Turners celebration?

Was sitting in the River End on Saturday so never got to saw Turners celebration, which seems to have caught the attention of a few posters on here too.

Didn''t watch MOTD, so what actually was it?

He didn''t really celebrate at all from what I could see he just ran towards the snakepit and stood there looking at the crowd!

[quote user="BWs Cat "]Meanwhile, if the trolls could not derail the thread...[/quote]Word is that he''s not happy with the song where they sing "He used to be sh1te, but now he''s alright"

If it was me I would have flicked a few v signs at the lower Barclay and snake pit

Turner (a few games aside) hasn''t let us down this season and that song is ridiculous

Can''t blame him for being angry, the thrashings he was involved with near the start were terrible team performances yet he seems to get labelled with a huge amount of the blame.

Since then he grown to be one of, arguably our best, player.

That songs massively disrespectful for a guy who puts the effort and performances in that Turner does.

It is hardly surprising that he finds the song irritating.

Better not to sing his name at all, than to sing such a disrespectful song (even if it was originally meant to be a bit "tongue-in-cheek.")

He has had a very good season, always gives 100% and deserves better imo.

Definitely deserves better, we need to stop it getting sung - it''s embarassing.

I vote if the chant starts getting sung, people should start singing another song, or clap or something drown it out and show him that it''s the minority of morons who don''t understand what they''re actually saying about him.

I''m sure he knows it''s only a small section of the crowd, but he has been stellar for us this year, Bassong can''t take all the credit. Turner, bar the incident against Sunderland, has barely put a foot wrong since the first few games. And it''s about time the fans actually gave him support instead of abuse (even though I bet half the supporters who sing it don''t even realise they''re putting him down..)

I''ll go as far as to say that, over the last few weeks, Turner has out-performed Bassong in most games. Bassong was caught ball watching for  Swanseas second goal on Saturday, and on other occasions as well.

[quote user="star_manic"]I''ll go as far as to say that, over the last few weeks, Turner has out-performed Bassong in most games. Bassong was caught ball watching for  Swanseas second goal on Saturday, and on other occasions as well.
[/quote]

I agree - the song needs to stop and Turner is playing well when partnered with Seb.

Seb admitted as much on twitter and said he will improve.

Mind you turners positioning for the second goal was not great either - Turner was the better of the two on the day but I didnt think either played well.

It was a very good half volley from a long cross. I didn''t realise how good it was at the time.

Concerned about his comments describing a supporter player sense of division. And on reflection it''s a good thing he has had it out in the open and shouldn''t be held against him.

I think on the whole we play fairly well defensively, we just make too many silly mistakes (same as last year). The main thing lately seems getting caught in possession a lot due to our slow build up play (Seb against Swansea, Turners backwards header to no-one in particular against Sunderland, Garrido and Martin on numerous occasions) and even lately Hoolahan''s distribution of the ball has been poor too, giving it away a lot. Need to cut that out if we want to stop conceding!

And Still Fox the one man who can actually control and pass the ball sits rotting on the bench!

He was even on the bench for today''s development game, which suggest he might not be in the match squad

And Still Fox the one man who can actually control and pass the ball sits rotting on the bench!

Alfie I don''t understand the decision either? It baffles me what fox has done so wrong? Do we have a midfielder that is better? I mean tettey couldn''t pass a packet of biscuits at a coffee morning,and as much as I like BJ he can''t do what fox does......I sometimes wonder what actually goes on between CH ears......and b4 I get shot down for havin an opinion both pilks and snoddy have been very hit and miss with passes and crosses this season.....And remember my manager drilling into us the importance of midfield play and players,passes and crosses for without delivery and service the strikers can''t score.......I know the plan is to stay in the EPl but do we really have to play so negative?

Sadly Foxy did himself no favours in that poor performance against Luton. That was his chance to impress, and it just failed to come off along with the rest of the team that day of course.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Yeah, word is he hates the song they sing.Snakepit probably to thick to put 1 + 1 and = 2[/quote] It wasn''t ''THE SNAKEPIT'' that was singing that ridiculous song, it was SOME PEOPLE in the snakepit.I sit in THE SNAKEPIT, and I (and others), had a right pop at the cocks that were singing it!Get your facts straight Nexus or are you TOO THICK to do that?