Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

TRUCE!

With six games to go survival is firmly in our hands or alternatively a failure to survive is equally within our gift.

We are good enough to stay up ability and fitness wise; the danger in failing to do so comes from the mental side of the game.

We all know the sides around us who have that momentum and those who don''t. Stoke City are diminished by doubt whereas Southampton are buoyed by belief.

Last season our momentum carried us through and fell away towards the end.

Sunderland have recently gambled on buying in momentum and for a time it worked at Chelsea.

So, at this late and crucial stage there is no point in me or anyone else having a go at the manager or the players because it could all be self-fulfilling. What has gone before has gone; to be revisited once the season ends.

It is vital the crowd at Carrow Road lift the players on the pitch instead of sitting in quiet stoicism or giving vent to negativity. We all want the same things and most of our players are playing for their careers as EPL footballers with all that provides.

People can post what they want of course but it would be helpful I respectfully suggest to put the differences aside and re-build the ''can do'' atmosphere.

Chris Hughton will select the team and tactics he deems necessary and the players will try to execute the plan; it is our job to raise their spirits because negativity saps the spirit and stops the adrenaline.

So for me, it''s a truce, as we need to pull together and hope to see it through successfully. That is all.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]With six games to go survival is firmly in our hands or alternatively a failure to survive is equally within our gift.

We are good enough to stay up ability and fitness wise; the danger in failing to do so comes from the mental side of the game.

We all know the sides around us who have that momentum and those who don''t. Stoke City are diminished by doubt whereas Southampton are buoyed by belief.

Last season our momentum carried us through and fell away towards the end.

Sunderland have recently gambled on buying in momentum and for a time it worked at Chelsea.

So, at this late and crucial stage there is no point in me or anyone else having a go at the manager or the players because it could all be self-fulfilling. What has gone before has gone; to be revisited once the season ends.

It is vital the crowd at Carrow Road lift the players on the pitch instead of sitting in quiet stoicism or giving vent to negativity. We all want the same things and most of our players are playing for their careers as EPL footballers with all that provides.

People can post what they want of course but it would be helpful I respectfully suggest to put the differences aside and re-build the ''can do'' atmosphere.

Chris Hughton will select the team and tactics he deems necessary and the players will try to execute the plan; it is our job to raise their spirits because negativity saps the spirit and stops the adrenaline.

So for me, it''s a truce, as we need to pull together and hope to see it through successfully. That is all.[/quote]

OHMIGOD!!!!! Rudolph is channelling lake district canary...

E-mail Peter The Deleter and get him to delete that tosh you posted on your '' My Take '' thread that you started 2 days ago.

Has anyone considered that we are actually asking these players to play well to end their Prem league careers. With the injection of cash due and given that we have actually looked like a championship side in the 2nd half of this season. I would suggest that a complete clear out and influx of "better Quality" players would follow our survival. I would imagine that it is fairly hard to motivate players to give their all, in order to be replaced by a better version next season? Despite the fact they are playing for a Prem league wage??I 100% agree that Carrow Road needs to be a wall of noise for the remaining games. Unfortunately the players need to give the fans something to cheer about.  Its a catch 22 situation. I fear a defeat to Arsenal and Reading will lead to major discontent. Especially if we start with 1 up front against Reading!! We really are in a scrap and need an ugly potentially UN-deserved win in order to build back some momentum as Wigan did against Newcastle.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]This isn''t retrospective Mr. Tilson, please don''t try to suggest it is.[/quote]Whats the point in asking for us  all to support for the team when you dont support our manager?

[quote user="Long drives home"]Has anyone considered that we are actually asking these players to play well to end their Prem league careers. With the injection of cash due and given that we have actually looked like a championship side in the 2nd half of this season. I would suggest that a complete clear out and influx of "better Quality" players would follow our survival. I would imagine that it is fairly hard to motivate players to give their all, in order to be replaced by a better version next season? Despite the fact they are playing for a Prem league wage??I 100% agree that Carrow Road needs to be a wall of noise for the remaining games. Unfortunately the players need to give the fans something to cheer about.  Its a catch 22 situation. I fear a defeat to Arsenal and Reading will lead to major discontent. Especially if we start with 1 up front against Reading!! We really are in a scrap and need an ugly potentially UN-deserved win in order to build back some momentum as Wigan did against Newcastle. [/quote]
What a complete load of ****.  Do you seriously think that footballers are that stupid?  If they play well and achieve results they will keep their jobs.  If they play like a bunch of numpties and keep losing, therefore getting us relegated, then they will likely be replaced.  If Holt, Becchio or Kamara score 8 goals in the next six games it will only enhance their position both in the clubs eyes and in the transfer market.

No need to call a truce Rudolph. Your posts are always well reasoned and equally well articulated. I don''t necessarily agree with all of your views but I enjoy reading them as they make a welcome change from the hectoring patronising tone of some and the painful negativity of others.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Long drives home"]Has anyone considered that we are actually asking these players to play well to end their Prem league careers. With the injection of cash due and given that we have actually looked like a championship side in the 2nd half of this season. I would suggest that a complete clear out and influx of "better Quality" players would follow our survival. I would imagine that it is fairly hard to motivate players to give their all, in order to be replaced by a better version next season? Despite the fact they are playing for a Prem league wage??I 100% agree that Carrow Road needs to be a wall of noise for the remaining games. Unfortunately the players need to give the fans something to cheer about.  Its a catch 22 situation. I fear a defeat to Arsenal and Reading will lead to major discontent. Especially if we start with 1 up front against Reading!! We really are in a scrap and need an ugly potentially UN-deserved win in order to build back some momentum as Wigan did against Newcastle. [/quote]
What a complete load of ****.  Do you seriously think that footballers are that stupid?  If they play well and achieve results they will keep their jobs.  If they play like a bunch of numpties and keep losing, therefore getting us relegated, then they will likely be replaced.  If Holt, Becchio or Kamara score 8 goals in the next six games it will only enhance their position both in the clubs eyes and in the transfer market.
[/quote]Ok scooby, which of this seasons Midfield and Strikers do you actually think will be playing in the first team next season if we are still in the Prem? Hoolahan (Dip in form?) Holt? Jackson? Johnson? I doubt many of these will figure as starters much next season should we survive!!

Actually, a truce isn''t a bad idea.    How about a board wide truce until the season has finished?    Stop fighting each other because of our views either way - they are quite polarized at the moment - and  just support the team and manager over the line to success. 

I am sure the anti-Hughton wallas would still like us to stay up, as well as everybody else.   If we put aside our positions on whatever, appreciate that what ever happens Hughton is going to be here to the end of the season and get behind the club, the manager and the team. 

The crunch is here.  The last few games when the season can be decided.   Its time we got together in the interest of the club and start supporting the team 100%.  

It''s not a difficult concept, is it??  [:^)]

That''s right LDC and thanks dpit.

The players are on contracts and will keep them if we stay in the EPL. I understand the value drops if we are relegated plus no one wants a relegation on their CV.

I accept CH is the manager for the foreseeable future, will make his own decisions and whatever side he sends out has to be backed - unlike on Saturday past.

Everyone can do what they like but I''m personally calling a truce and hope we can all unite behind the common goal.

I do not retract past comments and I have no plans to renew my season ticket but for the final six games I will say nothing or be upbeat.

I quite like the debate here, and I know we don''t agree but I appreciate you are respectful to those who disagree and more considered in your arguments than many.  Would be a shame if you couldn''t debate your points here.  Where we do need a truce is in the stadium during match days - no more Michael Turner songs, no more Hughton Sort It Out.  Behind the team for 90 minutes and OTBC if and when (when) we do concede.