Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

SOME of you don't deserve a Premier League Club

The oft repeated line of ''look where we were 3 years ago'' doesn''t wash with me, we are where we are now and the past is irrelevant.  Despite that we are a club without a bankroll, a club that is indebted to the banks (shortly null and void), and a club that will inevitably one day be relegated from the top flight.If we stay up this season, which in all honesty if/when we beat Reading we will, our financial future is looking extremely rosy.  We have a solid basis for a strong squad capable of good cup runs and succeeding in the PL (I define that as finishing anywhere between 6th and 14th), we have zero debt, we have good assets and we have a CEO who is ruthless and alongside the board has revolutionised our club.With all this in hand you would think that our fans would be satisfied with the position we''re in.  But NO.  McNally is bombarded with idiocy each and every day on Twitter, our manager is hounded on this message board, and the ''fans'' fail to encourage their own team at home.  Although I will hold my hands up to the Barclay they were better than normal on Saturday.I''m hoping it''s just a small cross section of our fans who behave this way, complaining about the Grand National not being shown during the match was a highlight of McNally''s twitter feed last night.  But this board has descended into a dark deep pit of negativity over the past three or four weeks.  There seem to be ''fans'' who are more than happy to see us relegated (but would be the first to complain if we are), seem to know exactly what is going on behind closed doors at Colney, and essentially can''t stop ****ing over Lambert.  This has led to an atmosphere that must come across to the players and undoubtedly doesn''t help.  It is interesting to point out that no one was complaining during our LONGEST EVER top flight unbeaten run, which came under Hughton, not Lambert.Lambert has gone.  Yes I know it''s a bitter pill to swallow for some of your imbeciles, but he royally screwed us over in pre-season.  His myth remains though.  ''Oh we played free-flowing football'', ''we were great'', ''we scored more'' - the usual comments on Mr. Lambert''s teams.  ''Fans'' seem to forget how every single time a team attacked us last season it looked like we were going to concede, and how many long balls we played.  They also forget the state that Lambert left our defence in.  Something Hughton has sorted out over the course of the season.  We would never have survived playing the football we played last season, we would never have gone on a 10 game unbeaten run, we would never have kept a clean sheet, we wouldn''t even be debating survival now because we''d be sunk out of trace.For all those moaning at Hughton, what would you have done in the situation he was faced with?  Played Elliott Ward?!Hughton, whilst not playing the most attractive of football (OK pretty dire stuff at times), has so far kept us clear of the relegation zone - when were we last in it? September? Has kept picking up points even when we''re not playing well (6 points from last 6) and at the end of the day will keep us up.  What more do you want?  If you''re not satisfied with that, why not go and support your darling Lambert at Villa?Hughton has been given a job this season, and that is to keep us in the Premier League.  Save your bitching for next year, if we keep playing like this having added RVW and other attack minded players to our team then fine, bleat away, I''ll probably join you.  But what Hughton has done this year so far should be applauded, not castigated.  Grow up, support the team, and see us through to end of the year.  I''ll be at The Emirates on Saturday, more than happy to share a drink and discuss this if any of you ''fans'' are going.

I pretty much agree with al of that. I''ve never come across such an ungrateful group of people in all my lifetime - most of our fans right now. It''s like some rich spoilt privileged child is throwing a massive tantrum because she''s had her horse taken away from her and had it replaced with a pony. She doesn''t realise just how good she has it. Just like Norwich are in the riches of the Premiership, we''ve lost Lambert but Hughton isn''t bad. Give Hughton time and he''ll grow and get better. I do seriously believe some of our "fans" would be more suited to supporting the binners down the road, then they would actually have real things to moan about ;)

[quote user="ncfcstar"]The oft repeated line of ''look where we were 3 years ago'' doesn''t wash with me, we are where we are now and the past is irrelevant.  Despite that we are a club without a bankroll, a club that is indebted to the banks (shortly null and void), and a club that will inevitably one day be relegated from the top flight.If we stay up this season, which in all honesty if/when we beat Reading we will, our financial future is looking extremely rosy.  We have a solid basis for a strong squad capable of good cup runs and succeeding in the PL (I define that as finishing anywhere between 6th and 14th), we have zero debt, we have good assets and we have a CEO who is ruthless and alongside the board has revolutionised our club.With all this in hand you would think that our fans would be satisfied with the position we''re in.  But NO.  McNally is bombarded with idiocy each and every day on Twitter, our manager is hounded on this message board, and the ''fans'' fail to encourage their own team at home.  Although I will hold my hands up to the Barclay they were better than normal on Saturday.I''m hoping it''s just a small cross section of our fans who behave this way, complaining about the Grand National not being shown during the match was a highlight of McNally''s twitter feed last night.  But this board has descended into a dark deep pit of negativity over the past three or four weeks.  There seem to be ''fans'' who are more than happy to see us relegated (but would be the first to complain if we are), seem to know exactly what is going on behind closed doors at Colney, and essentially can''t stop ****ing over Lambert.  This has led to an atmosphere that must come across to the players and undoubtedly doesn''t help.  It is interesting to point out that no one was complaining during our LONGEST EVER top flight unbeaten run, which came under Hughton, not Lambert.Lambert has gone.  Yes I know it''s a bitter pill to swallow for some of your imbeciles, but he royally screwed us over in pre-season.  His myth remains though.  ''Oh we played free-flowing football'', ''we were great'', ''we scored more'' - the usual comments on Mr. Lambert''s teams.  ''Fans'' seem to forget how every single time a team attacked us last season it looked like we were going to concede, and how many long balls we played.  They also forget the state that Lambert left our defence in.  Something Hughton has sorted out over the course of the season.  We would never have survived playing the football we played last season, we would never have gone on a 10 game unbeaten run, we would never have kept a clean sheet, we wouldn''t even be debating survival now because we''d be sunk out of trace.For all those moaning at Hughton, what would you have done in the situation he was faced with?  Played Elliott Ward?!Hughton, whilst not playing the most attractive of football (OK pretty dire stuff at times), has so far kept us clear of the relegation zone - when were we last in it? September? Has kept picking up points even when we''re not playing well (6 points from last 6) and at the end of the day will keep us up.  What more do you want?  If you''re not satisfied with that, why not go and support your darling Lambert at Villa?Hughton has been given a job this season, and that is to keep us in the Premier League.  Save your bitching for next year, if we keep playing like this having added RVW and other attack minded players to our team then fine, bleat away, I''ll probably join you.  But what Hughton has done this year so far should be applauded, not castigated.  Grow up, support the team, and see us through to end of the year.  I''ll be at The Emirates on Saturday, more than happy to share a drink and discuss this if any of you ''fans'' are going.[/quote]

So many things wrong with this statement....

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="ncfcstar"]I''ll be at The Emirates on Saturday, more than happy to share a drink and discuss this if any of you ''fans'' are going.[/quote]

So many things wrong with this statement....[/quote]Eh?  The only thing I can see wrong with it is that they wont be there.  Can''t see the problem with a bit of debate with a fellow fan.  Or does it go against your views on Palestine CT?

I agree with the vast majority of the OP.

It winds me up something rotten when people trot out the line ''we were in league 1 4 years ago.'' SO WHAT!? I want my club to be the best it can be and continue to strive to improve. It doesn''t matter where we were 4 years ago it matters where we are now and where we will be in the future.

I appreciate this season was always going to be difficult with the manager change but the football has been dire. That said, I have always said I am prepared to give Hughton the start of next season to improve the team, the football and the club.

Onwards and Upwards!

And before you come back with the "but the Palestinians are terrorists..."

Yeah the Palestinians who have lost far more of their people than the Israeli population and who dont even have an army of their own are the terrorists..The same  Palestinian people who cant even go to hospitals because of the numerous checkpoints that Israel has set up are the terrorists.Lol.

x

You, ncfcstar my friend, display everything wrong with the sort of supporter you appear to represent.

I disagree with most that you have written, so therefore I am an imbecile - great!

Your views are not reflected by the local media nor 99% of the people who sit in my area of the ground (Upper Barclay)

Firstly our Manager - He may well turn out to be a fantastic acquisition but it''s fair for supporters to air their views that maybe, just maybe, he''s not showing that possibility at the mo. Why do you and your ilk have to be so damning of those with an opposing view to yours?

Why do you slam anyone who happens to mention Lambert? He was the previous manager and it is acceptable to compare whether Hoots is more or less successful then Him.

Our support - Do you honestly think any other group of supporters would react any differently to the current situation. Why are we always held up as poor or disgraceful supporters by our own??

There might have a very few anti Hoots comments that went beyond acceptable criticism but most have been well debated.

I accept that I am very worried if the Hoot/Calderwood/Trollope management team is the one to move us forward. I like to read both sides of the so called argument but frankly I find your attitude to it annoying.

Hey Ho thats a message board for you I suppose

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]You should be quite aware that Arsenal went to ballot... Saying "if any of you ''fans'' are going'' is silly..

What does my view of hating the apartheid state have to do with anything?[/quote]Er...OK.  I am very aware it went to ballot, why does that make my comment silly?  It was a question posed enquiring as to whether they may be going, just because it went to ballot doesn''t mean they aren''t going, they may well have tickets.  Hence I can''t see anything wrong with it!It doesn''t have any relevance really, I brought it up because you made an irrelevant comment.  Although I''d love to delve deeper into your views as I find them bizarre, but I don''t want to teach you history so we''ll put it to bed.

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]And before you come back with the "but the Palestinians are terrorists..."[/quote]I fear I''m more educated than you think.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]You, ncfcstar my friend, display everything wrong with the sort of supporter you appear to represent.

I disagree with most that you have written, so therefore I am an imbecile - great!

Your views are not reflected by the local media nor 99% of the people who sit in my area of the ground (Upper Barclay)

Firstly our Manager - He may well turn out to be a fantastic acquisition but it''s fair for supporters to air their views that maybe, just maybe, he''s not showing that possibility at the mo. Why do you and your ilk have to be so damning of those with an opposing view to yours?

Why do you slam anyone who happens to mention Lambert? He was the previous manager and it is acceptable to compare whether Hoots is more or less successful then Him.

Our support - Do you honestly think any other group of supporters would react any differently to the current situation. Why are we always held up as poor or disgraceful supporters by our own??

There might have a very few anti Hoots comments that went beyond acceptable criticism but most have been well debated.

I accept that I am very worried if the Hoot/Calderwood/Trollope management team is the one to move us forward. I like to read both sides of the so called argument but frankly I find your attitude to it annoying.

Hey Ho thats a message board for you I suppose[/quote]Everything wrong?  Don''t take the imbecile comment to heart ''my friend''."99% of the people", I can guarantee you that is baloney.I''m not against supporters airing their views, but it has come to a point where comments are literally being ''made up'' to slate the management staff.  People are finding any stick possible to bash Hughton when in all honesty he hasn''t done much wrong.  I find it bizarre that people are happy to do this when he needs a full pre-season to really show what he is made of.  The job he faced last summer was an extremely difficult one, and so far he is succeeding.  People can have an opposing view, that''s life and without it we''d live in a rather boring world.  I''m not damning of those who differ to my opinion, just those who are bashing for the sake of it and aren''t being realistic.  ''Fans'' are getting caught up in a storm of negativity which really doesn''t need to exist.Sorry but I had to laugh when you capitalised Him (I''m sure it was a mistake though!! [:D]) Fans are welcome to mention Lambert, he did great things for the club, but he is also mentioned in mythical ways which are just plain untrue.I think our supporters are poor in general, just an observation.  Away from home we are fantastic but at home this season the support has been extremely poor and I honestly can''t see why anyone would argue otherwise.  I mentioned in my post that the Barclay was more vocal on Saturday and I hope this continues at the Reading game in a couple of weeks.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]And before you come back with the "but the Palestinians are terrorists..."[/quote]I fear I''m more educated than you think.[/quote]I fear David Icke lurks on this board. [;)]

Excellent post, unfortunately m''lud, I regret to have to say, those of us in agreement with you are in the minority!

If one "looked around" and "listened" then perhaps, just perhaps, those doubters would start to heed the warning signs -

Great observation from Mark Holmes on TeamTalk:

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/24685/8625732/Monday-Moan-Di-Canio-views-irrelevant

regarding the effect of fans behaviour on teams - eg Blackburn last season, Stoke this season.

Also, what was telling was the views of Michael Turner in an interview with Sky:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8622245

So, whilst I can appreciate the frustration felt by these fans, I cannot for the love of me understand their logic! It is a self defeating and almost self prophesising action. As hard as it might seem, this is the time when the team NEED the fans support!

I recall being in the South Stand after Crystal Palace went ahead in 1973 (winner takes all relegation battle) and after a slight moment of "disappointment" when Palace took the lead, the crowd rallied behind the team who then swept into a 2-1 victory. Never let it be said that the crowd don''t influence the players!

I will not take any criticism of our fantastic supporters. We are the best in the land supporting the team through good times and bad,travelling up and down the land. One in fact could turn the opening statement on its head after the last few weeks of dire football and ask whether the current team deserve us.

[quote user="Felixfan"]I will not take any criticism of our fantastic supporters. We are the best in the land supporting the team through good times and bad,travelling up and down the land. One in fact could turn the opening statement on its head after the last few weeks of dire football and ask whether the current team deserve us.[/quote]Surely that''s a very naive attitude to have?  So our supporters are beyond reproach?

[quote user="Felixfan"]Yes - the customer is always right.[/quote]

Only when being judged by those who have their custom. Not when being judged by other customers.

[quote user="Felixfan"]Yes - the customer is always right.[/quote]Seriously?!  Very naive then because 27,000 ''customers'' aren''t all going to have the same view are they.  So someone''s view has to be wrong.If I remember correctly you were on the SCG or whatever it was called weren''t you Felixfan?  No wonder they got rid of it if that was your attitude.

" the fans fail to encourage the team at home"

One nonsense statement amongst many in the OP, the fans were brilliant on Saturday.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]You, ncfcstar my friend, display everything wrong with the sort of supporter you appear to represent. [/quote]

My opinion is that you are too ready to judge other posters. You are always ready to be judgemental of me. So much so that I have become judgemental of you. Now have you been to the pub yet today Bury[Y]

Another devisive and trolling thread designed to get people biting and the type of thread which should be removed.

Not one city fan is any better, nor worse than the next, should not be as  imbeciles just because Lambert is being discussed, should Norwich fans stop talking about Mike Walker and John Bond too?

As it happens in parts I agree with the points you made in the OP, but why not just cut out the City1st type posts, it''s almost as you have to copy his styl to a tee, ncfcstar. Stop the negative criticism of the fans and debate without the need to resort to inane name calling, playground stuff.

[quote user="Vanwink"]" the fans fail to encourage the team at home"

One nonsense statement amongst many in the OP, the fans were brilliant on Saturday.[/quote]Er I said the Barclay was better on Saturday - you obviously didn''t read the post.

[quote user="Indy"]

Another devisive and trolling thread designed to get people biting and the type of thread which should be removed.

Not one city fan is any better, nor worse than the next, should not be as  imbeciles just because Lambert is being discussed, should Norwich fans stop talking about Mike Walker and John Bond too?

As it happens in parts I agree with the points you made in the OP, but why not just cut out the City1st type posts, it''s almost as you have to copy his styl to a tee, ncfcstar. Stop the negative criticism of the fans and debate without the need to resort to inane name calling, playground stuff.

[/quote]I''m not trolling Indy, I''m simply being honest as I see it.  I''m not claiming to be better or worse than anyone else, but if that''s how you read it, fine.  My point over Lambert was not that he is discussed, but he has now gathered a legend which shouldn''t exist.I am also not trying to emulate City1st, far from it.  I have no idea why fans are above criticism in some eyes.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Vanwink"]" the fans fail to encourage the team at home" One nonsense statement amongst many in the OP, the fans were brilliant on Saturday.[/quote]

Er I said the Barclay was better on Saturday - you obviously didn''t read the post.
[/quote]

Well it was more than 3 lines with lots of  long words...

It is far more naive to criticise the fans for the teams performances and sometimes there comes a tipping point when the fans have had enough. I am not saying that is now as there are only pockets of serious discontent but it does tend to remind everyone concerned that the paying customer ultimately calls the tune.

I will disregard your cheap shot about the SCG as my aim was to serve the supporters not criticise them even if I disagreed with their views.

I''m with you on your points about MacNally and twitter and then cancary call and all the other media outlets which allows those who feel the need to vent their views using this media.

I do agree with most of your views, but can''t hide the fact that by calling fans  imbeciles just kills any sensible response and allows threads to degenerate.

Your points are very good just a written to get people biting back rather than debating, from my view, might just be me being too sensitive.

[quote user="Indy"]

I''m with you on your points about MacNally and twitter and then cancary call and all the other media outlets which allows those who feel the need to vent their views using this media.

I do agree with most of your views, but can''t hide the fact that by calling fans  imbeciles just kills any sensible response and allows threads to degenerate.

Your points are very good just a written to get people biting back rather than debating, from my view, might just be me being too sensitive.

[/quote]Fair enough, that point wasn''t aimed at sensible fans, it was aimed at people being negative for negative''s sake.

[quote user="Felixfan"]

It is far more naive to criticise the fans for the teams performances and sometimes there comes a tipping point when the fans have had enough. I am not saying that is now as there are only pockets of serious discontent but it does tend to remind everyone concerned that the paying customer ultimately calls the tune.

I will disregard your cheap shot about the SCG as my aim was to serve the supporters not criticise them even if I disagreed with their views.

[/quote]I don''t think I''ve said that it''s the fans who are causing the poor performances, I said they don''t help.  If you were trying to do your job and have 25,000 people ready to pounce on you if you made a mistake your performance would suffer, I think it''s naive to think otherwise.I don''t see how you can have a reasoned debate without opposing or supporting different views of fans, not everyone can be right, not everyone can be wrong.  Usually it''s somewhere in the middle, but it is undeniable that there is a cross section of supporters who are determined to see us fail this season.

For those getting "uppity" - please read the 1st word of the subject header "SOME of you....."

Also, in reading through the original post, not once was any mention made of "all supporters" - just reference was made to "some supporters".

Are the posters who are against this post of the opinion that the "some" refers to them?