Sign in to follow this  
Monty13

The psychological effect of the crowd on our players.

Agree with some of the sentiment above BUT there was a very good level of support for the team on Saturday from the off, which didn''t appear to do anything but reinforce the negative rubbish we have been used to reently.

The players did not respond until Swansea went in front and the entire Snakepit & Barclay started to trun. Funny that once the Hughton Sort It Out chant started the players started to play, wonder why that is?

Sometimes if you back the players it just re-inforces this style and level they appear to be happy with, put pressure on them and they respond!

I''m not one for booing or being over critical until the situation calls for it, again against Reading the team will have my full support as normal, but play like we did for the first 20 minutes against Swansea and we will vent our frustration. We all know that this team is capable of beating anyone on their day as proven and it''s bloody frustrating having seen just how good this team can play to be stifled by the management into playing such negative holding football.

Which other team would have gone into a home game against a team struggling to win since they lifted the cup with 1 striker?

[quote user="Marmaduke"]Well said Alex! Only trouble is, I''m guessing you never go to games? Which sort of negates your "I don''t care how much it cost" comment. But do feel free to criticise those who do support thr team ine the real (only?) sense of the word. By shelling out to go to games. Thank you.[/quote]

Negate?   You couldn''t be more wrong, Marmaduke. If people make good points on this board they are good points, whether they go once a season or fifty times a season.    You only assume, like some others do, that fans that live away from Norwich don''t go to a lot of games. You have no idea.  A lot of fans who live away spend more time and money in a season supporting their club than those that live in Norwich who go on the strength of their season ticket (which is very good value by the way) .    So before you dismiss other people''s views because of your prejudice, just think of a wider view of our fantastic support.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]If the sex ain''t good..........why fake an orgasm?[/quote]It''s usually to encourage the partner !For the record, I was one of those showing nerves during the first half, I even took to tweeting during the match, we were playing far too deep, but I''m not sure what tweeting about it would do

Cheers Bert and LDC.

Marmaduke, it is always an honour to meet a superfan, y''know, the creme de la creme of the Carrow Road faithfull, though that said it appears the few games I get to a season (which racks up considerable travelling expense etc etc per game I might add, not to mention losing 2 days work as I work weekends nowadays) appears to see the likes of me offering more encouragement and support than you do in all your ''50 games a season'' - weirdly though, I enjoy cheering the lads on through awkward patches - I guess if you like it''s a tribal thing, all for one and one for all.

Like many exiled Norfolk folks, and equally those that support NCFC from afar, your obsession for your beloved football club should never diminish just because circumstances have dictated that you are no longer close - I suspect if Marmaduke ever left Norwich for a period of time then his interest in all things NCFC would quickly wane. I only wish I could go to as many games as I used to, but rest assured folks, the few I manage each season I always make sure I exercise my lungs in a VERY positive manner.

OTBC