Sign in to follow this  
Gaz06

Would you want to see the naming rights to Carrow Road sold?

Today, Manchester United announced that they have sold the naming rights to their training ground and this has fuelled rumours that Old Trafford could be next on the list to lose it''s name.

So the question is would you want Carrow Road to be renamed in order to get extra revenue? Personally, I would be happy for this to happen, extra revenue means better players and we''ll progress a club. In addition, Carrow Road will always be remembered as Carrow Road by the fans! What do you think?

Yes, as long as it bought in a good amount of cash. I think it would be better to look at in the future, if we ever win a trophy or make it into Europe again.
I would even do a Cardiff and change shirt colours if it bought in an extra £10M a year

I agree, most still call the NandP the River End.

Did geordies really ever call St James'' Park The Sports Direct Arena?

It will make little difference, supporters will still call it Carrow Road.

Not for the money we would get for it. It''s even less likely if we stay in the PL next season. Why risk alienating an existing ''brand'' for the sake of a relatively (to TV rights for example) small amount of money.

Also I think there''s little appetite for companies to spend vast sums of money on trying to re name existing stadiums simply because most are so well known, and will continue to be called by their original names.

Many will call the ground whatever they are told to call it, as now with the South Stand and the River End

Aviva City - with Paul Whitehouse dressed up as one of his funny characters to portray our new badge ...

And our next Home (contents) fixture at the Stadium of Insurance will see Ricki Van (insurance) Wolfswinkle assured of a place in the starting (to plan for the future) line up

Still, I suppose the billions per week it will bring in will sway the decision - we only have to look at the immense success it has bought to Newcastle

and fark the idea that money is running/ruining football, just grease up the happy clappies backsides and they''ll willingly take it

"Kick it out

throw it away

dump all the old rubbish

keep it new, spend their cash

Aviva we all cry

Hold the call, City

never mind the anger "

Would I want it to be? NoWould I mind if it was? NoNorwich City Football Club is a business, it has a commodity that it sells, a brand image, a board of directors, staff, margins, the whole caboodle. It needs to be run as such, making use of it''s assets to maximise revenue which in turn (should) lead to reinvestment into the business. Make those investments wisely and all of the above will grow.Prattling on about the good ol'' days before money ruled the game, when men were men, players played on with broken ribs and could tackle the ''keeper won''t bring them back. They may serve you with a good old dose of nostalgia, but it won''t change a thing.The passion, the bragging rights, the memories and the emotions, they are ours to have as fans, we have to allow the board to do as they see fit when it comes to commercial decisions, after all, what reason do we have not to trust the current regime?

If it means we get a massive cash influx that would allow us to greatly improve our squad/ground/training facilities then I''d be 100% for it...

In all honesty, What do we as fans want? do we want to continue for evermore as an also ran, Or a title winning contenders side, I know what I would like and to be honest it wouldn''t matter a jot what they called the ground as we would always call it Carrow road, what doe''s concern me is what would become of our resident moaners where would they go to have a good old groan? because all we would be talking about is how well the club is doing

No. We should not sell out to anyone. The name carrow road has a sentimental value to everyone at the club.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Sing up the Barclay!

[/quote]

I think The Alan Bowkett Bowl has a certain ring about it don''t you Tangible. [;)]

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

It''s a shame Mackintosh''s  still doesn''t have a footing here.

The RoloBowl would have been sweet.

[/quote]

and Carrow Road itself could be re-named Quality Street.

Yep. Like it!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="Warren Hill"]

It''s a shame Mackintosh''s  still doesn''t have a footing here.

The RoloBowl would have been sweet.

[/quote]

and Carrow Road itself could be re-named Quality Street.

Yep. Like it!

[/quote][:)]Or compromise and meet them halfway - Carrowmac road

I prefer tying in with Colman''s again, for The Mustard Bowl.

Alternatively: the Bird''s Eye View? Or going for the younger technophile market, the Rovio Angry Birds'' Nest.

Finally (hallelujah!), we can''t 100% rule out an unlikely link-up with a Middlesex posh public school, simply going with Harrow Road.