Sign in to follow this  
NCFC4LIFE

The Situation

My views on the current situation at Carrow Road;
  • Grant Holt - I like all City fans will never forget the goals he has scored for us over the years, however his behavior over the last year has been unacceptable. Behavior I wouldn''t expect to see from a club captain. With his well timed and manipulated transfer request he happily held the club to ransom during an extremely difficult time period (when Lambert left), which I for one will never forget of forgive him for. On top of that this season he has looked unfit and disinterested, he clearly has no relationship with the manager and frankly I wouldn''t be too bothered if he never wore a canary shirt again. If I were a betting man he will be off in the Summer.
  • Chris Hughton - He strikes me as a very nice and intelligent man who has a good understanding of the top flight and how to grind out results (mainly draws), with lets be honest and fair to him not the best squad. His defensive approach, particularly certain home games (Newcastle, Southampton) have left the Carrow Road crowd becoming more and more detracted to him. It hasn''t helped his plight following a manager like Lambert, we were spoiled last season with the football on show under Lambert. However you can see the players/fans becoming more and more frustrated with the negative style he has adopted especially the lack of desire to change the game when needed. If we stay up I cant see him having much time next season, his head could be on the chopping board very early on.
  • Relegation - It is as simple as this, we beat Reading at home and pick up a draw in one of the other remanding five fixtures and we will have done enough to survive for another year. If we manage to do this (frankly if we don''t we deserve to go down) Hughton has earned his chance at developing the side and spending the money in improving the cohesion and the goal scoring department at the club. Personally I think we will stumble over like a degenerate old drunk, however looking back over the season we could of made it a lot easier for ourselves. 

Holt: He has had a fairly decent season IMO, despite being short of goals. His last few cameos, which have seen him charge around the pitch like a deranged bull, have been bewildering and he seems to have plummetted in the opinion of most of his fans. Including mine.

Hughton: If he keeps us up he will get the Freedom of the City, not the sack.

Relegation: This has been discussed to death on here, surfice to say that our drip-drip approach to survival racks the nerves. We are however amongst the favourites to stay up amongst the favourites to go down.

Note "drip-drip" young man and less of the "stumble." I may be degenerate, I may be old and I am usually drunk, but I do not stumble. Filippin'' ageism. [:D]

I agree with all 3 of your points NCFC4LIFE. Hughton does deserve a chance to build a squad if he keeps us up. We still have a Championship-based squad....who in many games this year have played well enough to compete with the best in the Premier. But we must be realistic there is a gulf in resources and essentially we are not in the top of the 3 mini leagues within the division nor are we in the second of those leagues ( the ones established over many years). We are amongst the newbie clubs trying to establish. Hughton has form for picking decent players, and I trust the scouting network now and am excited by what Adams is doing with youth team. The future looks great.

Agree about Reading but don''t think we can count on a win .....we may have to wait nervously for West Brom for that which will be scary if this happens. Think we will just get over the 40 points needed and the 3rd team will get 36 or 37 only.

As for Holt, what a legend ...but reading and not responding to loads of posts on here you and are are probably in the minority. He is past his best and that people don''t want to see this is amazing. But he is a one-off and not someone to under-rate ever. Hopefully he will chip in with 2 or 3 priceless goals before May 19th. He is not the future though. Agree too that he cast a cloud over per season build up and his Twitter comments could have been kept private and behind the scenes. He didn''t and he lost a bit of my trust in him. As for heroes, they are transient often. Like financial markets we have to look ahead and build for new heroes (and apologies here for sounding like that former manager Roeder).

The summer will be very exciting and I would expect 7 to 8 new players and a similar amount released. We do need restructuring. I trust Hughton to do that but feel McNally will be watching closely if we continue to put off fans with a negative style and lose potential revenue.

Onwards and upwards ...praying for a result at Arsenal this Saturday out of the blue.

Holt - He bagged 15 prem goals last season, he then handed his Transfer Request in and demanded 25 grand a week. I for one dont see 5 goals a decent return for that salary. His last few games have seen him miss a vitally important penalty, mess up a fairly straight forward one on one at Sunderland, not forgetting his reckless challenge against Swansea which could of seen him sent off and us down to 10 men with 10 minutes to go. He has resembled nothing but a pub team striker this season. Money well spent? I don''t think so, there is no place for nostalgia in today''s game.Hughton - I for one think he will keep us up this season, however its a results game and with our ruthless CEO I can see him being under pressure very early on next season.stumble is still the adjective i will use...

I am glad I am in the minority regarding Holt, as a huge percentage of people that post on here (infact) a huge percentage of Norwich fans haven''t a clue regarding football. Hence the reason why we are portrayed in the press as a small club; our fans comprise of Old Farmers, family''s dripped in official club merchandise and local business men/women who are only there for a roast and a good chin wag. Oh and not forgetting the social climbers. Holt needs to take a good look at himself and remember which club took him from obscurity and gave him his chance to run with the big boys. He strikes me as surly pr*ck, with an extremely high opinion of himself which is baffling to me with someone with such a sh*t CV before us. When West Ham came in for him last Summer with a 4 million bid, I thought at the time and clearly still do think we were mad!!I hope your wrong about Reading, however can see your point as they will have no pressure on them and of course the result is not a full gone conclusion. However still think we will bag the three points.I look forward to safety and all of the players we will be linked with in the Summer.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]I am glad I am in the minority regarding Holt, as a huge percentage of people that post on here (infact) a huge percentage of Norwich fans haven''t a clue regarding football. Hence the reason why we are portrayed in the press as a small club; our fans comprise of Old Farmers, family''s dripped in official club merchandise and local business men/women who are only there for a roast and a good chin wag. Oh and not forgetting the social climbers. Holt needs to take a good look at himself and remember which club took him from obscurity and gave him his chance to run with the big boys. He strikes me as surly pr*ck, with an extremely high opinion of himself which is baffling to me with someone with such a sh*t CV before us. When West Ham came in for him last Summer with a 4 million bid, I thought at the time and clearly still do think we were mad!!I hope your wrong about Reading, however can see your point as they will have no pressure on them and of course the result is not a full gone conclusion. However still think we will bag the three points.I look forward to safety and all of the players we will be linked with in the Summer.

[/quote]remember which player took us from obscurity and gave us our chance to run with the big boys

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]I am glad I am in the minority regarding Holt, as a huge percentage of people that post on here (infact) a huge percentage of Norwich fans haven''t a clue regarding football. Hence the reason why we are portrayed in the press as a small club; our fans comprise of Old Farmers, family''s dripped in official club merchandise and local business men/women who are only there for a roast and a good chin wag. Oh and not forgetting the social climbers. Holt needs to take a good look at himself and remember which club took him from obscurity and gave him his chance to run with the big boys. He strikes me as surly pr*ck, with an extremely high opinion of himself which is baffling to me with someone with such a sh*t CV before us. When West Ham came in for him last Summer with a 4 million bid, I thought at the time and clearly still do think we were mad!!I hope your wrong about Reading, however can see your point as they will have no pressure on them and of course the result is not a full gone conclusion. However still think we will bag the three points.I look forward to safety and all of the players we will be linked with in the Summer.

[/quote]

remember which player took us from obscurity and gave us our chance to run with the big boys[/quote]Simon Lappin?

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]Holt - He bagged 15 prem goals last season, he then handed his Transfer Request in and demanded 25 grand a week. I for one dont see 5 goals a decent return for that salary.

[/quote]

Spectacularly arrogant to claim the "majority of city fans" don''t have a clue about football and then to make a statement like this!

How many goals do you want for 25 grand a week then? What about from Tevez and his 200k a week? Completely ignores the point about how Holt has been used this season, not to mention the number of starts this season vs last. I don''t deny he has been off form, but that applies to every player in every team. Oh, except those that are paid enough. If you pay them enough, they are continuously in top form. I know that, because i know a lot about football.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]I am glad I am in the minority regarding Holt, as a huge percentage of people that post on here (infact) a huge percentage of Norwich fans haven''t a clue regarding football. Hence the reason why we are portrayed in the press as a small club; our fans comprise of Old Farmers, family''s dripped in official club merchandise and local business men/women who are only there for a roast and a good chin wag. Oh and not forgetting the social climbers. Holt needs to take a good look at himself and remember which club took him from obscurity and gave him his chance to run with the big boys. He strikes me as surly pr*ck, with an extremely high opinion of himself which is baffling to me with someone with such a sh*t CV before us. When West Ham came in for him last Summer with a 4 million bid, I thought at the time and clearly still do think we were mad!!I hope your wrong about Reading, however can see your point as they will have no pressure on them and of course the result is not a full gone conclusion. However still think we will bag the three points.I look forward to safety and all of the players we will be linked with in the Summer. [/quote]

To say that Holt had a poor CV before he came to us is disrespectful and inaccurate.   He has had a prolific career in the lower leagues and this is what prompted us to get him.   Lower league football is not sh*t.    The League 1 campaign we had was terrific.  You make it sound like you are an expert on football and the rest of us know nothing,  but you come across as someone with a big chip on their shoulder about the club and its fans.   I wonder why?

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]I am glad I am in the minority regarding Holt, as a huge percentage of people that post on here (infact) a huge percentage of Norwich fans haven''t a clue regarding football. Hence the reason why we are portrayed in the press as a small club; our fans comprise of Old Farmers, family''s dripped in official club merchandise and local business men/women who are only there for a roast and a good chin wag. Oh and not forgetting the social climbers. 

[/quote]

Surprised you have pretty much you got away with this. But maybe there''s more of your ilk on here than even City1st thinks....

FOYSC

[quote user="a1canary"]

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]Holt - He bagged 15 prem goals last season, he then handed his Transfer Request in and demanded 25 grand a week. I for one dont see 5 goals a decent return for that salary.

[/quote]

Spectacularly arrogant to claim the "majority of city fans" don''t have a clue about football and then to make a statement like this!

How many goals do you want for 25 grand a week then? What about from Tevez and his 200k a week? Completely ignores the point about how Holt has been used this season, not to mention the number of starts this season vs last. I don''t deny he has been off form, but that applies to every player in every team. Oh, except those that are paid enough. If you pay them enough, they are continuously in top form. I know that, because i know a lot about football.

[/quote]My gripe is not with the amount he is paid, but what he has produced since demanding it. Not only that but the way he went about getting what he wanted. I personally think he deserved the pay increase he wanted, however the manner in which he manipulated the club and the use of twitter was enormously disrespectful to the fans and the club that pay his wages. Talk about spectacularly arrogant, this guy has really shown his true colours, becoming more and more of a tw*t along the way... you say hero, I say villain... As a fan I have washed my hands with him, thank you for the memories Grant however this last year has left a foul taste of resentment and disdain on his legend status.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]I am glad I am in the minority regarding Holt, as a huge percentage of people that post on here (infact) a huge percentage of Norwich fans haven''t a clue regarding football. Hence the reason why we are portrayed in the press as a small club; our fans comprise of Old Farmers, family''s dripped in official club merchandise and local business men/women who are only there for a roast and a good chin wag. Oh and not forgetting the social climbers. Holt needs to take a good look at himself and remember which club took him from obscurity and gave him his chance to run with the big boys. He strikes me as surly pr*ck, with an extremely high opinion of himself which is baffling to me with someone with such a sh*t CV before us. When West Ham came in for him last Summer with a 4 million bid, I thought at the time and clearly still do think we were mad!!I hope your wrong about Reading, however can see your point as they will have no pressure on them and of course the result is not a full gone conclusion. However still think we will bag the three points.I look forward to safety and all of the players we will be linked with in the Summer. [/quote]

To say that Holt had a poor CV before he came to us is disrespectful and inaccurate.   He has had a prolific career in the lower leagues and this is what prompted us to get him.   Lower league football is not sh*t.    The League 1 campaign we had was terrific.  You make it sound like you are an expert on football and the rest of us know nothing,  but you come across as someone with a big chip on their shoulder about the club and its fans.   I wonder why?[/quote]Lake District, I apologies Grant Holt didn''t have a shit CV before

coming to us, what i meant to get across in my point was the clubs he

had been at doesn''t not warrant this big time charlie attitude he

portrays. The only other club he has been at that I would classify as a

decent sized club is Forest. He was prolific in the lower leagues and

was a perfect signing for us in League One.

Darren Huckerby had been at Nottingham Forest, Newcastle, Leeds and Manchester City and never once showed the City fans the kind of disrespect or arrogance that Grant (fat boy) Holt has shown in recent times.

Well for what it''s worth i think he will leave in the summer and that his relationship with the club and the fans has been damaged too much to repair. Of course he has to take some of the blame for that, but equally so do the fans for reacting the way they have to his peformances as a lone striker. These were an absolutely critical part of the successes we have had this season and will be the one reason we stay up this season - if we do. Unfortunately, too many couldn''t see it, only looked at his goal return, and conveniently ignored the fact that he was absent from many of the defeats in our bad run.

That has understandably irritated him, but he has let this affect his performances on his return from injury, and this has seen him dropped, which he also hasn''t reacted well to performance wise. Coming off the bench has never really been his thing (not forgetting Anfield last season!). Add to that having his family relocate North, whatever the valid reasons, can''t help him. He''s a family guy who probably needs his family around him to be happy, as would any father. All in all, it seems a parting of the ways would be best for all concerned and a swap with Hooper wouldn''t be a disaster. Hooper is young and can still improve and will be keen and raring to go, rather than a jaded and irritated Holt.

[quote user="a1canary"]

Well for what it''s worth i think he will leave in the summer and that his relationship with the club and the fans has been damaged too much to repair. Of course he has to take some of the blame for that, but equally so do the fans for reacting the way they have to his peformances as a lone striker. These were an absolutely critical part of the successes we have had this season and will be the one reason we stay up this season - if we do. Unfortunately, too many couldn''t see it, only looked at his goal return, and conveniently ignored the fact that he was absent from many of the defeats in our bad run.

That has understandably irritated him, but he has let this affect his performances on his return from injury, and this has seen him dropped, which he also hasn''t reacted well to performance wise. Coming off the bench has never really been his thing (not forgetting Anfield last season!). Add to that having his family relocate North, whatever the valid reasons, can''t help him. He''s a family guy who probably needs his family around him to be happy, as would any father. All in all, it seems a parting of the ways would be best for all concerned and a swap with Hooper wouldn''t be a disaster. Hooper is young and can still improve and will be keen and raring to go, rather than a jaded and irritated Holt.

[/quote]A1canary, I couldn''t agree with you more. From memory you are one of the poster on here that stands out for talking a lot of sense. Its a shame the way it has gone with him because he has been great for us in the past especially last season I mean the guy was being talked up for an England call up. Look he has been effective, he gave us a dimension that few teams posses, I think most people question his footballing ability and at times he looks like a hippo attempting ballerina. Its was his side plot in the Lambert saga that has caused so much animosity between him and the fans. I have seen him out and about and his manner is not that of a legend. You wouldnt see Hucks, Roberts or Drury talking the way he does, I personally think that mold of footballer is long gone. I thought we had that in Holt but not now, its a real shame but i certainly wont be buying his  autobio.