Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

I agree with Hughton & get behind the players no matter what.

The time has come to stop moaning, booing and back the

players until the end.Everyone talks about the mistakes, if at school or workplace but rarely you get complimented on doing well.So please for the last few games don''t boo when a pass goes astray or a shot is

wide.I really do think they need the true supporters help

It won''t start on Saturday. Fickle plastics ahoy at the Emirates. More of a chance starting against London Irish. Booooooo!!!

Agreed! Get behind the lads. There will be a time for debate over next season (even over whether CH is leading us in the right direction) but that is for when the season is ended - hopefully we''ll be looking forward to another season of PL, much greater resources, competitive signings, the impact of RVW and others.... I think it will be an exciting time to be a fan of the Canaries.

[quote user="Marmaduke"]It won''t start on Saturday. Fickle plastics ahoy at the Emirates. More of a chance starting against London Irish. Booooooo!!![/quote]

I''m afraid nobodies coming across quite as much a ''fickle plastic'' as yourself, Mungo. Sorry there, forgot how to spell ''Marmaduke''.

Saturday is a hard one for me, our season wont be judged on how we do at Arsenal but how we do at Stoke and at home to West Brom and Reading. If we play two forwards in those games he will have a lot more support from me than if its the standard boring one up top

Our season will be judged on how we do over the 38 games. Arsenal is 1/38 just as Stoke is. Each of the 6 points we already have from Arsenal and Man Utd are worth the same as each of the other 29 points.

Will we be allowed to stand when getting behind the team?

Sorry but it works both ways. Just like some of the players missing out on selection the club decided it didn''t want a 12th man any more.

Now bring on the seating brigade to tell me there can be just as good atmosphere sitting.

I''ll be more positive when mr Hughton decides to be more positive! Lets not talk up every opponent as if we have no right to be on the same pitch! Lets set up with a positive formation and actually try and win our remaining games rather than just trying not to lose them! Do that and I''ll sing and shout till my voice is gone!

Oddly enough, I think he WAS trying to win against Swansea - and if Kamara had scored that near tap-in, we would probably have done so.  Rather than negative tactics, I think he reasoned that trying to outscore a team noted for their possession was less likely with 4 in midfield than competing there with 5 and hitting them on the break.  If it had come off, which nearly did, we would be pretty much home and dry.  As it is, a point earned - we all wanted 3 and nearly got them.

It is simplistic to think that 4-4-2 is necessarily more attacking than 4-5-1 anyway. It depends on how the players move forward.

Bottom line is that it''s hard to attack when you haven''t got the ball!

I''d really like to see a return of the diamond, it allows the sitting midfielder that he likes, gives wes more space to operate in, as I think he struggles off of one striker he''s never quite sure where he should be. It would also give us two up front as Kamara looked very isolated at times satuday. Our wide men too don''t generally hug the touch line so I think it would suit the players we have. Unfortunately though mr Hughton seems to go flat 442 or 4231 very frustrating!

[quote user="Dibs"]The time has come to stop moaning, booing and back the players until the end.

Everyone talks about the mistakes, if at school or workplace but rarely you get complimented on doing well.

So please for the last few games don''t boo when a pass goes astray or a shot is wide.

I really do think they need the true supporters help

[/quote]

Well said. 

OTBC!

now you''ve gotta believe us.....: I''d really like to see a return of the diamond
I wouldn''t. The premier league still has an obsession with wing-play and crossing, which is precisely what the diamond struggles to deal with. If the full-backs were faster and more agressive in their positioning, then it might be OK, but as long as English football remains obsessed with wingers (and don''t expect it to change, it''s been this way since the foundation of the football league) then the diamond will probably never be used to great success in this country. 
Norwich were an exception under Lambert because they had almost no genuine wide midfielders and their most talented player was a trequartista who played his best football in a diamond. Now though, Norwich have three very good wide midfielders (and there our rumours of them bringing in more) and a switch to a 4-2-3-1, which gets the best out of both your wide-players and your playmaker, makes sense. It also offers far more protection to the full-backs, which in the premier league is vitally important.

Rubbish!!!!! For a team like Chelsea who have matta, Oscar, and hazard, a 4231 works, for us it doesn''t! None of our wide players are quick enough to get up and support our lone striker. Wes gets lost as he not sure whether he should be in the midfield or right up top. This is exactly why we''ve struggled so badly to score goals. At times Saturday Kamara was trying to chase his own flick ons!

now you''ve gotta believe us.....:
Rubbish!!!!! For a team like Chelsea who have matta, Oscar, and hazard, a 4231 works, for us it doesn''t! None of our wide players are quick enough to get up and support our lone striker. Wes gets lost as he not sure whether he should be in the midfield or right up top. This is exactly why we''ve struggled so badly to score goals. At times Saturday Kamara was trying to chase his own flick ons!
You claim that our players aren''t fast enough to play the 4-2-3-1, yet use Chelsea as an example? Oscar and Mata aren''t exactly speed demons themselves. I would argue that the isolation of our strikers is more down to our defensive plan involving lying deep, often meaning that when the ball is played up the wide-players are in a deep position and need time to reach the striker, this is where the striker becomes vital as he needs to hold up and protect the ball well. That and a inability to control possession. Despite this, I seriously doubt that any formation would work as well as a 4-2-3-1 with our current squad.
Anyway the relative strengths/weaknesses of our tactical plans and the use of the 4-2-3-1 is beside the point. You stated you wanted us to play a diamond, I suggested reasons why a diamond formation would be detrimental to the team, where is your counter-argument to these points? All you''ve done is point out the weaknesses in our current formation. Why would a return to the diamond be beneficial to our team? That''s what I want you to answer. 

Speed isn''t always in the legs, they have 3 of the most intelligent footballers in the world playing, behind a physical and pacey, front man in Ba. Never mind them. I disagree, with the players we have I still think the diamond fits their attributes best. Johnson/Tetty/fox at the base, Snodgrass on the right, pilkington/Johnson on the left with wes at the tip. Wes clearly makes our team tick, but he needs two strikers to be occupying the defenders to find room to operate. Our wide players as I''ve said tend to play pretty narrow anyway so the shape is their, this would allow room for Garrido and preferably Whitaker to push on. I do agree though that the mentality of the team is to sit quite deep, due to our negative defensive minded manager, I''d just like to see it given a go! What is it 1 win in 15 it couldn''t hurt especially against someone like Reading.

now you''ve gotta believe us:
I disagree, with the players we have I still think the diamond fits their attributes best. Johnson/Tetty/fox at the base, Snodgrass on the right, pilkington/Johnson on the left with wes at the tip. Wes clearly makes our team tick, but he needs two strikers to be occupying the defenders to find room to operate. Our wide players as I''ve said tend to play pretty narrow anyway so the shape is their, this would allow room for Garrido and preferably Whitaker to push on.against someone like Reading.
But we still have the issue in the wide areas. You''re leaving the full-backs extremely vulnerable, particularly when playing two out and out wide players in a diamond. As I''ve mentioned before, wing-play is still very highly regarded in the PL and all I can see happening is Norwich getting murdered down the flanks with your line-up. If we had to go diamond, we''d have to do it properly, with shuttling midfielders playing slightly off-center rather than actual wide players and aiming to control possession of the ball thanks to our advantage in the middle of the pitch.  I also can''t advise playing a diamond when we are so weak at left-back. Garrido is not attacking enough to play as a full-back in a diamond. I also find your comment regarding Wes absolutely bizarre. At no point in this season has Wes struggled to find space to operate, his movement naturally means that he appears all over the pitch meaning he has plenty of space to operate in. Actually I''d argue he has more as the 2 wide-players are extremely comfortable at moving into central areas, allowing Hoolahan to go wide when he wants. The 2 holding midfielders also means that Hoolahan can get away with more ''risky'' maneuvers as he has plenty of defensive cover if he loses the ball.