Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

From a neutral perspective...

I was interested to read the views of other fans. All felt we had the weakest squad apart from Reading and that CH had worked a minor miracle. A Newcastle fan felt we should let him spend before judging him as he only had a shoestring budget. Another marvelled at our complaining given that we were L1 only three seasons ago. All felt we had over achieved and punched above our weight and now need investment. And one even went so far as to say our position given the quilts of our players made CH one of the best managers despite odd tactics... Just saying...

Talksport were discussing who "deserved" the third relegation spot. Concensus was that it was one of the teams that don''t even attempt to play attractive football. Namely Sunderland, Stoke or ourselves. Wigan, Villa and Newcastle at least attempt to entertain their fans. Can''t really argue with that, CH has transformed us in to the poor man''s Stoke.

what a ridiculous statement.

because villa ''have a go'' they don''t deserve to go down.

those who deserve to go down are those who have the least amount of points.

it was villas choice to appoint lambert, it was their choice to give him his budget, and it was their choice to allow him to only sign and play youngsters while letting bent rot on the bench and having his value take a nose dive.

if they go down. they deserve to go down, the same with wigan, newcastle (think pardew will keep them up though.) stoke sunderland and even soton.

[quote user="Marmaduke"]Talksport were discussing who "deserved" the third relegation spot. Concensus was that it was one of the teams that don''t even attempt to play attractive football. Namely Sunderland, Stoke or ourselves. Wigan, Villa and Newcastle at least attempt to entertain their fans. Can''t really argue with that, CH has transformed us in to the poor man''s Stoke.[/quote]

Regrettably you have a point

[quote user="Marmaduke"]Talksport were discussing who "deserved" the third relegation spot. Concensus was that it was one of the teams that don''t even attempt to play attractive football. Namely Sunderland, Stoke or ourselves. Wigan, Villa and Newcastle at least attempt to entertain their fans. Can''t really argue with that, CH has transformed us in to the poor man''s Stoke.[/quote]

you reading this Nutty Nigel?!?

Whoever goes down, deserves to go down. As simple as that, if it''s us or not...

Herman wrote the following post at 2013-04-08 10:43 PM:

No he hasn''t.

Another well thought out, intelligent and intellectual reply! What university did you study at mate, your comprehension is amazing!

I''m sure Chelsea fans were moaning a lot when they parked the bus against Barca and then Bayern and ended up winning the champions league. I bet all the fans would much rather they went out in the group stages but had played nice football.

Ridiculous sentiments. "Attractive" football is purely subjective. Personally, I prefer a master class of defending just as much, if not more, than Lambert style gung-ho attack. Does that mean that Villa "deserve" to go down because they can''t defend?

There are loads of different tactics, why is one way better than another? If we get enough points to stay up, I really couldn''t care less how we do so, nor will I ever. Success over ''nice attacking football'' every time for me.

Added to that, I have just as much (if not more) respect for clubs who take average players, drill them, foster a great team ethic, get them incredibly well organised and scrap their way to points as I have for clubs who go out and buy expensive superstars who can pass normal teams off the park.

Just ask Newcastle fans about the Kevin Keegan gung ho era. They still talk about not minding winning anything, but loving the attractive football.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Herman wrote the following post at 2013-04-08 10:43 PM:

No he hasn''t.

Another well thought out, intelligent and intellectual reply! What university did you study at mate, your comprehension is amazing![/quote]

It''s no less or more intelligent or intellectual than a lot of posts on here mate, and if you think that shows a lack of comprehension, then you''re the stupid one aren''t you?

"City 2nd"Herman wrote the following post at 2013-04-08 10:43 PM:

No he hasn''t.

Another well thought out, intelligent and intellectual reply! What university did you study at mate, your comprehension is amazing!

The world beating University of Kho Samui. Go KSU!!

Will people just stop quoting talk sport - its utter rubbish, scum of the airwaves it really is. Like a lot of the tabloids their pieces are rarely properly researched. The majority of their hosts have no expert knowledge and just love the sound of their own voice.

They are often far from neutral.

I know quite a few fans of other teams, most actually feel they want us to stay up because they like to see ''honest'' teams do well. We are not backed by huge financiers like Southampton, QPR or the Wigans of this part of the league.

Interestingly the also like Hughton and feel that whilst he does try to get the team playing positively we are not good enough yet to play the way he wants us too.

One final thing most of them add - we over achieved last season. The tail end of last season was a pretty poor run and they believe a lot was achieved on the wave of momentum earlier in the season.

I think it''s hard to disagree with that.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Marmaduke"]Talksport were discussing who "deserved" the third relegation spot. Concensus was that it was one of the teams that don''t even attempt to play attractive football. Namely Sunderland, Stoke or ourselves. Wigan, Villa and Newcastle at least attempt to entertain their fans. Can''t really argue with that, CH has transformed us in to the poor man''s Stoke.[/quote] Will people just stop quoting talk sport - its utter rubbish, scum of the airwaves it really is. Like a lot of the tabloids their pieces are rarely properly researched. The majority of their hosts have no expert knowledge and just love the sound of their own voice. They are often far from neutral. I know quite a few fans of other teams, most actually feel they want us to stay up because they like to see ''honest'' teams do well. We are not backed by huge financiers like Southampton, QPR or the Wigans of this part of the league. Interestingly the also like Hughton and feel that whilst he does try to get the team playing positively we are not good enough yet to play the way he wants us too. One final thing most of them add - we over achieved last season. The tail end of last season was a pretty poor run and they believe a lot was achieved on the wave of momentum earlier in the season. I think it''s hard to disagree with that.[/quote]

this "poor" tail end which contained an away win at Spurs, a win vs A.Villa and away draw at Arsenal and a good draw vs Everton may well turn out to be a lot better than the end of this one?!

City 2nd

I''ve just got this horrible feeling that the first part of your poster name is:

"All other teams 1st"

"City 2nd"

GJL. Look at the stats from the Leicester game onwards. It WAS poor. Just face facts. Villa was a dead rubber. And there were some awful losses.

Six Pack wrote the following post at 2013-04-09 4:54 AM:

City 2nd

I''ve just got this horrible feeling that the first part of your poster name is:

"All other teams 1st"

"City 2nd"

Another poster with such intelligent and intellectual intuition. Why don''t you concentrate on being constructive rather than worry about me! Oh sorry, you don''t have the brain for that, would imagine you are a huge disappointment to so many!

Herman wrote:

I doubt you even know where that is, but thanks for the rhetoric!

I cannot believe that anyone listens to Talksport, let alone uses it as a point of reference! I have stumbled across it on long car journeys and nearly skidded off the road in my haste to turn it off!

Hard to disagree with the fact that the quality of players we have at the club are that much poorer than everyone around us.

HOWEVER, people shouldn''t be so foolish as to believe that the quality of a teams players is the only attribute that constitutes a successful side.

Look at Man United. On paper, all their rivals have a stronger midfield and defence yet look who''s top of the league.

I''m not sure what it is that makes teams like us and United exceed expectation but I don''t feel like the quality in players has much to do with it!

[quote user="Aggy"]I''m sure Chelsea fans were moaning a lot when they parked the bus against Barca and then Bayern and ended up winning the champions league. I bet all the fans would much rather they went out in the group stages but had played nice football.

Ridiculous sentiments. "Attractive" football is purely subjective. Personally, I prefer a master class of defending just as much, if not more, than Lambert style gung-ho attack. Does that mean that Villa "deserve" to go down because they can''t defend?

There are loads of different tactics, why is one way better than another? If we get enough points to stay up, I really couldn''t care less how we do so, nor will I ever. Success over ''nice attacking football'' every time for me.[/quote]

Fully agree with this...eye of the beholder and all that

Also agree with your follow up comment

...and if we''re using Talksport as a guide to our football...sheesh!!

"City 2nd"Herman wrote:

I doubt you even know where that is, but thanks for the rhetoric!

I know exactly where it is and can probably guess why you are there.

City 2nd:

Six Pack wrote the following post at 2013-04-09 4:54 AM:

City 2nd

"All other teams 1st"

"City 2nd"

Another poster with such intelligent and intellectual intuition. Why don''t you concentrate on being constructive rather than worry about me! Oh sorry, you don''t have the brain for that, would imagine you are a huge disappointment to so many!

----------------------

I thought it was quite witty.

and if you''re asking people to worry about themselves, why the first reply to herman in the first place? it is slightly contradictory, is it not?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

you reading this Nutty Nigel?!?

[/quote]

Yes. I read the op too. Which one do you give more credence too?

Stupid question really. Anything that shows our club in a bad light floats your boat GeeJay..

But as it happens the opening post is pretty much what I hear from people. And all the neutrals I speak to love us being up here giving the odd beating toi the top four. In fact the only people who seem to wish us relegated are the supposed fans on here. Like you.