Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Adrian Durham at it again

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Could be[H]

Any other suggestions[:^)]

[/quote]

Nutty - some content/textual analysis techniques might help you in comparing any articles by Mr Durham with posts on this board if you believe he is a Pink un poster.

[quote user="Highland Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Could be[H]

Any other suggestions[:^)]

[/quote] Nutty - some content/textual analysis techniques might help you in comparing any articles by Mr Durham with posts on this board if you believe he is a Pink un poster.[/quote]

There. Much tidier[Y]

Now did Mr Durham state that we wouldn''t win a game until Wigan at home?

I totally agree Highland which is why I picked out those fixtures which for me were big opportunities missed. Particularly the Villa game where I felt we definitely took our foot off the gas after equalising (that''s a view shared by a lot of non Norwich supporting colleagues of mine) rather than giving Villa an absolutely horrible last 10 minutes to deal with. Like I said time will tell whether that costs us. For me we should just about have enough.

[quote user="SYG"]I struggle to disagree with him though...[/quote]

Same here, but if Hughton keeps us up it was worth it. My only worry is if we go down. Then we will realise what a waste of time drab football was.... [:D]

Last season we played a cavalier style that resulted in lots of goals (for and against) and numerous swings of fortune as we came back to win games or lost leads towards the end etc.  Which made the games great to watch.

Funnily enough Durham wasn''t saying that we deserved to stay in the PL because we were playing such attractive football - instead he was saying we''d go down until that started to look stupid.

You''d almost think he has some bias against City...

Arguably you could say that Talksport rake in money from advertising, etc and it is their remit to entertain listeners...

...they''re not doing that either...year after year...sometimes it''s like they''re not even trying to entertain, etc

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

Last season we played a cavalier style that resulted in lots of goals (for and against) and numerous swings of fortune as we came back to win games or lost leads towards the end etc.  Which made the games great to watch.

Funnily enough Durham wasn''t saying that we deserved to stay in the PL because we were playing such attractive football - instead he was saying we''d go down until that started to look stupid.

You''d almost think he has some bias against City...

[/quote]

I think that adds fuel to the fire about him possibly posting on here but it doesn''t narrow it down enough to make a guess. What do you think Highland...

Someone tell me a prediction he has made about Norwich and has been proved correct in?

Exactly, and this is why you look a bit silly when you start agreeing with him.

People mentioning the games we failed to win against Newcastle and Fulham etc, well we went and beat United and Arsenal instead and gave City a huge run for their money, we can''t expect to beat ANYONE in this league

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]You''d almost think he has some bias against City[/quote]

He does - probably because he supports Peterborough!

Also, I think that as some of our supporters get so wound up by his twaddle they ACTUALLY call the premium numbers - which is really a revenue generating activity that ticks his and the radio station''s boxes - and so he continues to "fertilise" the airwaves

Also someone made the comment that we should have pushed on and won the game at Villa.

Well, I was there and remember it well.  In the first half we were looking the better side and Villa had done little until Turner/Bassong between them contrived to leave Benteke unmarked around the penalty spot for an easy finish when the ball was crossed to him.  We got at them but the first half remained poor.  Fortunately just after half time their left-back, who had been tormented by Elliot Bennett all game, finally made one too many fouls on EB and was given a second yellow card which was well deserved.  From then on Villa were backs to the wall and we piled on relentless pressure.  But as time went by it began to look like one of those days when we wouldn''t get anything.

Finally about 80 minutes Turner scored with a superb header, to massive relief and jubilation for the travelling fans.  From then on we kept control but it''s true we didn''t push on as much as we had done before the equalizer, although we still looked the better side.  But I think that''s just football - when you''ve been attacking relentlessly for over 30 minutes, and finally score, it''s only natural that the intensity level drops.  It would be very harsh IMO to be critical of the players or the manager for failing to push on and score.

It''s really the flip side of say games like Everton (both games) when we pushed on and got something extra out of the game at the death - you can''t expect that to happen every time.

Maybe Mr Durham should blame the PL for not making it a more even playing field - see the championship,- a proper competitive league. by a more equal distribution of wealth. But seeing as Talksport is Sky without pictures then he can''t be seen to critise this.