Sign in to follow this  
Kirkstall Yellow

my prediction

SoB,On that basis, a low scoring defeat at Arsenal (only being realistic given comparative recent form) and a win against Reading could mean that we will be 4 points ahead of them before our match - assuming Man Utd and QPR win. That would make things a lot less tense at the Britannia and perhaps encourage Hughton to take more risks up there rather than playing for a draw. Villa showed that they are not used to having the gaem taken to them at home.

Stoke fans seem to think our match will make or break their seasonhttp://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/212114/lose-norwich

I think people are still thinking about the league cup fixture with Villa. It was a freak result with half our 1st team out.

And there are ''cancelling-out'' games such as Stoke v Sunderland, Villa v Sunderland and Wigan v Villa. QPR might have enough to nick a win off Stoke so if we went there and got a point it would leave them in deep doo-doo.I know football is not played on paper but I wouldn''t want to be a Sunderland or Stoke fan right now looking at their fixtures. Also although Wigan always come good this time of year, they''ve got some horrible fixtures

I agree that fans of clubs like Sunderland and, in particular, Stoke, should be more anxious than us. However, the problem with games between rivals is that they are guranteed to spread either 2 or 3 points between our rivals. These two teams have better goal differences than us, so this really means that we have take matters into our own hands and not rely upon them continuing their recent form. Sunderland showed signs of improvement against Chelsea and I have a feeling that Di Canio will keep them up. Villa and Wigan have reasonably decent recent form, which reinforces the need for us to land a killer blow againts Stoke, or at the very least deny them a win. Many Stoke fans think that our match is their only real chance of winning for the remainder of the season. Of course, picking up either 2 or 3 points from the interveniong Aresenal and Reading games would ease the pressure at the Britannia significantly.

[quote user="lake district canary"]My  predictions, based on nothing other than I think that the performances will improve - especially as we get the boost of Ruddy back in the set up and I just think we will surprise a few people on Saturday.

Arsenal 1-2 Norwich
Norwich 2-1 Reading
Norwich 3-0 Villa
Stoke 0-1 Norwich
Norwich 1 - 1 West Brom
Man City 3-3 Norwich

[/quote]

Let me get this straight, so, after winning just 1 game in the last 15, taking just 10 points in those fixtures and scoring just 11 goals, you think that we''re going to to get 14 points from the last 6 games which includes trips to The Emirates, The Britannia (Stoke have only lost 3 at home all season) and The Etihad, scoring 12 goals in the process.

What on earth are you on?

Unbelievable Jeff.

Given our current form, momentum and confidence it is my regreatble view that we''ll do well to make it to 40 points. Unfortunately I think it''s more likely that we''ll fall just short of that and finish on 38/39, whether that will be enough to keep us up I don''t know.

It will heavily depend upon the outcome of matches bewteen the bottom teams, of which there are many. However, we need to take control of our own destinty and not depend upon the results of others. Grinding out 5 points from our three remining home games really shouldn''t be that tall an order given our historic home form, with the probable return of Ruddy, Tettey and Pilks. Away from home we just need to deny Stoke getting 3 points.

I think there will be one or two surprise results in City''s favour, but it''s hard to say where they might be. On the basis of current form I''d go with:

Arsenal 2-0 Norwich

Norwich 2-1 Reading

Norwich 2-2 Villa

Stoke 1-1 Norwich

Norwich 1-1 West Brom

Man City 3-0 Norwich

That would produce 41 points and survival, IMO, as I think relegated teams will be at or below 38 points.

As has been said, goal difference will also be a key. Wigan''s game-in-hand is at ManCity and they also have Arsenal away and Spurs at home, so a fair chance of City''s GD staying above theirs. Going to be tight though!

Yes - let''s hope it is all decided before the last match of the season because I dont think any of us could face a Fulham style 5-0 tonking at Eastlands and going down on goal difference.

I think goal difference could be a crucial factor come the end of the season and this Saturday it is vital that if we are to lose the scoreline remains respectable, not a Fulham like ''goal fest''. I believe our results will be:

Arsenal (Narrow defeat and a much more inspiring team performance, much like Sunderland away prior to the officials spoiling things).

Reading (Edgy, tense, nervous but ultimately crucial victory , although I am not underestimating Reading).

Stoke (Hard fought, far from pretty draw).

Villa (Draw again, but not a dire draw, there will be plenty of goals).

West Brom (Draw- our speciality).

Man City (Defeat as aiways against the money men).

So thats me 41 points and safe.....its going to be a rollercoaster ride though.

Arsenal 3-1 Norwich

Norwich 2-1 Reading

Norwich 1-1 Villa

Stoke 1-1 Norwich

Norwich 1 - 1 West Brom

Man City 4-1 Norwich

with one of the results against West Brom or Villa possibly being a loss. 5-6 points will see us safe

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Of the games you mention...

Arsenal 3-0 Norwich

Norwich 1-1 Reading

Norwich 0-2 Villa

Stoke 1-0 Norwich

Norwich 1-1 West Brom

Man City 4-0 Norwich

...are my predictions. Don''t think the Reading game is a formality like everyone thinks it will be. My predictions see us getting two more points and probably relegated on 37 points.

Don''t think we will win again this season.[/quote]

So in the whole glass half full / half empty question, your more of a smash the glass on the table and slash your wrists type of guy...

Row D,It is very difficult to project recent form forward on a linear basis because as each week of results happens the psychology of the situation changes. For instance, if we only get 1 point from Reading and Stoke, you would like to think that the adrenalin and level of risk that Hughton is willing to take would rise significantly for the last three games. Similarly, Villa may well be safe by the time we play them and how hard will Man City fight on the last day if they are confirmed in 2nd place. Even QPR nearly won away at City last year in the last game, when City were needing to win for the title, so anything is possible. There are simply too many permutations in play to make any kind of robust past form based predictions. However, the picture will become brutally clearer as each week elapses.