Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rider

MEEKY YOU'RE A STAR!!!

Re thread.....''Thomas Helveg time to commit to canary cause''.

Well done Meeky!

Not just me then who thinks that Worthy seriously mismanaged at times last season as far as Helveg, Safri, Holt and Flem are concerned. Your comments are 100% spot on. To that I would add the failure to pair Ashton up front with leon IMMEDIATELY we signed him. No coincidence that the goals from Ashton and Mckenzie started to flow largely once that partnership had been selected. Playing the likes of Jonson and Hucks as wide men with only 1 striker or Hucks up front with Ashton was always wrong. Hucks is NOT a striker. He does not have the discipline or attributes to play as such. I have said this time and time again.    

Mind you we better put our tin hats on and duck the inevitable barrage from the Worthy fans along the lines of .....''shackell was too young / inexperienced, Safri could not have been played before as he was injured, Holt always gives 100% (great eh!), Flem will be ''quality'' next season'' etc.   

This does NOT mean that I have ever thought that we should sack Worthy. Just that he needs to take a long hard look at what he could have done better last season and puts that into practice starting early August.

On what premise are you saying that Hux isn`t a striker,  Rider ?    while its not saying a lot ,he IS  an equal scorer  to the " strikers "  like Mackenzie  and Francis !   and  his lot was to be  stuck out there on the left flank !!     ... whats more  , without his assists  those " strikers "  would be lucky to have more than two goals to their name  , yeah , say it like it is eh ?

Some simple facts :-

total goals              appearances

Hucks                104                       374

Francis               29                         194

Mackenzie           85                         301

At least 44 of Hucks goals were  when he played for prem clubs ..... not a striker ??    give me strength !!!

[quote]Re thread.....''Thomas Helveg time to commit to canary cause''. Well done Meeky! Not just me then who thinks that Worthy seriously mismanaged at times last season as far as Helveg, Safri, Holt and Fle...[/quote]

Thanks Yellow, as you quite rightly pointed out, there were so many other things which went wrong as well. I just feel that we could have probably survived last season if players were handled properly. It was a big learning curve for management/players and fans alike last season and I would hope that the management team will have learned from it. My other thought is that the coaching staff could do with a bit of freshening up, and we have one of the brightest young coaches in the land coaching the kids. What harm can it do to get Dave Williams more involved with the first team?

Worthy was too slow to learn. but i think he has learnt now. Shacks, Helveg and Safri all played out the end of the season. I can make no excuses for why Flem was played for every match but i still think Worthy would know better if there will be a next time round

[quote]Worthy was too slow to learn. but i think he has learnt now. Shacks, Helveg and Safri all played out the end of the season. I can make no excuses for why Flem was played for every match but i still th...[/quote]

Careful Northern Canary and everyone, or the pro Worthy, brown nose mob, will start on you too, for for even suggesting NW has some failings.

Trust me, I damn well know!.  

Huckerby himself has said that he is not a natural finisher and therefore would not conside himself an out and out goalscorer. He gets in goalscoring positions because of his pace but if he could finish like Leon or Ashton he would have had lots more goals last season!

Has Worthy learned enough about the Premiership to survive after we get there again next season?

[quote]Huckerby himself has said that he is not a natural finisher and therefore would not conside himself an out and out goalscorer. He gets in goalscoring positions because of his pace but if he could fini...[/quote]

I would have to  hear Hucks  actually say he`s not a natural striker  , live on TV  , before I believed he actually said that !     , the  tabloid media  invents all kinds of crap  , you should know that !   .... 

The  reality of last season  is that Hux IS   level to our , so called , strikers ,  in goals scored , AND he  assisted in most of the goals scored  by the likes of Mackenzie and Francis ...  to imagine  that this is not the truth  is to  deny the evidence of your own eyes !  

Without Hucks   we would  have been finished in the prem by February   , and thats being kind !!!  

[quote]I would have to hear Hucks actually say he`s not a natural striker , live on TV , before I believed he actually said that ! , the tabloid media invents all kinds of crap , you should know t...[/quote]

Totally agree sheded - Hux does miss chances but leon misses as many and creates fewer assists for the team generally.  The sooner Worthy learns how to best use Hux the better.

OTBC

I really don''t think Huckerby''s best position is as an out and out striker because if he plays up front he is more easily marked by defenders so he drops deep to get the ball which means we only then have one man up front. If he doesn''t drop deep then he can''t go on his runs which are so deadly. Play him in midfield or just behind the front two in a free role where he can cause havoc!!!

[quote]I really don''t think Huckerby''s best position is as an out and out striker because if he plays up front he is more easily marked by defenders so he drops deep to get the ball which means we only then ...[/quote]

I would tend to agree with that position for Hucks !   certainly better than  being stuck on the left wing ...

Just a thought on  your claim that putting Hucks  in the frontline  would  cause him to be marked  out of play ...  on the left wing he invariably has at least two defenders  marking him , and he` STILL  manages to lose them ,as often as not !  the usual  procedure for defenders, is to  leg him up and concede a free kick ... but if they did this to him around the box  , with his turn of speed , a leg up just outside the box could  see Hucks land  in the back of the net !!  LOL

[quote]Careful Northern Canary and everyone, or the pro Worthy, brown nose mob, will start on you too, for for even suggesting NW has some failings. Trust me, I damn well know!.[/quote]

You call the supporters who stick by the manager the "brown nose mob"?

Classy.

You''ve gone down in my estimation.

[quote]You call the supporters who stick by the manager the "brown nose mob"? Classy. You''ve gone down in my estimation.[/quote]

Was I ever up, in it Herb?.        

Seriously, and while I don''t give a flying toss for any reputation, I may or may not have, I will apologise for my ''brown nose'' comment, as it was too harsh, I agree.

Misguided, would have been better, yes?.