Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

How many more points do you all think we would need to...

... finish in the top half?

I think we would need at least 12 which would make it a tall order. But you never know...

That''d be 4 wins then.

Reading, Stoke, Villa, ... all below us, so quite conceivable.

WBA ... possible

Arse, ManC ... unlikely, but it is football after all ...

Yeah. Go on then.

We are as close to a top half place (4 points) as we are to a relegation place

unfortunately the same cretins who spend years attacking the club for not showing any ''hambition'' are now spending all their time wailing and whining about relegation ... and ''17th place being good enough for the likes of us, guv''

as to the points we will need, it''s anyone''s guess but I would suggest that another 10 points should see us finish around 10th or 11th place

though our final place will depend as much upon whether the teams around us continue to take points off each other or whether a couple of them go on a ''winning run''

we shall see

Yes those CRETINS just should not have a say should they City1st, only people who are so blind to the fact that we have only one once in 15 games would seriously think that finshing 17th was not good result for this club this season!

These would be the same people who believe we are safe because Stoke, Sunderland, Villa and Wigan won''t make up the 4 point gap, is this the same group of people who five games back were saying we will finish in the top10 and being 9 points clear of the bottom 3 there is no way that Southampton would catch us?

Every thread you go on about history of posters with ths HAMBITION quote, well let''s take a look back to 2005 season, had we signed Ashton in the summer and not used Doc as a make shift striker and had the club not been too PRUDENT at the time we might not have dropped into the third division and into financial trouble as we did.

Let''s forget the history of where we were and look at where we are now and I would suggest that 17th, a third season in the premeirship and building on a very strong starting 11 (Including RVW) we should have a squad next season of staying clear of the bottom 3 and maybe finishing in the top 12. That would be a good season next year in my book.

Bored with your constant attack and single minded point of view, maybe the biggest troll on this board is you.

Oh blimey.

It would be great to finish 10th and we have some chance to do so. However, we have unfortunately been slipping closer and closer to the bottom three in recent weeks and so , given the circumstances, I would be content with a 17th place finish.

Now that may make me in cretin in your eyes City 1st but I would venture that may be that''s a wee bit strong.

Just out of interest how much is each place worth. Have the figure £800k in my head from last season and wondered if that had changed?

I would think it would take 12 points. If we were to convert the games we are currently drawing into wins, as we were in the autumn, then we would probably get 10 rather than the six that both our season long and our current forms suggest.. The most likely games would be WBA and Stoke. Not sure we have it in us; if it happened we might scrape into 11th or 12th. More than that would take a miracle next week and the final game at the Etihad.

[quote user="Hackedoff"]Just out of interest how much is each place worth. Have the figure £800k in my head from last season and wondered if that had changed?[/quote]

That''s the figure I have in my head too. Think it goes up next season. So if we assume that is correct it makes sense to finish as high as possible. We are 4pts from 9th and 4pts from 18th. The difference between those two extremes is 8m quid. Or another wolfswinkie!!

OOps! 4pts from 10th so the difference is just over 7m and not enough for another Wolfswinkie but certainly enough to make another big addition.

It could also be argued that 4 points from 18th and the loss of 40 million + Nutty and the loss of Wolfswinkel!

Just pointing out that none of us control the future and all outcomes are as possible! No matter how positive we all want to be, we all would love to finish in 10th place without doubt, but 1 win in 15 games is pointing towards the just scraping that 17th spot rather than 10th don''t you think?

[quote user="Indy"]

It could also be argued that 4 points from 18th and the loss of 40 million + Nutty and the loss of Wolfswinkel!

Just pointing out that none of us control the future and all outcomes are as possible! No matter how positive we all want to be, we all would love to finish in 10th place without doubt, but 1 win in 15 games is pointing towards the just scraping that 17th spot rather than 10th don''t you think?

[/quote]

That''s twice now you''ve used this thread to act out your personal gripes Indy. Now you know that I couldn''t care less because I''m just as happy pointing out that you are a thread wrecker as I am debating properly. It''s just that the double standards you are showing don''t do any favours to the image you try to portray.

Now the difference in position money paid out this season is as I stated. The higher we finish the better it is for our budget next season. Even if we are relegated it''s still better to finish 18th rather than below.

How is this a personal Gripe!!!! sensitive today Nutty? All I pointed out was that none of us know where we are headed and being positive on this board has no bearing where we finish! You said we could afford another Wolfswinkel if we finish 10th and I just pointed out that if we go the other way we could lose 40 million and Wolfswinkel! How is that having a go to wrecking this thread???????? STRANGE response.

As for City1st, yep I''m fed up with fans being refered to as Cretins and such like all the time!

Hey ho! more important things in life then pleasing people I don''t know on this board!

The problem is that some of us are using selective stats to prove a preformed opinion. The fact is that our recent form and our season long form are the same, and both predict us ending on 41 points. It is unlikely that ALL of the clubs immediately below us will get the 6 points we should get and make up the difference between us as it stands. Of course, our form from now on in could get significantly worse than a point a game, or significantly better. The games where this is most likely to show itself are our home games against WBA and Villa, and our away game against Stoke, whose fans really should be concerned. Nothing that has happened so far can give us a real clue as to which of these may happen. I tend towards thinking we will continue much as we have been, and will scrape through in 15/1 th place..

We can then get on with anticipating the new players Hughton will bring in to back up RVW, and perhaps allow ourselves to enjoy the rampant success of our youth team and the sparkling talents of the Murphy twins.

I think its safe to assume that three games this weekend, involving us, Sunderland and Stoke SHOULD end up as three defeats, therefore keeping the table pretty much as is. Villa may beat Fulham, which takes them further away. I think its the coming week which will really shape the bottom, with Sunderland at home to Everton, Stoke at QPR, Wigan at Man City Wednesday and Spurs at home Saturday, Villa at Man Utd and us at home to Reading.

I think from 10pm on Monday 22nd will you have a real clear understanding of who is in the doo doo. 4 games to go, only 12 points to play for; I hope we are on 38, hope Sunderland lose the next two to stay on 31, so to Stoke, who will stay on 33, and Villa will be on 36. Then we go to Stoke, whilst Sunderland go to Villa, then play Stoke.... Sunderland, Stoke and Villa have to take points off each other, so as long as we do our job against Reading and one other at home we are ok, I think.....

"As for City1st, yep I''m fed up with fans being refered to as Cretins and such like all the time!"

all the time ?

you are being silly and inventing things

so stop making it all personal and attacking individuals, yet again

No, you''re right. Not all the time. You''ve only done it once. So that makes it alright. Well done.

Where is the personal attack City1st?

Your the high and mighty one attacking city fans calling them cretins!

What you must remember Indy, any comments other than swooning upsets a few on here.

Even Nutty''s started it!

I have said before I don''t understand personal attacks on fellow supporters. Nobody knows who I am, what I do, what my profession is and I''m not interested in their backgrounds.

Let''s have good debates with a bit of humour thrown in if it helps.

Peace upon you all :-)

Well said Bury, what one City fans thinks is no better or worse than the next. Everyone should be allowed to air their opinions and not be subjected to being labled a CRETIN.

The funny thing is City1st doesn''t post thoughts more he subjects people into each point they raise to be explained! it normally starts with an ERR!

Nutty I don''t know why he thought I was having a personal dig as I wasn''t just pointing out that we are 4 points from making an additional 8 million or 4 points from losing 40 million..........nothing really personal there, but hey I must be one of those CRETIN FANS or maby a binner! Let''s see what City1st thinks.

They don''t like it up um Bury and it''s a shame that so many resort to personal attacks. It''s very interesting to watch how it happens,

"The funny thing is City1st doesn''t post thoughts more he subjects people into each point they raise to be explained!"

oh dear, what a funny old forum where people are expected to held accountable for what they post - as to thoughts might I suggest you read my first post on this thread.

"Where is the personal attack City1st?"

errr, this perhaps

" maybe the biggest troll on this board is you"

Errrrrrrrr that''s not a personal attack but a question!

MAY-BE - possibility or uncertainty.

Truce time from me as I have had enough of the finger pointing.

Back to the thread, does anyone really think we can win more than 1 game from the last 6? does anyone really expect more than 6 points from 6 games and last how many points do we need to be comfortable going into the last two games?

[quote user="Indy"]

Errrrrrrrr that''s not a personal attack but a question!

MAY-BE - possibility or uncertainty.

Truce time from me as I have had enough of the finger pointing.

Back to the thread, does anyone really think we can win more than 1 game from the last 6? does anyone really expect more than 6 points from 6 games and last how many points do we need to be comfortable going into the last two games?

[/quote]

I do. I think we will get 7 more points starting with 3 from the arsenal, 3 then from Reading and finially 1 point form Mr Hambition himself Lambert.  Arsenal will choke trust me, I''ve had one of those premonition thingys and we win 1-2 with two second half goals coming back from being 1-0 down at half time. you heard it here first.

number of points needed to survive this season 37 and goal difference under -22 or 38 points.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]What you must remember Indy, any comments other than swooning upsets a few on here. Even Nutty''s started it! I have said before I don''t understand personal attacks on fellow supporters. Nobody knows who I am, what I do, what my profession is and I''m not interested in their backgrounds. Let''s have good debates with a bit of humour thrown in if it helps. Peace upon you all :-)[/quote]

Bury, I don''t do personal attacks unless I receive them first. But I''m more than happy to play there! I know that''s a bit like "he started it miss" but I have never claimed to be a proper grown-up! You judged my character by my posts so I returned the favour.

As for what I earlier posted on here. Indy decided to have a ruck at City 1st and then with me but never once addressed the thread topic. Only Ron, City1st and Gorlestongirl bothered to offer an opinion. The rest of you bothered to post all kinds of stuff that there are plenty of other threads full of. And Dippity.. I''m surprised at you I thought you abhorred this sort of behaviour!

Now Bury, I know you''re a bit of a shrewdie, so how many points do you think we would need to finish top half?

"And Dippity.. I''m surprised at you I thought you abhorred this sort of behaviour!"

Calling others cretins? I do.