Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Hughtons Leadership Qualities.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

You only need to read comments from players, both past and present to realise that not only is Hughton a good leader but also a very highly respected person. Norwich managed to sign Bassong pretty much off the strenght of his respect for Hughton.

Conjecture on his character from the snippets heard in the press is very foolish - as said it is impossible to know how he is on the training ground or in the dressing room. Hughton needs time to develop his own squad - he inherited a paper thin one from Lambert which was running mainly on momentum and has done very well with limited resources in the mean time. Norwich need a bit of stability for a season or so and making another managerial change in the summer would be taking a big jump backwards as another new manager will look to build their own squad.

If a long-term vision like Swansea or effective director of football like WBA was in place managerial changes could be made with much less disruption to the first team as this isn''t in place Hughton needs to be allowed to create a squad of players - like Lambert was before him. Hughton has had a lot of success in the transfer market so far so I am more than happy for him to spend big this summer and with RVW already secured and talk of further attacking players I predict a much more exciting team next season.

[/quote]Very good post. Agree completely.

Len Shackleton''s autobiography had a chapter entitled "The average director''s knowledge of football", which consisted of a blank page. I don''t know why I thought of that.[;)]

BYG

Excellent post

However, you are potentially going to incur the wrath of the HO''s and "his lordship''s followers" with comments like:

Hughton needs time to develop his own squad - he inherited a paper thin one from Lambert which was running mainly on momentum and has done very well with limited resources in the mean time

Far too rational and reasonable for them![:D]

After some games, I have seen Hughton standing just inside the tunnel out of general view. He shakes each player''s hand as they come down the tunnel, and says something to each of them. This typical of his leadership style; easily missed because it is not ostentatious and goes on outside of the spotlight.

I''ve seen that as well, GG, and it''s the mark of a true leader. PL had similar qualities, emphasizing the players rather than himself, but it is the intelligence of CH''s considered opinions which suggests that there is a depth of vision we haven''t seen in recent managers. The man impresses me and I think he can take City to a new level.

Yes. I am glad we have a rational level headed leader at our helm. His charisma is evident yet not used to focus the spotlight on him.