Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Bumper crowd expected

.......at Poorman Rd

“It’s obviously a big game for both clubs and we should have a good crowd,” Town’s ticket office manager John Ford told the Club website.

“We’re over the 18,500 mark already and Hull will be bringing around 700 fans. I’d expect us to be close to the 20,000 mark.”

http://www.itfc.co.uk/news/article/bumper-gate-for-hull-764290.aspx

That''s 10,000 empty seats then. And tickets only a tenner too. Compare that with the 24,000+ we had in the Third Division.

My question is.....Does anyone still miss the derby games or would you rather see their slide to oblivion continue?

I know scum''s support is pitiful so I''m more surprised that Hull are only taking 700. In the box seat for second, Saturday afternoon game, journey''s a bit of a pain but could be a lot worse - not exactly impressive!

To answer your question, at the moment I''m more enjoying their slide to oblivion. Long may it continue. A reunion in the FA/League Cup one day might be fun though.

"If you don''t miss derby games, you don''t get football to be honest."

or you hide under another name to spout ridiculous twaddle

I haven''t heard one single genuine City fan show any concern that playing in the Premier League means we don''t get to play the thieving filth any more

Hull or Arsenal .... hmmmm ?

[quote user="lappinitup"]

My question is.....Does anyone still miss the derby games or would you rather see their slide to oblivion continue?

[/quote]You should know better than to ask a silly question Lapp[;)]

I love the fact that we don''t have to mix with Ippo anymore, long may it continue!

Did anyone really enjoy the day going to Potaloo Road? Appart from the game and the great days of beating them, the rest of the day was about being hearded by the police, having to wolk through those shitty streets to the worst stand in the championship.

I really don''t miss the derby matches and much prefer going to the Emerates and other lovely grounds in the Premiership.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lappinitup"]My question is.....Does anyone still miss the derby games or would you rather see their slide to oblivion continue?[/quote]You should know better than to ask a silly question Lapp[;)][/quote]How else could I highlight their plight without getting the thread deleted or moved Ricky? [;)]

their plight ?

what can you mean ?

we are having to struggle to bring in £100m next season, where they can spend nearly £100m with out worrying

we have thr grief and expense of getting our young lads to Nottingham - they can say to their young lads ''relax, you won''t even be bothered with the hassle of having to turn out for the first team either''

we can''t even get our fans into our ground, we even have to let them down about going to away games whereas they can afford to subsidise their fans and offer them a choice of seats with plenty of space around them as well

and how much is Colney costing us as well, whereas they don''t have any of those costs, bar a bit of rent ?

I think we could all learn some jolly good lessons from our neighbours

[quote user="City1st"]

I haven''t heard one single genuine City fan show any concern that playing in the Premier League means we don''t get to play the thieving filth any more

[/quote]

I''m sorry, are you suggesting I''m a regular poster hiding under another name?

Scenes.

[quote user="Indy"]I love the fact that we don''t have to mix with Ippo anymore, long may it continue!

Did anyone really enjoy the day going to Potaloo Road? Appart from the game and the great days of beating them, the rest of the day was about being hearded by the police, having to wolk through those shitty streets to the worst stand in the championship.

I really don''t miss the derby matches and much prefer going to the Emerates and other lovely grounds in the Premiership.[/quote]

Totally agree with all of this. [Y]

ps  Is "wolk" a new sort of dance? [:^)]

[quote user="holtamania"][quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

I''m sorry, are you suggesting I''m a regular poster hiding under another name?

Scenes.

[/quote]

Why are you apologising? [:^)]  There is no need, as I''m certain he has an illness.  He must have, because he is ALWAYS like that.

No don''t miss the derby matches. Do I want to see them slide into oblivion? No. I hate to see any club go out of business. Our local rivalry is a lot of fun and most of us enjoy the ritual posturing that is all part of the joy of football. However I don''t wish to see them go out of business.

I don''t think many people miss the derby games much. It''s been great not having to play them for three out of the last four seasons.Fans of both clubs would probably not really want the other to go out of business but would enjoy watching their rivals scuffing around the Conference for a while.A bit like Watford are enjoying watching Luton squirm at the moment.