Sign in to follow this  
Rolf Harris

Youth:Nottingham Forest v Norwich

Then you clearly have little grasp of the prize money - or the limited benefits (and risks) of putting a player on the pitch who is not up to the standard required.

It''s 0-0

I agree that no players playing tonight look anywhere near ready to be involved with the first team

what a load of sh1t ! a bunch of ball hogs who are very reluctant to pass cos they are on tv and want to go it alone, the murphys are atrocious and greedy... ben wyatt at left back and carlton morris who is at least 27 are the only decent players on the pitch ... what are they doin in trainun nail ?

[quote user="AJ"]It''s 0-0 I agree that no players playing tonight look anywhere near ready to be involved with the first team[/quote]

The question though is not that they are not ready, but that they should be played even when it is accepted that they are not ready

A rather silly suggestion

Wyatt has to be my MOTM - barely put a foot wrong and not bad going forward. Need to take chances in front of goal though!

Agreed, Wyatt MOM by far. Also I would be very surprised if any of these boys will make the first team, yes there''s a lot if excitement surrounding a few if them but none really hair that cutting edge. If one was too, I''d take a guess at number 9, Morris. Looks very big and strong and if continues to develop the right way, could be a real danger in a few years

Alternatively, you can wait till they''re 21/22 and then sell them, because they''re not good enough for a squad position.

I feel that exposure to first team football, aids a player development and understanding of the game.

I didn''t say they was ready, I said it looks like a 10minute run out could do them so good, give them some things to think about and maybe get rid of the ''youthfulness''.

[quote user="Baracouda"]Alternatively, you can wait till they''re 21/22 and then sell them, because they''re not good enough for a squad position. I feel that exposure to first team football, aids a player development and understanding of the game. I didn''t say they was ready, I said it looks like a 10minute run out could do them so good, give them some things to think about and maybe get rid of the ''youthfulness''.[/quote]

They can get that exposure as they move out of the U 18''s and into the development squad and games. That what it is there for.

There are other City players coming through that squad who will benefit from stepping up to the first team - and even then that will most likely involve them going out on loan to a lower league club rather than being thrust into the Premier League.

Great Cross, dodgy finish but the handball wasn''t intentional so y''know - we''ll take that!

As for 1st team experience aiding development - these players often train with and around the first team. I believe a regular thing in training is a first team vs youth team match (I''m guessing using the first team subs/reserves)

Why would anyone expect any of these players to be near the first team? This is the under 18s, there are older youth players than these and if any are close to the first team picture, they would logically be the ones.

[quote user="City1st"]

" ITV 4 tonight 7.45 ko Nottingham Forest v Norwich  "

blimey, you would have thought someone would have said something earlier

started a thread perhaps

[/quote]I posted this at 12:07?

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]Why would anyone expect any of these players to be near the first team? This is the under 18s, there are older youth players than these and if any are close to the first team picture, they would logically be the ones.[/quote]

Exactly. Pretty much what Neil Adams has just said after the game.

This is about the long term development of the players and that takes time.

Ben Wyatt has been with the club since a 10 year old, sometime when we last in the Premier League so it is a case of playing the long game.  And in his case tonight playing a masterly game. Reminds me of a young Dave Stringer, definitely one for the future.

Lets just be a bit more patient.

[quote user="City1st"]

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]Why would anyone expect any of these players to be near the first team? This is the under 18s, there are older youth players than these and if any are close to the first team picture, they would logically be the ones.[/quote]

Exactly. Pretty much what Neil Adams has just said after the game.

This is about the long term development of the players and that takes time.

Ben Wyatt has been with the club since a 10 year old, sometime when we last in the Premier League so it is a case of playing the long game.  And in his case tonight playing a masterly game. Reminds me of a young Dave Stringer, definitely one for the future.

Lets just be a bit more patient.

[/quote]as he is a first year in the age group, i would guess that he is 16/17, but plays like he is much older. very skillful, but it was his composure that impressed me. he and Morris were the stand out players, and as has been said earlier, the Murphys,while being very talented on the ball, have to learn it is a team game and pass at the right time.

Wyatt is 17

Morris is 18, as are the Murphy brothers