Sign in to follow this  
Skerritt

Will the Murphy twins, Johnson or Loza make it?

one thing puzzles me. why are we playing a player from Southampton, the goalie Britt, who is with us on loan from Saints for work experience. what''s that all about, why are we training another teams player? but overall i was very impressed with our players and, hopefully, a few will make the grade with us.

I still remember the first time I saw Craig Bellamy play for City.  I think it was a home game against Man City towards the end of the 96/97 season when he was not yet 18 and he was brought on as sub.  Initially against some of their giants he looked tiny (he''s not the tallest now but this was while he was still growing !) but it was quickly apparent that he had something special about him and even in that game he was able to do some useful things and hold his own.  An exceptional talent.

The next season he was playing for us regularly and tore apart the Div 1 defences with his pace and skill.  When he was put through one-on-one with the goalkeeper, you could relax in the knowledge that he would score.  Which is not something you can often say about a striker for us.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

I still remember the first time I saw Craig Bellamy play for City.  I think it was a home game against Man City towards the end of the 96/97 season when he was not yet 18 and he was brought on as sub.  Initially against some of their giants he looked tiny (he''s not the tallest now but this was while he was still growing !) but it was quickly apparent that he had something special about him and even in that game he was able to do some useful things and hold his own.  An exceptional talent.

The next season he was playing for us regularly and tore apart the Div 1 defences with his pace and skill.  When he was put through one-on-one with the goalkeeper, you could relax in the knowledge that he would score.  Which is not something you can often say about a striker for us.

[/quote]

Best at the club for that buddy![:)] Probably ever!!  I had even more confidence in him than SuperMac!!

I was at Selhurst Park the day Bellars made his debut, his quality was immediately obviously.

I think someone else made their debut that day too (both came on as subs I think) but my memory is failing me. Any ideas? I want to say Drew Broughton, but I''m far from sure.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[/quote]

Best at the club for that buddy![:)] Probably ever!!  I had even more confidence in him than SuperMac!!

[/quote]Whoa! Nigel. Maybe as good but I wouldn''t say better. I can''t remember seeing Ted ever miss.

The Boyer/MacDougall combination was something special. Hopefully, some of this crop of youth players will go on to make it like many of their counterparts did a generation ago.

Having watched the previous 2 rounds as well as last night, I can understand the hype surrounding the Murphy''s but i''m not 100% they''ll make it.

The reason is simply their decision making is sorely lacking, they try to take to long or will try and worldie pass to look for each other, that said they clearly have talent and pace and hopefully they can mature and have a future.

I''ve been impressed with Morris, looks a real handful, give him another year or two and I think he''ll have a real chance.

The same can be said of Hall-Johnson and Ben Wyatt, both look nice and composed and with Hall Johnson, i''m excited by the prospect of a quick ball carrying midfielder. Something we have been lacking for a number of years.

But alas who knows where these players will be in 3 years time. Just look at the Jarvis boys. Built up to be the next big thing, and unfortunately not able to live up to the billing.

(I would have said Kris Renton but i''ve no idea where he is now!)

It''s too early to tell whether any of these lads will make it. They all have a good skills set, as do many lads. Not sure how any of you can form a view on the basis of what you have seen in one game and without knowing the boys concerned.

Having worked with young players my experience is its all about their mental attitude. Some lads of their age will think they have it all and need do little more to improve, the clever ones will realise that at the moment they are miles off the mark and are going to work damn hard to even be considered for a pro contract. It''s all down to their heads now not their feet. If they work their nuts off on the things that I am sure Neil is telling hem they have a chance, no more than that of playing pro football. This is a talented group of boys, brilliant for the club, lets hope the work ethic is there and the mental attitude is right so that they and NCFC can get the best possible outcome!