Sign in to follow this  
Skerritt

Will the Murphy twins, Johnson or Loza make it?

Can you see these players making it into the first team someday or do you think they will turn out like Chris Martin?

From what I''ve saw they look very talented and all have speed and composure on the ball but is it enough to cut it at the level we are at?

The Murphy twins have got shed loads of potential, would not be supprised to see both make the step up to senior football at this level in the future.

As for the rest there are some youngsters who have the chance but it will depend on how much they want it.

I can definately see the Murphy twins doing well; think the next step-up for them will be some good game time with the first team during the pre-season friendlies in the Summer. Bit too early and too much too to play for this season to see them in the Prem. Liked our left back too, definate potential. Hard to say if they could turn out like Martin; you could argue that Martin has done well, he has made a career out of football and it certainly pays the bills, however he has not followed the path his early potential promised. Neil Adams seems the right guy to keep the current talent grounded, so hopefully their focus can remain a bit clearer than Martin''s did.

Watched the game last night and didn''t think much to the Murphy twins. I saw them run with the ball a lot and lose it most of the time. Someone enlighten me?

From what i have seen all 4 of those mentioned have a chance. They all look to have good natural technique and ability and also pace which gets you a long way in football. I actually thought Hall-Johnson looked the best player in our team last night once he grew into the game, particularly when he made surges forward.

Watching the Murphy''s last night was both hugely encouraging and a bit frustrating in equal measure. Encouraging because its clear we have two players on our hands who are blessed with pace and natural ability in abundance and who are happy to run at players and take them on. If we can bring them through to realise heir obvious potential then they could clearly have a big impact for our club and save/make us some decent money in the process. However, watching them was also frustrating because they still play a bit in the manner of the kid at school who knows he''s the best footballer in the class and thus tries to beat every man on the pitch and score a wondergoal every time he gets the ball. I don;t know if this was more evident last night than usual as the game was on TV so all of them were no doubt desperate to impress but based on he evidence of last night that is where our coaches need to focus in order to get them ready for a crack at the first team.

I assume Loza must be just too old for the U18s or is he injured? He has also looked to have goo potential when i have seen him play.

"now you''ve gotta believe us....."The lad up front Morris looked ok, they''re all very young still so lets not judge them just yet!

Aye from last nights viewing he certainly has potential. Looks to have a good footballing brain.Bit early doors to properly judge but I will keep an eye out for him.

I''m not being negative, it''s just an opinion on the four lads mentioned.

I said in another thread I feel the number 9, Morris has the best chance of making it.

There was a lot of promise shown there last night, particularly from the defenders, and sad to think most of them won''t actually make it through to the professonal ranks.

The Murphy''s look to be something else on the ball, especially Jacob last night, but there was almost zero end product. It will come.

They and a few others are likely to succeed no doub. If they don''t then one has to wonder how some of the real duds who we have had play for us in the past did make it. Off the top of my head I can think of the infamous Dean Coney, Keith Scott and even the much-loved Hoozey. There must be a lot of others.

The commentary was enthusiastic to say the least. Reference to Ronaldo, Holty and even the £8m wonder-flop from down the road was getting rather carried away IMO. At least it was refreshingly "Boy''s Own" tough  and better than putting up with the likes of Roy Keane & Co.

Nevertheless brave broadcasting from ITV as they are unlikely to get much advertising revenue from an audience which was probably unlikely to excede 200, 000.

Edit: I retract all mention of Andy Hughes as I am feeling rather delicate today and would not be able to take the flack.    

Sadly, I can only see it being the same as always.

Prospect

Loaned out

Sold

Rinse, repeat.

I hope I''m wrong though, I really do. Its just that they can''t get ahead of anybody in the current team, will getl loaned out, either not make it and be sold, or make it at championship/league 1 and still be sold for some cash.

You shouldn''t judge the Murphy''s just on last nights performance. Granted, neither of them were brilliant, but I think there was certainly an element of trying too hard for the TV cameras in their performances, I don''t think the pitch really helped either. They''re both clearly very talented and have frightening pace, the rest will come with experience.

Thought Morris looked the part, big, strong, good feet and decent pace, he can clearly finish too although he didn''t get the chance to demonstrate that last night. My man of the match was Ben Wyatt at LB, thought he was outstanding all night.

The chances of youth players making into the Norwich City first team are of course very slim, especially while the club is in the Premier League and moving upwards. The Murphy boys need to go out on loan next season, just so they can get use to playing against older players and feel the pressure of truely competitive games.

Even if players don''t make it for Norwich, if the club can get a transfer fee out of them then it has to be considered a success - this income can keep the academy ticking along and contiuning to search for a player capable of making an impact in the first team and Premier League.

Last night was the first time I have seen the boys play.

I think the Murphy twins are very capable of having a good football career. At the moment I would say they show a lack of maturity and there was a few times when the pass should of been played earlier.

Morris looked solid, very Holt like but 14 years younger!

Also agree with whoever said Wyatt looked good, for me he kept it simple, played well did some good running and made some decisive tackles, so hope he continues to progress.

On a tangent, thought Neil Adams came across well, even when facing question about the handball for the goal. Glad he is with the club!

[quote user="SYG"]None will make the first team[/quote]

It''s simply not possible to tell at this stage. Yes we have seen many supposed future stars end up in League 1 but this group does seem to have a bit about them. Although they were a bit disjointed and nervous last night, i still think they were head and shoulders above Forest in terms of composure and ability. What did show up less well last night was their decision making which reflects their age and inexperience as much as anything. It maybe a lazy comparison but i thought Hall-Johnson had more than a touch of the Alex Tetteys about him - strong, direct, effective and the Murphy twins clearly have ability. Defenders are perhaps harder to judge but Toffolo looks to have potential. What has happened to Francombe incidentally. Is he still in Scotland? Have we let him go?

But like i say, you just can''t tell when they are this age. You just have to make you choices in terms of who should get a crack with pro contracts and see if they pop.

Can''t believe some of the negative stuff I am reading on here.  We have to give it time. I thought the whole team played well but the standouts for me, as others have touched on were, Wyatt, McGeehan, Hall-Johnson, Morris and the Murphy twins.  This is all about potential and I am certain some of these guys will develop to the point of first team football but that will take time.  I think this all bodes really well for the future and that''s exactly what this is all about.   I was delighted to hear that young Wyatt has been with the club since he was 10 years old!  This is similar to Barcelona where their players are developed at an early age and have been playing together for years (Messi has been there since he was 13).  In Nov last year they fielded a side based on their academy alumni players (http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/eleven-la-masia-graduates-on-the-pitch) and last night fielded 6 with Messi, Iniesta,  Xavi Hernandez, Pique, Alba, Fabregas & Valdes.  That''s the model we need to follow and I am pleased that we seem to be heading down that route.  Clearly it will take time for the system to bear fruit and I am not saying that the crop will be as plentiful as Barcelona but there is no doubt that they are doing well at their level and we need patience and provide nothing but support for these youngsters.

This is definitely one of the better groups of young players we''ve had in recent times -especially in comparison to some of the very mediocre lads we''ve had who have been so very overrated by some on here.

However, obviously there is a very long way to go for all of them. Clearly there is a difference between being able to look a good player at youth level and looking a good player against hardened pros who won''t take kindly to being made to look silly by a bit of fancy footwork.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

The chances of youth players making into the Norwich City first team are of course very slim, especially while the club is in the Premier League and moving upwards. The Murphy boys need to go out on loan next season, just so they can get use to playing against older players and feel the pressure of truely competitive games.

Even if players don''t make it for Norwich, if the club can get a transfer fee out of them then it has to be considered a success - this income can keep the academy ticking along and contiuning to search for a player capable of making an impact in the first team and Premier League.

[/quote]

Nail on the head Beth. Think back to the team that won the youth cup in 1983. Pearce, Godbold, Spearing, Crowe, McIntyre, Goss, Donowa, Rigby, Clayton, O''Connor, Riley.

Metcalf.

I think only Goss and Donowa went on to play in the top division. Although some others had professional careers at a lower level. And that was at a time before the clubs were full of foreign players.

Having said all that I''m proud when any of our youth players get a professional contract. Where ever that is should be a feather in the cap for our academy and not a stick to beat it with as often happens on here.

Yup to follow on from these posts, people harp on about big clubs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham being main culprets, who dont play English players or never actually use thier youth prospects.However, just look around the leagues and see how many players in or around Championship level started at a big club, Arsenal especially. This can only be good for the game and for youth development. As shown, if the Murphys make it, great stuff. If not then we could be looking at an extra 1m in the coffers as they head off.People also seem to forget the likes of Korey Smith, is he now forgotten and in the "former player" bracket already ?

The Murphy twins will make it at some level. Last night they clearly looked a level above ability-wise but it very much looked like the star player at school situation where they tried doing it alone. They need to learn how to play in tough situations & when to pass, move etc. a loan next season would be ideal as the talent & work ethic is definitely there.

Wow SYG hate to see you when you are negative. To simply claim that offering a negative opinion is not being negative because it ''just offering an opinion'' is simply barking.

"The Murphy''s look to be something else on the ball, especially Jacob last night, but there was almost zero end product. It will come."

The twins have been scoring and assisting week in, week out at under-21/development/Norfolk Senior Cup level. Last night was really a step down from their normal playing level despite their age.

Only saw the seond half but great to see the youngsters on national TV! They were new to me and I thought several did look promising. I liked Morris, Wyatt, Hall-Jonson and Rod Young in particular at the end. Had heard about the Murphys, but they didn''t stand out for me other than making more mistakes than many others. Free kick towards the end summed it up with everyone in the box and sending it way wide and over, but that will come with more games and regular playiong at a higher level, there is obvious potential if handled well. Neil Adams came across well, steady hand and well spoken. The most telling thing for me is that he thought it was not a good performance so that indicates to me we didn''t get to see a true measure of the potential. But there are clearly some good players in there and it would be great to see them develop more and nudge towards the first team squad.

The problem the academy has is looking for youngsters good enough for the EPL when just a few years ago ''lesser'' players would have had a possibility to make the first team.

Those mentioned clearly have a future in professional football but I fear it may be a few years until we see an academy player make the step up to first team football, I''ll gladly be proved wrong though!

PKC

Wow SYG hate to see you when you are negative. To simply claim that offering a negative opinion is not being negative because it ''just offering an opinion'' is simply barking.

All I said was, I can''t see the four boys mentioned making it into our first team. I''m not saying they won''t make it as a career elsewhere. And my opinion is Morris looked the most likely to make it here. No negativity at all

An interesting question but perhaps a more expedient question is, will any of our seven 18 to 21 year olds make it?  Many will perhaps find it odd that we only have seven (who are not in the 1st Team Squad).  In fact before the start of the season we only had one, Mike Clunan who became of age this season. Even Loza had been let go and was pulled back from West Ham (by the way he is too old for the U18s).  Having been to see the U21s play regularly my answer would be Yes, there are some handy players here, all of whom will make their living within football, whether that will be at NCFC or indeed the Prem we shall need to wait and see.  Of course having only seven ''age group'' players has meant the U21s when not featuring 1st Team players are required to field U18 players, so their learning curve is steep as they will often find themselves up against opposition 1st team regulars coming back from injury or getting a run out.

The players in question, besides the two already mentioned are; two good central defenders, one of whom is only 18, in Gafaiti and Sheriff, a very strong and talented central/holding midfield player, who can play almost anywhere in Durojaiye, a right back who has already played in a promotion play-off final in Scotland in McNeil, plus a keeper who is out on loan in Matthews.  Many of these youngsters also represent their countries.

So, for those of you who have not had the chance to see these guys play, then take the opportunity to do so on Monday May13th at Carrow Rd, in the Norfolk Senior Cup Final against Wroxham, tell them; Ray sent you!! Let''s hope this doesn''t clash with the FA Youth Cup Final dates, then we will get two chances to see some of the boys at work.