Sign in to follow this  
chicken

Re: Go back for Bromby

Yes but lets face it if he was unsettled there was no way David Nielsen would move to another club in this country.

Yet again this is a posting that confuses me. At the time quite a lot of people suggested that the swap wasnt worth it, and ofcourse in hindsight it would have been great to have done the deal and then see Nielsen return to Denmark. But lets face reality shall we.

It did seem quite odd that we didnt move for Bromby just after his loan spell. He effortlessly sloted into the back four and look imediately at ease (in such pressure games as the Derby game with the tractors). He is young, fast, has the obvious long throw and played for the wednesday when they were top flight and ''a good side still''. Strangely he did not feature in Turners plans last season (except a few starts after his loan) and seems just out of favour this season (I dont think he has made a squad yet). He must be begging to leave.

He would make a good long term replacement for Malky (who I personally have never rated, he didnt set the club alight when he signed from celtic and seemed to end up in the side because the players infront of him in the queue left or got injured). Having said that Malky has worn his heart on his sleve and bagged some vital goals, he has been a true legend but he may have had his time......

Yup Chicken, as per usual you are indeed correct. It would have been a great swap move but last time I checked SHEFFIELD WASN''T IN DENMARK!!! That''s why Nielsen went. And AAB (or wherever it was) are in the UEFA cup, as opposed to English Div 2, good enough reason not to want to move to Yorkshire.

By the way Chicken, I meant to reply to your posting about the Nielsen phenomenon - when he was here everyone said he was a waste of space that waved his fist and did little else. Yet when he left he was our greatest striker and Norwich got it all wrong and whatever else. Strange, but I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I agree with this view. It would immediately give us four central defenders, with a breadth of youth and experience, all with different styles and capabilities who could be rotated to suit situations and opponents. There is also the question of cover - if we lost either of Fleming or Malky now we would be very exposed. and by having Brondby and the even younger Shackell, you''ve got the future sorted out at a stroke. I''m always concerned when we don''t even have a central defender sitting on the bench, which has been the case for the past fdew games.

After the excellent work of the last week - come on NCFC - we all want him - go get Bromby!