Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Sky's final live fixtures

Anyone know when sky will announce the last set of live games. As I have a sneaking suspicion that the game game against villa will be moved so dont wanna book train tickets too early.

There will be a big focus on the relegation league, defo Villa and Stoke games will be on IMO

I may well be wrong but I thought the televised games had to be confirmed by the TV companies at least four weeks before the fixture dates. As it is we are less than four weeks from the Aston Villa weekend and only just over four weeks from the WBA weekend.

That''s a good point but McNally did tweet that they would be announced this week.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I may well be wrong but I thought the televised games had to be confirmed by the TV companies at least four weeks before the fixture dates. As it is we are less than four weeks from the Aston Villa weekend and only just over four weeks from the WBA weekend.[/quote]
You are most likely correct but it wouldn''t surprise me if there is some type of clause in there. It also wouldn''t surprise me if the Sky Execs had a quite word with the PL or directly with the clubs so they could get a better view on what is happening so they might be able to pick which games they want to. Obviously this won''t matter for the last day of the season as all games are played at the same time anyway.
Davo

[quote user="Davo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]I may well be wrong but I thought the televised games had to be confirmed by the TV companies at least four weeks before the fixture dates. As it is we are less than four weeks from the Aston Villa weekend and only just over four weeks from the WBA weekend.[/quote]
You are most likely correct but it wouldn''t surprise me if there is some type of clause in there. It also wouldn''t surprise me if the Sky Execs had a quite word with the PL or directly with the clubs so they could get a better view on what is happening so they might be able to pick which games they want to. Obviously this won''t matter for the last day of the season as all games are played at the same time anyway.
Davo

[/quote]

I don''t doubt that Sky would like to wait. Not least because until the FA Cup semi-finals take place this weekend (and possibly not even then) they won''t know what games scheduled for the penultimate weekend (the last weekend of TV games) are going to be postponed because of the Cup Final. But it is not fair on people needing to make travel  arrangements. If there is a four-week rule that should be adhered to.

I was under the impression that it was only 14 days notice, believe I had the discussion with Chris Bailey from NCFC a few years ago.

Sky have announced their live games up to the weekend of the 27/28 April. Therefore, the last three weekends (4/5/6th, 11/12/13th & 19th May)have still to be announced.

"It also wouldn''t surprise me if the Sky Execs had a quite word with the PL or directly with the clubs so they could get a better view on what is happening so they might be able to pick which games they want to. "

I don''t get this statement.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I was under the impression that it was only 14 days notice, believe I had the discussion with Chris Bailey from NCFC a few years ago.

[/quote]

If so that is absurdly short notice, Matt. Clubs and officials and fans have all sorts of arrangements to make. And certainly up until now this season Sky have issued a provisional list probably two months in advance and then confirmed at least five or six weeks ahead of the games.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]"It also wouldn''t surprise me if the Sky Execs had a quite word with the PL or directly with the clubs so they could get a better view on what is happening so they might be able to pick which games they want to. " I don''t get this statement.[/quote]

I think two of the games on the weekend of the 4th May that sky will want to show will be Liverpool V Everton and Chelsea V Man U. Chelsea could be playing in the UEFA Cup the Thursday before so they would need to play either Sunday or Monday. If  Chelsea and Man City draw and have to replay their game that''s another factor as to when Chelsea can play. The following weekend Chelsea are playing Villa which could also be a likely candidate for TV given the fact that it could be marketed as a crunch match due to the Championship qualification and relegation both teams are involved in.

From Sky''s point of view you wouldn''t want to schedule a big match like Man U V Chelsea only to have to move it and miss out on the chance to braodcast it.

Davo

I agree, they will have a much better understanding of the available fixtures after this weekend (assuming it''s not a draw)!

Here you go...

Newly confirmed Sky Live Premier League fixtures in May:

Sun May 5: Liverpool v Everton (1.30pm)Sun May 5: Man Utd v Chelsea (4pm)Mon May 6: Sunderland v Stoke (8pm)Sat May 11: Aston Villa v Chelsea (12.45pm - Subject to FA Cup)Sun May 12: Arsenal v Wigan (1.30pm - Subject to FA Cup)Sun May 12: Man Utd v Swansea (4pm)

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Here you go...

Newly confirmed Sky Live Premier League fixtures in May:

Sun May 5: Liverpool v Everton (1.30pm)Sun May 5: Man Utd v Chelsea (4pm)Mon May 6: Sunderland v Stoke (8pm)Sat May 11: Aston Villa v Chelsea (12.45pm - Subject to FA Cup)Sun May 12: Arsenal v Wigan (1.30pm - Subject to FA Cup)Sun May 12: Man Utd v Swansea (4pm)

[/quote]

Thanks SDP. Is there are news on Sky''s fallback plan (assuming there is one) if Chelsea and/or Wigan get to the final?

So potentially two slots to fill over the weekend of the 11th/12th, from the following:Everton V West HamFulham V LiverpoolNorwich V West BromQPR V NewcastleReading V Man CityStoke V TottenhamSunderland V SouthamptonI''d be surprised if City v WBA is above QPR v Newcastle, but no other fixtures jump out to me.Pete - Do you know when ESPN announce their games?

SDP, I thought we were one game short on our minimum quota with SKY?

ESPN have one game

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2012-13/apr/premier-league-matches-rearranged-100413.html

Yes - we get the money for the minimum of 10 but miss opportunity for additional income associated with games over the minimum. I wonder what factors have led to us not been picked so often this season?

Because we are very boring to watch, I know you didn''t want to say it Highland in case you upset Nutty again!!

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Yes - we get the money for the minimum of 10 but miss opportunity for additional income associated with games over the minimum. I wonder what factors have led to us not been picked so often this season?[/quote]We''ve been boring to watch.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Because we are very boring to watch, I know you didn''t want to say it Highland in case you upset Nutty again!![/quote]

He did seem a bit tetchy which imo is unnecessary on an Internet forum.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]As it''s half term during the Norwich v Villa match I want to spend the weekend in Norwich, is it now ok to book the Nelson ?[/quote] It looks like that will definitely be 3pm on the Saturday as scheduled, the TV games for that weekend having all been chosen. What still doesn''t seem 100 per cent sure is whether the WBA game will be 3pm on the Sunday of the following weekend, given that Sky have chosen two games that weekend that could be postponed.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Yes - we get the money for the minimum of 10 but miss opportunity for additional income associated with games over the minimum. I wonder what factors have led to us not been picked so often this season?[/quote]

So our minimum of 10 equals 7 then, five on Sky and two on ESPN?