Sign in to follow this  
Chelmsford Canary

FA Youth Cup 1983

From distant memory, Goss, Gordon, Rigby, Clayton, Donowa? And we signed the Everton youth striker Farrington after the final

It was Everton. Dave Stringer went on to build one of the most entertaining city teams I''ve watched in the late 80s. Maybe Adams will tread a similar path.

Thanks Tilly - I''d forgotten Spearing and Godbold were also part of that team. Hopefully the current squad can replicate this feat against potentially another Merseyside team.

Went to the Carrow Road leg. Remember a very exciting match. Does anyone know the attendance that night?

[quote user="dpit"]Went to the Carrow Road leg. Remember a very exciting match. Does anyone know the attendance that night?[/quote]Can''t help you there but I do remember there being around 15,500 at Goodison for the return which was more than the first team were attracting at the time.

[quote user="dpit"]Went to the Carrow Road leg. Remember a very exciting match. Does anyone know the attendance that night?[/quote]

I didn''t know them all, but there were certainly some junior pantwetters, trolls, doom merchants, plastics and fans that lived in/near the City at the time, have subsequently moved away, but continue to support the team, no doubt.

I was there, as I had been throughout the rounds

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2897005/ShowPost.aspx

Son of NCFC FA Youth Cup winner Paul Clayton scored in the JPT final yesterday for Crewe Alex.

Both of Pauls sons have played for Crewe, Max Clayton is an England internatonal.

Not his finest hour but Paul (Clanger) Clayton will probably be remembered for the Milk Cup 1st leg at Poorman Rd, he was selected to play on the wing but was never in the game.

I remember reading that Tony Spearing does some scouting for clubs in Europe.

TC Canary,I briefly used to live next door to Tony Spearing when he was playing for Leicester but still living in Norwich in the days before millionaire players. He was a really decent bloke and not full of himself. I believe he is now connected to scouting for West Brom.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]I briefly used to live next door to Tony Spearing when he was playing for Leicester.......[/quote]What a coincidence, so did $mudger. [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Louis Cyphre"]I briefly used to live next door to Tony Spearing when he was playing for Leicester.......[/quote]

What a coincidence, so did $mudger. [:D]
[/quote]

Must''ve been a big house!

I went to the home leg of the final, the crowd was around 12,000

Daryl Godbold is now a colleague at the company I work for, on the outskirts of Norwich

What is it with people saying I used to live next to such and such?!

Really who gives a monkeys, what does that make you superior? If so why haven''t you mentioned it months ago?

I''ve gotta better one. My next door neighbour is a young blonde. Single with extremely nice knorks. Which one is more interesting?