Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Just what we did n't need!

Can''t help feeling that an away trip to the pacy/in form, Gunners will do nothing for our goal difference/ shaky confidence just before the vital run in.Hope I am wrong!

I agree, the defence leaked two last week and another three or four on Saturday could harm morale badly.

(What could be worse, of course, would be going to Man City on the last day needing a point for survival!)

Their defence is crap. So long as we get stuck into them we should be ok.

[quote user="Herman "]Their defence is crap. So long as we get stuck into them we should be ok.[/quote]Have n''t seen our forwards ''get stuck in'' to many defences for many a long month!

[quote user="Herman "]Their defence is crap. So long as we get stuck into them we should be ok.[/quote]i was peed off that Mertesacker got sent off last week. Vermaelen will take his place and he is far better than Mert

I agree with Star , I am so sorry , but I think we will not get anything out of the game but a hammering. Hope I am bloody wrong though

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="Herman "]Their defence is crap. So long as we get stuck into them we should be ok.[/quote]i was peed off that Mertesacker got sent off last week. Vermaelen will take his place and he is far better than Mert
[/quote]

Is he?

I don''t think Vermaelen has been playing as well as he was 2 or 3 years ago and I would say it is quite a big stretch to say he is "far better" than Mertesacker.

"Derby Canary""Herman "Their defence is crap. So long as we get stuck into them we should be ok.

Have n''t seen our forwards ''get stuck in'' to many defences for many a long month!

Maybe Hoots will go with a different mindset now we need to win.

I''m sorry to disappoint everyone but I did the BBC Predictor and put us down to lose this one 53-0.

And we still stayed up...

What did you have us down for half time Warren? I am intrigued if our superior fitness kept the second half score down a   bit, as out notorious slow first halfers, came good again

[quote user="Herman "]"Derby Canary""Herman "Their defence is crap. So long as we get stuck into them we should be ok.

Have n''t seen our forwards ''get stuck in'' to many defences for many a long month!

Maybe Hoots will go with a different mindset now we need to win.[/quote]

You''ll have to explain that one Herman

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Can''t help feeling that an away trip to the pacy/in form, Gunners will do nothing for our goal difference/ shaky confidence just before the vital run in.

Hope I am wrong!
[/quote]

Alternatively, Arsenal could be thinking "Last time we played Norwich, they were on a winless run of 3 points after 7 games (total of 5 goals for vs 17 against), and despite the form book, they went on to beat us". They maybe thinking that we are their bogey team!

As I mentioned in the "Arsenal - our turn around team" post - that win started our run of 6 wins and 4 draws.

I also suggested in that post that Arsenal could be looking at the form guide and see this as a "stroll in the park". However, on reading AW''s exhortations over the last couple of days, I almost get the feeling that they are trying to "pump themselves up" for this one. The pressure is certainly on them for this to be a "must win" game - not only from within the camp and their supporters, but also from the media regarding the opportunity to go 3rd and secure a CL spot.

So, if they don''t get the early goal AW has been calling for, maybe, the natives will start to get restless and get on their backs! (And, we all know the "positive" effect this has on the home team don''t we!).

Seriously, I don''t know why we''re bothering to get on the bus.

They''ve got pace and strikers, they''ve got a defence, even though they won''t need one against us because our Attack has got all the teeth of a Jeremy Kyle guest.

They pass the ball well (Take note Tettey, Johnson, Hoolahan and Howson), they create chances (take note Hoolahan, Snodgrass, Bennett). They score goals (Holt), they work hard (Holt), they''re fit (Holt) and they tackle like good, clean gentlemen (Holt) and behave like them too (Holt).

53-0. 37 down at half time, but we improve dramatically in the second half. Bunn gets man of the match for keeping it respectable.

If Tetty and Pilkington are available, I''d put them straight back in the team .. and rest Hoolahan and put Howson of Bennett in his place behind a lone striker - probably Karama so we have some degree of pace. Hopefully Bunn will be O.K too.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

Seriously, I don''t know why we''re bothering to get on the bus.

They''ve got pace and strikers, they''ve got a defence, even though they won''t need one against us because our Attack has got all the teeth of a Jeremy Kyle guest.

They pass the ball well (Take note Tettey, Johnson, Hoolahan and Howson), they create chances (take note Hoolahan, Snodgrass, Bennett). They score goals (Holt), they work hard (Holt), they''re fit (Holt) and they tackle like good, clean gentlemen (Holt) and behave like them too (Holt).

53-0. 37 down at half time, but we improve dramatically in the second half. Bunn gets man of the match for keeping it respectable.

[/quote]

They''re not on the bus Warren, they are all standing on the platform at Norwich station, in the rain, looking like drowned rats.

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]If Tetty and Pilkington are available, I''d put them straight back in the team .. and rest Hoolahan and put Howson of Bennett in his place behind a lone striker - probably Karama so we have some degree of pace. Hopefully Bunn will be O.K too.[/quote]"some degree of pace"By pace we mean the likes of Walcott here. Karama does have some pace, at least for the first 10 mins before the fatigue starts to set in!

"and Smith must score" "Herman "Their defence is crap. So long as we get stuck into them we should be ok.

If we carry on with our terrible recent record of shots on goal I doubt their defence will be quaking in their boots on Sat.

Fair point. If we carry on in the same style az the second half against Swansea it should be a good spectacle.

If it''s like the Wigan game then...........:''(

I''ll surprised if many of you bother to get up in the morning. I reckon you''ll be hiding under the duvet until five o''clock.

What a load of feckin pansies you lot are[W]

Thank goodness for the manager his team and our yellow army!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Herman "]Their defence is crap. So long as we get stuck into them we should be ok.[/quote]

They will not like it up ''em!

Aerial bombardment is the way forward.

[/quote]

Reminds me of a girlfriend I once had...........