Sign in to follow this  
SYG

El-Nenny...

Looks a very good holding midfielder for Basle, would like him here...

omg...do you really think he would swap his club for City??? I am sorry m8 but you''re entering the realms of fantasy again... He''s got a shot at winning the Europa league, a championship with Basle and the Swiss cup with Basle... They pay big money in Switzerland and players want to win things ... never gonna happen, dream on

I never said it would happen or we are in for him did I?

Simply just saying he looked a good prospect.

Go back to school mate.

I can''t see why he wouldn''t sign for Norwich - no offence to the Swiss league but it isn''t on the same level as the Prem.

With the new TV deal Norwich can blow any wage offer from Basel pretty much out of the water.

I agree with that Bethnal, but did you see the two games against Spurs? They were equal to Spurs , no doubt about it.

I dind''t realise that next season the 20 premiership clubs would be in the top 40 paid clubs round the Europe! I''m not sure after the signings Southampton made last year and our own RVW that we should discount any signing''s to be honest.

It''s more upto MacNally to control the purse strings than players to turn us down in my opinion. Lots to be cheerful about regarding City.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I agree with that Bethnal, but did you see the two games against Spurs? They were equal to Spurs , no doubt about it.[/quote]

So? Basel are a good team, and have been for a few years - that hasn''t stopped many of their best players leaving to play for mid-table teams in Germany, Italy etc. They lost their first choice center back to Getafe on a free transfer - hardly suggests a club with larger stature than Norwich.

There isn''t a huge amount of cash in Swiss football and players soon want to test themselves in bigger leagues - and as strange as it may be to think it, Norwich are now a ''big'' club and capable of taking players from other teams with historically ''bigger'' names or even teams who are actually better than Norwich, but with less cash and exposure.

Mr Fleck, one minute you are saying that wages in Switzerland are bigger than we can afford, the next you are agreeing with Bethnal that we can blow them out of the water with wages...

What is it then?

Thank you Bethnel, I''m sure people/fans would of been surprised about the RVW deal.

There is no way El-Nenny would cost £8.5m, so why the other guy was making out I was a complete idiot is beyond me

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]omg...do you really think he would swap his club for City??? I am sorry m8 but you''re entering the realms of fantasy again... He''s got a shot at winning the Europa league, a championship with Basle and the Swiss cup with Basle... They pay big money in Switzerland and players want to win things ... never gonna happen, dream on[/quote]

Presumably bigger than they pay in Portugal?

[quote user="Canary Willo"]

Mr Fleck, one minute you are saying that wages in Switzerland are bigger than we can afford, the next you are agreeing with Bethnal that we can blow them out of the water with wages...

What is it then?

[/quote]

Methinks he might just be a tiny bit confused.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]omg...do you really think he would swap his club for City??? I am sorry m8 but you''re entering the realms of fantasy again... He''s got a shot at winning the Europa league, a championship with Basle and the Swiss cup with Basle... They pay big money in Switzerland and players want to win things ... never gonna happen, dream on[/quote]

This is simply not true. For a start he is not a Basel player, he is only on loan. I''m sure playing in the Prem would appeal to him,

whether or not he could play for a bigger club than us I''m not sure.

As for Basel and Switzerland, they are a good team, but an average-sized fish in a small pond. Playing big teams in European

competitions is very much the highlight for them. You could compare them to

Celtic, so if we could contemplate signing players from Celtic, why not from

Basel?

Well Willo, I agree with Bethnal that the Swiss league does not have the same appeal as the EPL or the Bundesliga, La Liga,... But Basel are a rich club compared to other clubs in Switzerland. This means we''ll have to offer an improvement or at least equally as much as he had in his contract in Basel. I am not sure City would want to do that.

We could contemplate signing many players I agree, but I do not think evry one of them is jumping at the chance of moving to the UK , just like that. It would have to be a very appealing offer. Basel don''t need the money so that won''t influence the signing like it did the RVW one

You bet ya Webbo, Basel is a very rich club, how about searching it on the internet.

Ich Spreche Deutsch mein Freund, also ich habe die Möglichkeit, Sachen nach zu forschen...das bietet mir etwas mehr Verständnis der Situation. Ich kann die Artikeln lesen ohne Übersetzung.

Number of Players Average Rating Average Age Average Value Total Value Average Wage Total Wages
34 81 24 £3.0M £103.1M £13,537 £460,275

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I agree with that Bethnal, but did you see the two games against Spurs? They were equal to Spurs , no doubt about it.[/quote]

Have you seen our last 3 games against Spurs???

We could attract players of that calibre now, RVW is a bigger prospect than him and he has joined.

Robfleck: "Ich kann die Artikeln lesen ohne Ãœbersetzung."

Jetzt brauchst du nur das Infinitiv ans Satzende stecken, dann wirst du als Deutschmeister anerkannt. (Doch selbstverstaendlich kein deutscher Meister, nehme ich an.)

lol Also, mein Freund GenerationA47, ich soll mit beiden Füssen auf der Erde bleiben ... und nicht in Vorurteilen verknöchert sein.

OTBC!

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]lol Also, mein Freund GenerationA47, ich soll mit beiden Füssen auf der Erde bleiben ... und nicht in Vorurteilen verknöchert sein. OTBC![/quote]

Warum dann ein Loch graben?

Re: El-Nenny...

I agree with that Bethnal, but did you see the two games against Spurs? They were equal to Spurs , no doubt about it.

---------------------------------------------------------

have we not played spurs 3x this season? equaling them 2x and beating them once?

I''d prefer us to try and get their winger Mohammed Salah, also of Egypt. he did look very good from what I saw of him.

Have to say, my choice would have to be Valentin Stocker.

Heard rumours about him being a talent, and have been fortunate enough to watch him a few times, including the 2 games against Spurs.

Clearly, he didn''t have his best game against Spurs last night, but showed what he could do in the first-leg.

The best way I can describe him is Wesley Hoolahan, but 23 years old, taller, quicker and generally more direct. Very impressed with him. A little inconsistent, but so is Wessi. He will get better.

Not saying we are in for him, or even that we should be, its just that he is my pick of the bunch from Basle - regarding attacking players anyway.

As has been said, Mohamed Elneny is talented and at only 20 years old would be a fine acquisition. However, I would say that there are others of his ilk that are very similar. It might be possible, if we are in for a DM, to look elsewhere and get similar for less expense.

There has been talk of Dragovic again, mainly because we have had rumoured interest in the past. Another great talent and a good character that would fit VERY well with our squad. Like Stocker, he didn''t have his best game last night. However, his talent and potential are undeniable. My pick of Basle''s defensive players.

Ok, someone own up...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_El-Nenny