Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Brigham

Football's worst rules

Here''s my latest blog for the PinkUn: football''s worst rules. It features penguins, Phil Jones''s face and Alan Shearer''s tight trousers. You can read it here: http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/blogs/norwich_and_beyond/archive/2013/04/12/2899285.aspx

I''ve probably missed some rubbish rules out, so let me know!

''In order to reduce diving, referees need to start blowing up for fouls in which the victim stays on their feet. That they are increasingly less inclined to do so suggests the laws of the game need tweaking.''

I have to say I disagree with this Dan, I feel this would make the game to ''stop-start'' when the game is stopped enough as it is!

injured players having to leave the field of play after treatment, a forward can give your star defender a whack in the build up of an attack unnoticed by the ref, and when his team wins a corner, your star defender has to go off the field and watch proceedings from the touchline  rather than help defend it... through no fault of his or his teams.... OTBC

Good point refjezdavies. Although I''d have quite liked Michael Oliver to have stopped the game on Saturday when Snodgrass was fouled and then started it again with a penalty!

I have always grumbled about that one.  Going down to 10 men as a result of a foul and an injury.

I think the player who committed the foul should also leave the pitch, whilst treatment is given to the player he fouled.

Nah. It''s a real tough one.

You''d find some players elongating their injury depending on who had fouled them. Especially if it is a key player.

Imagine it was someone like Michu. I''d happily have seen him off the pitch for ten minutes. Without him Swansea would be relatively toothless like they were last season.

If it''s a foul in the penalty area, it should be a penalty regardless of if the player goes to ground or not.

It pisses me off every single weekend when an incident happens and no penalty is given because a player stayed on their feet, or players are booked for diving because they feel the need to go down to win a penalty. A foul is a foul.

Especially when fouls are not given inside the box, even though anywhere else on the pitch they would be given as a foul.

The FA will never sort it out though...

Fully agree AJ.

What also pisses me off is when one of the ''experts'' on MOTD say ''He had every right to go down''.

Why should a player have to go down?

The one about not being able to make a sub till the 85th minute is not too popular!