Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

The nasty side of Holt

I think someone of Holts age would want to be playing rather than sitting on the bench, having him sitting on the bench for 60 /70 minutes is just getting him pent up with frustration and the results in the actions we have been seeing.

If the Mingolet and Chico Flores incidents had happened to our players I would have been screaming for a red card in all fairness, they were poor challenges.

Apart from the incident with Mingolet at Sunderland I actually thought he had quite a good game and held the ball up quite well. I''d rather start with Holt and use Kamara as an impact sub like against Everton.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Making Plans"]Just for the record - last 4 games

Southampton - Holt on from start - booked after 16 minutes
Sunderland - Holt on as a sub 64 minutes - booked after 8 minutes
Wigan - Holt on as a sub 80 minutes - booked after 7 minutes.
Swansea - Holt on as a sub 80 minutes - booked after 6 minutes.

Four bookings in 37 minutes

[/quote]

Just for the record on no occasion was he actually sent off. He must pay the refs...

[/quote]

C''mon Nutty, if the above stats had involved someone not playing for City you would have been appalled (  in a different era even our own much loved Trevor Hockey couldn''t match that in 37 mins ).

OK he wasn''t sent off but it''s plain to see that he''s treading a very fine line indeed.

He needs to get his head straight that''s all.

[/quote]

Hockey wouldn''t have been on the pitch 5 minutes in today''s game. But neither view is relevant.

I have given my opinions about the tackels/bookings. I wasn''t aware those opinions excused them.

I just don''t think Holty is nasty, intent on getting sent off, embarrassing, rapidly becoming a joke, a shadow of his former self, unfit, fat, greedy, laying back enjoying his contract or any of the other slurs our supporters throw at him. Do you Smithy?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Making Plans"]Just for the record - last 4 gamesSouthampton - Holt on from start - booked after 16 minutesSunderland - Holt on as a sub 64 minutes - booked after 8 minutesWigan - Holt on as a sub 80 minutes - booked after 7 minutes. Swansea - Holt on as a sub 80 minutes - booked after 6 minutes.Four bookings in 37 minutes[/quote]

Just for the record on no occasion was he actually sent off. He must pay the refs...

[/quote]

C''mon Nutty, if the above stats had involved someone not playing for City you would have been appalled (  in a different era even our own much loved Trevor Hockey couldn''t match that in 37 mins ).

OK he wasn''t sent off but it''s plain to see that he''s treading a very fine line indeed.

[/quote]

Hockey wouldn''t have been on the pitch 5 minutes in today''s game. But neither view is relevant.

I have given my opinions about the tackels/bookings. I wasn''t aware those opinions excused them.

I just don''t think Holty is nasty, intent on getting sent off, embarrassing, rapidly becoming a joke, a shadow of his former self, unfit, fat, greedy, laying back enjoying his contract or any of the other slurs our supporters throw at him. Do you Smithy?

[/quote]Perception is in the eye of the beholder of course Nutty. But his attitude is being questioned not by just the usual suspects on here is it ? I''m sure he''s not nasty in a literal sense but there''s something disturbing about his general demeanour at the moment. Clearly there''s something wrong.I suspect he''s fed up with the way the manager''s asked him to play this season and they''ve probably had a fall out. He''s a striker, like most strikers he has a big ego, he wants to score goals, he isn''t getting the same opportunities to do so this season. Rightly or wrongly this has affected his form on the pitch and he just gives the impression of going through the motions most of the time. Other times he''s '' over enthusiastic ''.The signs do indicate he feels his future lies elsewhere.I''d love to see him prove us all wrong as he has on other occasions but I think this time it''s different and he''ll be heading for the exit door very soon.

Trouble is when anyone mentions striker''s they always quote goals scored and though I agree Holt is nowhere near as prolific this year I don''t think our style of play has helped. 5 goals this year will be judged as poor regardless of the chances he has had. Do we really think Wolfy would poke up with the same service ? I very much doubt it. Also Holt reminds me of Rooney when he is benched for a few games when he comes on as a sub he charges round like a headless chicken trying too hard. Just my opinions ! (They are right though ).

Getting fed up with all the anti Holt sentiment on this thread. For starters he is not a Nasty player, I have not seen that in his character over the years that I have been watching him and I don''t think any of you have either.

Yes he has been booked when he has come on as a sub, he has also been booked when he has played 90 minutes for us, the figures relating number of minutes on the pitch to number of bookings really don''t show anything new. Why are people twisting this to imply it does.

He is used to starting and being our main striker, which he is, so sitting on the bench for 80 mins isn''t going to please him. That''s not particularly surprising is it.

He needs to play, I am backing Hughton all the way, but that doesn''t mean he is above criticism, for me Holty should be starting and if he is sub, he should be coming on after 60 at the latest to give him a chance to influence the game.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Making Plans"]Just for the record - last 4 games

Southampton - Holt on from start - booked after 16 minutes
Sunderland - Holt on as a sub 64 minutes - booked after 8 minutes
Wigan - Holt on as a sub 80 minutes - booked after 7 minutes.
Swansea - Holt on as a sub 80 minutes - booked after 6 minutes.

Four bookings in 37 minutes

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

agreed and Smith must score. Holt is playing fast and loose with the bookings system.

Holt was great last season but has dropped in form this season - Snodgrass has scored more goals than him. Holt is also ageing and will probably be a bench warmer next season which is why RvW has been signed. Holt has been horribly aggressive, and I also believe he is a diver. I hate diving, as not only is it unfair on the opposition, if the ref believes you''ve dived you go into the book, and which increases the risk of getting marching orders. It is why I also think that over celebrating and time wasting is stupid.

Interestingly, although Holty has been confined to the bench more often than not, he''s committed more fouls (70) than any other player in the top flight