Sign in to follow this  
Scum Buster!!!

Lets All Just Sit And Think For A Minute! Wiz Am I Right?

Well this league is goin to have quite a few contenders for automatic promotion which i am guessing the club should be aiming for. so lets list them and then think which ones we think we can get more points than over the course of the season and this should be able to determine roughly where we will finish.

Palace
Southampton
Preston
Ipswich
Reading
Derby
Leeds

thats all i can think of but please if anyone has anymore please say, but even with just these and us there will be eight contenders for automatic promotion and i think we will struggle to get more points than southampton and i think if palace keep andy johnson the point tally between us will be very close due to him diving all over the show. so i reckon we would be about third place which isnt good enough, but still i dont see ipswich gettin in the top six now but please let me have your opinions on this.

I would definitely add Wolves to that list.  But then there is a whole host of clubs looking to the top 6 who will be very hard to beat.  At the moment my biggest concerns are Wolves, Southampton and Palace.  Hoddle has got Wolves organised and if he can carry on from last season, they will do well.  Saints haven''t sold half the players I thought they would.  They are a lot stronger than I thought they might be and have a superb manager.  My only hope is that arrogance (ala West Ham) takes hold, fans get on their backs and they bottle it.  As for Palace they have strengthened well so far.  A couple of good defenders and McAnuff to replace Routlidge.  It will obviously help if Johnson goes but they will have a good deal of cash to replace him with.  Plus they already have Jon Macken who I rate quite highly.

However, having said allll that I would still rather have our squad, management and fans above all them.  Without a doubt. We have the ability to kick some serious a**e next year.  If Nige picks the right players to bring in, I see no reason why we can''t forget about the opposition and just play our game

[quote]Well this league is goin to have quite a few contenders for automatic promotion which i am guessing the club should be aiming for. so lets list them and then think which ones we think we can get more ...[/quote]

Scum Buster: Not a bad choice mate. I see you have Leeds on your list, Hmm, I have predicted they will finish top, with us in second place.

Yes, everybody has laughed at me!.

PS. Reading (also on your list) will go up, via the play offs.

You may have the gift mate, I can sense an aura on this thread, spooky!. 

In all honesty I think AJ will leave Palace and Crouch will leave Saints.  They have both rejected bids already for those players and the transfer market is only now warming up properly.  AJ has even asked to be allowed to leave. 

Palace despite their signings will be weaker as a team next season, McAnuff is not as good as Routledge and Macken is not as good as AJ.  Sorondo has/will leave as he was only on loan.

Living in Southampton, watching several games at St Mary''s last year and reading the local press leads to me to believe that Saints will be weaker next season.  They will lose plenty of players.  Le Saux and Redknapp have already retired and Svennsson has joined another Svensson at Elfsborg.  Phillips and Niemi will leave to play top-flight football as they reach the end of their careers.  Crouch will leave as he really does have a chance of making the World Cup squad as he offers an option no other English Striker does and Bernard will not play championship football.  This leaves them with a very ordinary squad.  The main threat Saints pose is in what the have in the terms of youth players.  They have the likes of Dyer, Best, Blackstock, Jones who look to be very exciting prospects and some of them even have Championship experience.

I personally can''t see Wolves being a threat, they put a fairly decent run together at the end of the season but they had no pressure and nothing to play for.  I do not rate Hoddle as a manager, hardly any of his former players have anything good to say about him.  Remember this is the man who told that one of Englands all time highest goalscorers (Owen) was not a natural goalscorer!

At the end of the day, we have the best Striker in this league (even if AJ & Crouch are in it), we have the most dangerous player in Hux and many more plus points.  I say let the other clubs worry about how they are going to get more points than us!  There is not a single team that we are not capable of beating, it''s not down to other teams it''s down to whether we are consistent through the season. 

We have the talent!

maybe i will become the second Wiz and try and help u with ur very spooky predications of which another one has came true today wiz! u said to me at the start of the month jarrett would sign and i didnt doubt you and look he is signing on the 1st of july just like u say so i say bring on the promotion party my wizardry friend!

[quote]In all fairness, Mystic Meg would have got that one right, hardly a secret was it?[/quote]

Boo to Westoncanary. Sourgrapes or what?, I saw Jarrett comming miles before anyone else.

Go on admit it, I''m talented and gifted!, you know it makes sense.  

[quote]Boo to Westoncanary. Sourgrapes or what?, I saw Jarrett comming miles before anyone else. Go on admit it, I''m talented and gifted!, you know it makes sense.[/quote]

oh yes, whizh your gifted and talented

(wheres that fiver mate?)

[quote]Boo to Westoncanary. Sourgrapes or what?, I saw Jarrett comming miles before anyone else. Go on admit it, I''m talented and gifted!, you know it makes sense.[/quote]

Well, I''m gonna make my predictions when the transfers have been made. But if all stays as it is, I can see Palace doing very well.