Sign in to follow this  
Tom

What's the point in Goal line technology?

Until referees and assistants can get simple decisions right... goal line technology is a waste of time.

rant over.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]It''s one less decision for them to get wrong.  Therefore there is a point.[/quote]see my comment above to see why i dont agree... not saying you are wrong... it just wont make a jot

[quote user="Mister Chops"]It''s one less decision for them to get wrong.  Therefore there is a point.[/quote]

That''s true.

Still believe the officials get too many basic decisions wrong.

I think the next big issue to tackle is pushing/shirt tugging in the box from corners/free kicks. I don''t think video replays will ever solve that, because it is too subjective.

If Hawkeye says it crossed the line then 95% of TV replays will show the same thing.  It would be a brave or foolish manager to say a ball didn''t cross the line when images show that it did.

And on a separate note, it''s not getting decisions wrong that irritates me so much - we are all human, after all.  It''s the inconsistency of decisions that irritates the hell out of me because it can''t just be coincidence that the home team today got an iffy penalty from an iffy corner.  We wouldn''t have got the same at Carrow Road, but Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea probably would at their grounds.  Wigan, Aston Villa, Swansea wouldn''t have got the same today if they were playing at home.  It''s this maddening inconsistency, which does appear to be linked to a club''s size, stature and wealth, which is the reason so many fans hold the FA and the "Respect" campaign in contempt.