Sign in to follow this  
Xander11ncfc

Hughton take a wthi interview

Sorry if he has already said something and missed it, but he has to come out angry! This has been too many times this has happened to us in general, and the smaller teams.

I don''t care if he gets a ban, a fine or anything, he has to tell the FA how much of a disgrace the reffing was and show some passion as to how were had confirmation of safety stolen away from us today!

[quote user="Xander11ncfc"]and sorry about the title... Not quite sure what happened there went dodgy...[/quote]Just out of curiosity what was the title of this thread meant to say?

[quote user="Xander11ncfc"]Hughton take a risk with interview, its been a long day thats all I can say as some form reasoning to the awful typing...[/quote]Cheers for that, just wondered lol

Firstly it would show some passion which I am sure many fans seem to think he lacks.

Secondly, although yes it may be seen as slightly stupid, the top managers do it week in week out and get away with it, so sometimes you have to play their game. Its a admittedly childish viewpoint but if the FA and top mangers are going to do it then sometimes it has to be played that way.

It probably wouldn''t make the slightest bit of difference in reality, but sometimes you just have to stick your neck out and say what needs saying

[quote user="Xander11ncfc"]Firstly it would show some passion which I am sure many fans seem to think he lacks.

Secondly, although yes it may be seen as slightly stupid, the top managers do it week in week out and get away with it, so sometimes you have to play their game. Its a admittedly childish viewpoint but if the FA and top mangers are going to do it then sometimes it has to be played that way.

It probably wouldn''t make the slightest bit of difference in reality, but sometimes you just have to stick your neck out and say what needs saying[/quote]I don''t see "top managers" doing it week in week out.And yes, it is a childish viewpoint.  It would make Hughton look like he''s cracking under pressure, reminiscent of Keegan''s "I would love it" meltdown.  It would give his critics plenty of ammunition to suggest he''s not up to it.  And it would be against his character which is considered and thoughtful.  Getting a fine and a touchline ban is great headlines but counter-productive.

When managers in the premier league get any decision against them, they will come out and defend these decisions in a blink of an eye, had it been the other end Wenger would have said nothing but the decision because thats his style. Fergie is another who often states stuff as over the top and against his side (RVP ball situation as one major example).

As for him cracking under pressure I don''t agree, he has come out and said something, which I agree with what I said he could have happily gone further without "cracking". It is just the unfortunate way of the premier league that managers will often throw their toys out of the plan. Warnock on final score actually seemed delighted to show a view and not be under such extreme restrictions, now I am not a fan but he makes a valid point about how little allowance for speech the lower managers get

Norwich manager Chris Hughton:

"Losing in that manner is frustrating. For 85 minutes you have to

accept the balance of possession is going to be Arsenal''s. But we

battled well, broke when we could, took the lead and made it difficult

for them.

"If it''s a bit of quality that opens you up, then you hold

your hands up. But a decision has gone against us that a linesman has

given from 45 to 50 yards away and the referee is less than 10 yards

away.

"For a linesman to give it from that distance, and the third

goal was offside with him 10 yards away, it''s almost criminal on a day

that we deserved so much more."

[quote user="Xander11ncfc"]Warnock on final score actually seemed delighted to show a view and not be under such extreme restrictions, now I am not a fan but he makes a valid point about how little allowance for speech the lower managers get[/quote]Yes, and he could say that because he''s no longer a manager.  D''uh.

We are essentially making the same point here. By even saying anything against the ref Hughton is taking some risk. My point with Warnock was has can have that freedom, as you have said, but I also mean that he was essentially saying managers should have more right to some freedom without this so called risk.

But anyway, I am happy with what Hughton said, he has questioned it and though I know it won''t make the slightest difference at least thats something.

[quote user="Xander11ncfc"]We are essentially making the same point here. By even saying anything against the ref Hughton is taking some risk. My point with Warnock was has can have that freedom, as you have said, but I also mean that he was essentially saying managers should have more right to some freedom without this so called risk.

But anyway, I am happy with what Hughton said, he has questioned it and though I know it won''t make the slightest difference at least thats something.[/quote]I agree with you, I''m pleased he was restrained enough to avoid disciplinary action while getting his point across.  I think this will be big motivation for the rest of our season.

Mister chops if you dont see top managers slamming refs you are not watching interviews. Every bad decision is highlighted by the likes of fergie and wenger.

I agree - but then I hate them every time Messrs Ferguson and Wenger do so.

I thought Hoots'' interview was measured and fair - he is obviously thoroughly hacked off, and for him to use the word criminal is as strong as he is likely to go. I hope he uses it to motivate the players for next week more.

[quote user="JF"]Mister chops if you dont see top managers slamming refs you are not watching interviews. Every bad decision is highlighted by the likes of fergie and wenger.[/quote]I said "week in week out", the point being they don''t get bad decisions against them week in week out.It is one rule for one...