Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Arsenal vs Norwich unofficial official match day thread

How lucky are we to be going in at 0-0 though, to be honest? We''ve been caught in possession at the back far too many times with our midfield giving the ball away with suicidal passing.

We need to be fired up after half time

Yes, I''ll be over the moon with a point, but the performance needs to be there to earn it

Just hope when they come back out for the second half theplayers can link up a bit more better and when in an attacking position just make slightly better decisions

Fair first half, could have been worse. Probably going to end up with an embarrasing amount or lack of shots on goal. We''ll do well to finish 0-0. Anyway, got another 2 hours on my shift so I''ll be nervously waiting to clock out and find out the result!

Everybody is being so negative, but half time 0-0 sounds pretty good to me.

We have been determined and well organised if not threatening (guess that hughton all over!?!)

We are in the game though and could see us threatening with some set pieces in second half

Would also look at getting Bennett on later to use his pace

All to play for!

A bit different to the 3-3 last season-it looked like both teams would score every time they had an attack. Not sure that either team will score today.

In terms of football quality this is about the worst Norwich performance I have ever seen. They are totally devoid of confidence and nobody finds any space going forward it is simply a case of playing comfortable balls across the defence. Ball control and losing possession when under little pressure is grim.The odd cross in to the box is invariably poor and Kamara and Holt embarrassing. Holt loks unfit and uninterested. Only bright light is Whittaker who is having an excellent game. Would bring on Becchio and Pilkington to play up front.

Amazingly we are still in the game against a very average and lacklustre Arsenal. BUT we are still in the game so lets keeping hoping for a miracle.

Thanks for keeping us updated AJ. We are still in it, lets see if things change in the second half

[quote user="AJ"]Turner who is on fire at the back![/quote]

Standard.

Are you hootons in disguise?

Dont you understand that it is not possible to shut out Arsenal the way we are playing?

We are lucky to have 0-0 at HT.

Once we are 1-0 down, there will be no way back for us.

We need to up our game.

I am also very happy with a draw, but cant see us getting one, the way we are playing, and with a liability like Holt in the side.

My grandma would run more than he is doing, and my 4 yr old son would win more headers.

I actually cannot believe this threads comments. If we walk away from this game with a point it will be absolutely massive.

We have pretty much contained and frustrated Arsenal for 45 mins.

What exactly were you expecting? Unbelievable.

[quote user="vos"]

In terms of football quality this is about the worst Norwich performance I have ever seen. They are totally devoid of confidence and nobody finds any space going forward it is simply a case of playing comfortable balls across the defence. Ball control and losing possession when under little pressure is grim.The odd cross in to the box is invariably poor and Kamara and Holt embarrassing. Holt loks unfit and uninterested. Only bright light is Whittaker who is having an excellent game. Would bring on Becchio and Pilkington to play up front.

Amazingly we are still in the game against a very average and lacklustre Arsenal. BUT we are still in the game so lets keeping hoping for a miracle.

[/quote]

Er, Pilks isn''t on the bench?

[quote user="AJ"]Howson, on the other hand, has actually looked okay today.  [/quote]

That seems like it''s some kind of surprise but to me Howson has been doing well lately. He''s just become a target for wrongly placed criticism - and there''s usually at least one player in the team who has to fill that role.

I really do hope the lads change their wet shirts at half-time......the little darlins'' will catch their deaths otherwise.....

0-0 at half-time, I''d settle for that......It''s the final third, we just seem to fade......

[quote user="vos"]

[/quote]

Presume this is the first Norwich game you have ever watched then!?!?

Unless we change it up front, we will lose this game 2 or 3-0, without a shot at goal.

No changes at HT for Norwich, dissapointing.

The boys are trying really well to contain Arsenal. However, we have had a number of attcking opportunities going forward and, quite frankly, we have frittered them away. If we could worry Arsenal once or twice when attacking it might cause the opposition to keep one or two not so high up the pitch, constantly putting us under pressure.

Howson to me always looks average, I think today he''s put in a decent shift so far. It''s not a surprise, I think he has got better in every game he has played

Since we are just lumping high balls forward anyway, why not Elliot alongside Kamara to play off his shoulder. Elliot got pace

Holt again, failing to hold up a few balls forward. What is going on with him, seriously? Looks like Morison mk 2. Used to have a lovely touch. Last year he played some lovely football, at the moment he can barely control it. Confidence or what?

Lots of shouting at each other from Holt, Snoddy and Kamara - frustration setting in?

Pressure against now. Lucky not to concede. Appeals for handball. Holt wastes a counter attack by not being able to stop a ball properly.

How the hell have Arsenal not scored?! A mass scramble see''s Arsenal free down the right side, a whipped in cross causes mayhem, possible handball - hacked away by Martin

If we had Cristiano Ronaldo upfront today we wouldn''t score. No number 10 like Wes in behind Holt. Snoddy on the left where he picks the ball up deep inside are own half and has no pace to get to the byline and deliver a cross. (not hi fault) and Kamara on the right who is not a winger really and isn''t going to deliver any crosses into Holt who is totally isolated. If we concede we''ve totally had it. No shots on target. No goal threat.

HOLT HELD A BALL UP

OMG, I SAW IT WITH MY OWN EYES

Plays in Kamara wins a free-kick.

Just saw a reply of the handball shout - fantastic block by none other than Michael Turner. Standout man today