Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Lots of Positives Today!

The Performance, the performance and the performance.

That''s our hardest game (on paper) out of the way until the final game of the season.  So now 4 games where we realistically can get points from.

Reading at home next week.  The tricky part is they really do have nothing to loose.  However they also have the worst away record in the league and will be a Championship team next season.  We have Grant Holt who has now been given the title of Championship Striker by some, so that is good that we are playing a Championship team next week as Holty will no doubt grab a brace.

Wigan are currently beating Millwall and should they do so that will be yet another game for them to fit into their hectic schedule and another focus to distract them.  The Cup final comes before the end of the season.

I''m sure we will use our performance today as a catalyst to get the points we need, starting with Reading next week.

Here''s hoping the Toon Army smash the Mackems tomorrow!  Newcastle can now concentrate on the league after being eliminated from Europe.

Lots of positive individual performances today too NBS -

Bunn was excellent - brilliant reactions to tip Podolski''s shot onto the bar, within inches of saving the penalty and very quick off his line on a number of occasions

Howson I''ve already mentioned on another thread.

Tettey and Whittaker both came back in and played well overall

And finally - Michael ''goal machine'' Turner. An excellent header from an excellent Snodgrass free-kick.

As Churchill said when told the loss of Tobruk wasa blessing in disguise " it is very effectively disguised"

But I agree, hopefully being shafted by officials will inspire the team to pull together and get the points we need. To get over the line starting next week

You have to hope the injustice can spur us on: this was not really a game we were expected to get anything from today so to have come close and been shafted again by crappy decisions will hurt the players. But it was always likely to be about the next four games, three of which are at home - that is probably where our fate will be decided.

Yes - more drive, urgency and desire. A disappointing outcome but it was pleasing to see two forwards starting even if I would have subbed Holt after about an hour for Becchio. Hopefully, we''ll see that urgency and two forwards against the critical match next week.